- - - - -

Jodie Doing 4 Shows A Week- Its An Outrage.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
29 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 June 2008 - 08:40 PM

The role should have gone to Rachel at 8 shows a week. Jodie can't handle 8 shows a week, that's why she is only doing 4. I have no idea if Rachel turned it down but if she did, good for her. She was robbed.

#22 mjr

mjr

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3337 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 08:43 PM

QUOTE(Guest @ Jun 1 2008, 09:40 PM) View Post
The role should have gone to Rachel at 8 shows a week. Jodie can't handle 8 shows a week, that's why she is only doing 4. I have no idea if Rachel turned it down but if she did, good for her. She was robbed.

Firstly, How do you know she can't handle it when she hasn;t even started

Secondly this was up on the website before Jodie had won the comp

and finally, the role is hardly a demanding one vocally ie length of time on stage, I don't think you neesd to be the most expereiced of actress's to pull it off.

#23 Misplaced

Misplaced

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 782 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 08:45 PM

As posted over in the "Winning Nancy - Not 8 Shows" thread, Playbill has picked up on the scheduling (third paragraph from the bottom):

http://www.playbill.com/news/article/118270.html
"I don't trust that pirate girl."

#24 Sadie

Sadie

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 08:52 PM

This is such a relief, I have tickets for a Saturday, hope they don't change things at the last minute

#25 Glinda172xxx

Glinda172xxx

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 09:24 PM

ALW seems to look after all his leading ladies which is a good thing and he has learnt his lesson from the connie debacle. The 'christines' each do 4 shows a week which is a change because there used to be an 'alternate'. The title 'alternate' no longer exsists in this case becase people felt like they were getting sold short by seeing the 'alternate' plus i belive the current christines are quite young. Summer has an alternate aoife, elena roger had an alternate (abbie osmon), jeena- lee james has an alternate (fiona reyes i believe). He is just trying to preserve their voices and i think it is respectful to the perfomers and to the audience that the leading lady has this option. Maybe he has also taken into conisderation that Jodie is not a professional and has not had to do 8 shows a week (or any number for that matter) so she may find that stamina difficult, and he may want to make the experience more enjoyable for her by giving her time off and takign the pressure off slightly. If people are not happy about Jodie doing 4 shows a week then try and make sure you book on the nights she is performing (subject to illness)and vise versa if you dont.
On the website it gives the impression that it is all subject to change so things might, however they might not.

#26 Orchestrator

Orchestrator

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1028 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 09:30 PM

QUOTE(Glinda172xxx @ Jun 1 2008, 10:24 PM) View Post
ALW seems to look after all his leading ladies which is a good thing and he has learnt his lesson from the connie debacle. The 'christines' each do 4 shows a week which is a change because there used to be an 'alternate'. The title 'alternate' no longer exsists in this case becase people felt like they were getting sold short by seeing the 'alternate' plus i belive the current christines are quite young. Summer has an alternate aoife, elena roger had an alternate (abbie osmon), jeena- lee james has an alternate (fiona reyes i believe). He is just trying to preserve their voices and i think it is respectful to the perfomers and to the audience that the leading lady has this option. Maybe he has also taken into conisderation that Jodie is not a professional and has not had to do 8 shows a week (or any number for that matter) so she may find that stamina difficult, and he may want to make the experience more enjoyable for her by giving her time off and takign the pressure off slightly. If people are not happy about Jodie doing 4 shows a week then try and make sure you book on the nights she is performing (subject to illness)and vise versa if you dont.
On the website it gives the impression that it is all subject to change so things might, however they might not.

ALW isn't the producer of Oliver! Jodie isn't one of his leading ladies.
Ooh, that Bernadette Shaw - what a chatterbox!

#27 Glinda172xxx

Glinda172xxx

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 09:35 PM

yes but he has been involved in the process-in the original creative team of phantom he didnt produce it either. He did however produce SOM, he didnt produce thne Evita revival it just says that 'Really useful theatre group' did as does Joseph. Still my point stands the 'Really useful theatre group' look after their leading ladies

#28 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 June 2008 - 09:51 PM

According to digital spy, the latest word is that Jodie will now be doing Saturdays. They have had a lot of complaints  from people outside London who want to come down to see the show and can only come down at week ends.

#29 morven82

morven82

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 03:52 PM

From www.oliverthemusical.com

"Performance Schedule Nancy & OliverAs performances do not commence until 12 December, we do not yet have a full confirmed performance schedule for Nancy and Oliver.

Due to licensing issues we cannot decide which Oliver will perform until shortly before the performance starts.

Sickness and holiday permitting, we have decided that Jodie Prenger is scheduled to perform on Monday and Tuesday evenings, Wednesday matinees, Friday evenings and both performances on Saturday. Until the show opens in December we cannot make a final decision on any additional performances."

So it seems she's doing 6, which I think is a good number. Performers need a break, and they need an understudy anyway in case Jodie's ill.

Hopefully people will be happy with this - I doubt Jodie would have been happy doing just four, especially because Friday and Saturdays are the big theatre nights.

#30 angelfan

angelfan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 757 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 06:07 PM

[Nasty and inflammatory comment removed.]

It's to reduce the chance of her having vocal problems like Connie did when performing The Sound of Music.
Give Yourself Over To Absolute Pleasure

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users