32 replies to this topic

#1 art87

art87

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 12:52 AM

For me it has to be the three finalists singing "Maybe This Time". As my sister said, it was very appropriate seeing as only one of them would be a winner in a coule of hours.

I have been a Jodie fan throughout the series, but actually my favourite solos were Sarah singing Ironic, and Midnight Train to Georgia, and Rachel's Cabaret. Jodie's Send in the Clowns was great too.

Didn't rate Jessie's Man that got Away, but I didn't like any of the swing week much (swing music's not my thing really).

All time lows were all of Tara's songs ("Suddenly I seeeeya" sticking in the memory) and that sickly sweet one that Ashley sung looking like she was about to kill someone and with all her hair scooped to one side.

However the best thing about the whole show has to be the colour themed costumes... The high waist pencil skirt with cheap unhemmed metallic blouson was pretty special (Sisters Are Doing It For Themselves), as was the black shimmery loons with wresling belt combo (Enough is Enough), but surely the winner is the Viva Las Vegas feather collared number. BBC costume department - ten, Nancys - nil.

#2 LaLalaur

LaLalaur

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 12:52 PM

The performance of the series for me is probably Sarah and Rachel's singoff rendition of 'As If We Never Said Goodbye'. That was a real goosebumps moment! It just showed why those two girls were in the competition- Musical Theatre is there element.

Solo-wise, Sarah's 'Midnight Train to Georgia'. smile.gif

#3 mjr

mjr

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3338 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 01:27 PM

For me i think it would have to be The trio maybe this time. The orchestration was just terrific, i think its fantatsic haveing a live band, certainly beats the pants off recorded tracks on X factor. It does make me worry slightly that a move to ITV could loose such fantastic things like the band and of course we would see the increase of repeats and a sistr show on ITV 2. I think the bbc are right with just the one or two shows a week.

#4 Guest_Radders_*

Guest_Radders_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 June 2008 - 01:27 PM

QUOTE(LaLalaur @ Jun 2 2008, 12:52 PM) View Post
The performance of the series for me is probably Sarah and Rachel's singoff rendition of 'As If We Never Said Goodbye'. That was a real goosebumps moment! It just showed why those two girls were in the competition- Musical Theatre is there element.

Solo-wise, Sarah's 'Midnight Train to Georgia'. smile.gif

Totally agree on both counts

#5 Guest_Guest_Morgan_*_*

Guest_Guest_Morgan_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 June 2008 - 03:02 PM

Samantha and Rachel's sing off duet of Memories.

Sarah's Midnight Train to Georgia.

Best of all, for me, was Jessie's ALAHNM in the final.

Also, really liked Samantha's dress in Defying Gravity, certainly one of the better ones in the BBC wardrobe.

#6 allthatjazz

allthatjazz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Interests:I have the theatre bug!! My mission in life is to visit every theatre in london, which could take a while! My current favourites are Chicago, The Lion King and Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. <br /><br />I also enjoy reading and shopping.

Posted 02 June 2008 - 06:44 PM

Rachel's 'Cabaret and Rachel's 'As Long As He Needs Me'.  

I was also spellbound by Rachel's very brief film of her speaking 'As Long As He Needs Me' to Barry Humphries in the acting task.

#7 themancsethcohen

themancsethcohen

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Interests:Performance - Singing, Acting...maybe a bit of 'movement'<br />Also writing.

Posted 02 June 2008 - 06:57 PM

Not really very many of them this series I didn't think...

Sarah and Rachel's singoff though, was possibly the best piece from all 3 shows.
Sarah singing 'Ironic' sticks in my mind as being mindblowingly good, probably best ever solo for me.

Ashley was really good in 'The Winner Takes it All'

I didn't like Jessie's ALAHNM or The Man That Got Away, sorry.

Practially every costume was poo this year, and engineered to show favouritism also (which didn't work, as they always dressed Jodie in dresses that made her look bigger and she won in the end!)

Any Dream Will Do remains my favourite series though...I think...for the men at least tongue.gif
"I Can Do Better Than That"

#8 Guest_Guest_Clare_*_*

Guest_Guest_Clare_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 June 2008 - 07:26 PM

Rachel and Sarah's sing off. Neither should have been there but I am gald they were together as it was the best moment. Look forward to seeing them soon.

#9 stitcher

stitcher

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 07:43 PM

Everything's as if we never said goodbye - Rachel and Sarah's duet was the most thrilling song of the series.

I've even gone back on iplayer to see it again.

I wonder how many choices will be from sing-offs, or finals performances - I think the most memorable numbers in the series have come from the most emotionally charged moments.

#10 stitcher

stitcher

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 07:48 PM

Sorry about minute type in previous post- I also thought that Niamh's pink column dress for Moon River was the only decent frock in the show (apart from the majority of DVO's wardrobe).  Having said that, the "older" girls' outfits for Man I feel like a woman weren't half bad, either.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users