Performance Of The Series

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
32 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_Daveyboy_*

Guest_Daveyboy_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 June 2008 - 07:24 AM

QUOTE(Matthew Winn @ Jun 4 2008, 05:26 AM) View Post
if they work hard they may be able to turn it into more enduring success.

Thank you Matthew for stating the absolute truth behind any series like IDA from the performers viewpoint.
We will see, in time, who has worked hard and who actually will have careers in musical theatre despite any comments postive or negative that any of us might have said throughout the "journey" these type of programmes take us on.

Probably the best quote throughout the show.

#22 Guest_Guest_Thatguyp_*_*

Guest_Guest_Thatguyp_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 June 2008 - 11:19 AM

Matthew Winn: "I'd say that Jessie is a beneficiary of TV casting, given that she'd managed to get absolutely nowhere on her own merits but now has the TV exposure that will allow her to find work for no other reason than because she's been on TV. In a situation like this I don't think any of the final twelve can be described as casualties, even if they lasted only a week or two. They'll all do well out of it for a few months and if they work hard they may be able to turn it into more enduring success."

How do you figure that she got absolutely nowhere on her own merits? Out of the thousands who auditioned to be on "I'd Do Anything", at the age of only 18 and fresh out of school, she made it to the final twelve. After that, she apparently made it to the final 2, on her own merits, because you and several others have repeatedly claimed that she never took direction or advice... I reckon she's therefore achieved quite a lot on her own merits!

There's no winning with the anti-Jessie brigade!!!

#23 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 June 2008 - 12:45 PM

QUOTE(Guest_Thatguyp_* @ Jun 4 2008, 11:19 AM) View Post
Matthew Winn: "I'd say that Jessie is a beneficiary of TV casting, given that she'd managed to get absolutely nowhere on her own merits but now has the TV exposure that will allow her to find work for no other reason than because she's been on TV. In a situation like this I don't think any of the final twelve can be described as casualties, even if they lasted only a week or two. They'll all do well out of it for a few months and if they work hard they may be able to turn it into more enduring success."

How do you figure that she got absolutely nowhere on her own merits? Out of the thousands who auditioned to be on "I'd Do Anything", at the age of only 18 and fresh out of school, she made it to the final twelve. After that, she apparently made it to the final 2, on her own merits, because you and several others have repeatedly claimed that she never took direction or advice... I reckon she's therefore achieved quite a lot on her own merits!

She has been performing in Ireland since the age of 7.

#24 xxJuliexx

xxJuliexx

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 07:47 AM

Sarah - Midnight Train To Georgia

#25 rona910

rona910

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 04:45 PM

QUOTE(Guest_Thatguyp_* @ Jun 4 2008, 12:19 PM) View Post

I don't think anyone's anti-Jessie as no one can claim that she doesn't have potential, it's just that we don't feel she's ready for the theatre quite yet. Plus you couldn't really say that the pro-Jessie parade are open to other opinions either tongue.gif

But back on the subject of the thread, Sarah's Midnight Train to Georgia did it for me.

#26 Guest_jesus christ_*

Guest_jesus christ_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 June 2008 - 06:44 PM

[quote name='rona910' date='Jun 5 2008, 04:45 PM' post='38749']
I don't think anyone's anti-Jessie

laugh.gif YOU CAN NOT BE SERIOUS!!!!!!  blink.gif

Try having a look back through some of the posts luv, think you might just feel a tadge embarressed with that comment  rolleyes.gif

#27 rona910

rona910

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 06:50 PM

QUOTE(jesus christ @ Jun 5 2008, 07:44 PM) View Post
laugh.gif YOU CAN NOT BE SERIOUS!!!!!! blink.gif

Try having a look back through some of the posts luv, think you might just feel a tadge embarressed with that comment rolleyes.gif

Deadly serious. And considering that I've been involved in many of the discussions I would imagine you're referring to, there wouldn't be much point in me re-reading my own posts... blink.gif

#28 Guest_QC_*

Guest_QC_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 June 2008 - 06:51 PM

The whole of Jessies final night performance, "absolutely awesome awesome awesome"!

#29 Guest_Guest_Clare_*_*

Guest_Guest_Clare_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 June 2008 - 10:13 PM

QUOTE(rona910 @ Jun 5 2008, 04:45 PM) View Post
I don't think anyone's anti-Jessie as no one can claim that she doesn't have potential, it's just that we don't feel she's ready for the theatre quite yet. Plus you couldn't really say that the pro-Jessie parade are open to other opinions either tongue.gif

But back on the subject of the thread, Sarah's Midnight Train to Georgia did it for me.

I agree with your comments about  Jessie. Nobody in thier right mind can say she doesn't have talent/potential, but Jodie won the vote so PLEASE get over that and look forward to enjoying them both on the West End stage soon. Jodie IS Nancy. Jessie will be someone  else soon. I am convinced that both ladies would not be impressed with all this ridiculous bantering/bitching. They are both fab and will each achieve great success. I just want them to enjoy it all with out all ths nonsnece. Good luck to you both. I have tickets for Oliver and will look out for both Jessie and Rachel in the future.

#30 art87

art87

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 09:21 AM

QUOTE(jesus christ @ Jun 5 2008, 07:44 PM) View Post
QUOTE(rona910 @ Jun 5 2008, 04:45 PM) View Post

I don't think anyone's anti-Jessie

laugh.gif YOU CAN NOT BE SERIOUS!!!!!! blink.gif

Try having a look back through some of the posts luv, think you might just feel a tadge embarressed with that comment rolleyes.gif

This is getting ridiculous - every thread descends into someone saying everone is getting at Jessie. On this thread it's quite clear that most people liked particular performances of Rachel's and Sarah's best. That doesn't mean they're anti-Jessie (or anti-Jodie for that matter). It's perfectly valid to like one person's particular performance without hating everyone else. Also the manner in which you make your point is unnecessarily patronising. Let's just stick to the topic...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users