Jodie On Graham Norton Tomorrow

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
27 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 June 2008 - 05:13 AM

QUOTE(dan @ Jun 7 2008, 04:36 AM) View Post
Isn't that a bit of 'shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted' ? The comment you have over-reacted to was perfectly acceptable, just a gently amusing play on the situation Jodie described and the fact that there's a dog in 'Oliver'. Choose a post that is actually offensive or place a message on the welcome page to discuss conduct if need be. There are plenty of them on here, non of which have had any moderator attention or intervention. I really think you could have found somewhere a bit better to draw your line in the sand Jenny_tyr, sorry.

^^ Totally agree

#22 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 June 2008 - 08:28 AM

QUOTE(Jenny_tyr @ Jun 6 2008, 10:57 PM) View Post
Defensive? I've not seen a single minute of the I'd Do Anything series, nor have I ever seen or heard any of the performers on that show, so I have absolutely no interest in promoting, slating or defending any of them. I just think that the comment was plain rude, and as this forum has abounded in such posts lately, which has spilt over onto the other forums, I wanted to put my foot down and say "enough of this", as such comments don't lead to anything but further nastiness.

It might have helped if you seen the show!  As already stated there is a dog in Oliver.  He is I am in no doubt fully house trained, so my apologies to you, Bullseye!

#23 rona910

rona910

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 02:25 PM

QUOTE(dan @ Jun 7 2008, 05:36 AM) View Post
Isn't that a bit of 'shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted' ? The comment you have over-reacted to was perfectly acceptable, just a gently amusing play on the situation Jodie described and the fact that there's a dog in 'Oliver'. Choose a post that is actually offensive (or place a message on the welcome page to discuss conduct if need be). There are plenty of them on here, none of which have had any moderator attention or intervention. I really think you could have found somewhere a bit better to draw your line in the sand Jenny_tyr, sorry.

Surely because there has been nasty and insulting comments in the past it makes even more sense to nip a similar situation in the bud? Unless you WANT the forum to descend into a dog-fight of course tongue.gif

#24 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 June 2008 - 03:14 PM

QUOTE(rona910 @ Jun 9 2008, 02:25 PM) View Post
Surely because there has been nasty and insulting comments in the past it makes even more sense to nip a similar situation in the bud? Unless you WANT the forum to descend into a dog-fight of course tongue.gif

Perhaps the comments on 'The Future' forum about Jessie's line of work should be 'nipped in the bud' then, they are far more insulting than anything I said about Jodie's self confessed incontinence!  

Double standards here I think.

#25 Guest_Radders_*

Guest_Radders_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 June 2008 - 04:07 PM

QUOTE(Guest @ Jun 9 2008, 03:14 PM) View Post
Perhaps the comments on 'The Future' forum about Jessie's line of work should be 'nipped in the bud' then, they are far more insulting than anything I said about Jodie's self confessed incontinence!  

Double standards here I think.

I have to say I have just reread "The Future" forum and didn't see anything particularly insulting towards Jessie a few people giving there opinions on her need for training but thats about it - as I have said in another post I find it so strange that Jessie, above all other potential Nancys, has so polarised opinion. In my opinion, from reading many of the posts in this forum any "insults" that may have been thrown in her direction and there have been quite a few, are easily balance by aggressive posts from the pro brigade. Jessie is obviously one of those people who is not everyones cup of tea but I think we can all agree the girl has tallent and great potential.

#26 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 June 2008 - 04:57 PM

QUOTE(Radders @ Jun 9 2008, 04:07 PM) View Post
I have to say I have just reread "The Future" forum and didn't see anything particularly insulting towards Jessie a few people giving there opinions on her need for training but thats about it - as I have said in another post I find it so strange that Jessie, above all other potential Nancys, has so polarised opinion. In my opinion, from reading many of the posts in this forum any "insults" that may have been thrown in her direction and there have been quite a few, are easily balance by aggressive posts from the pro brigade. Jessie is obviously one of those people who is not everyones cup of tea but I think we can all agree the girl has tallent and great potential.

Perhaps I misunderstood the comment by Orchestrator, to mean that she was looking for less savoury work than acting in the vicinity of the West End.  My mistake if so.

I think from looking around other internet sites that Jodie has also polarised opinion.  Maybe its because her and Jessie appear to be both such strong characters.  

Personally I had no great likes or dislikes among the contestants, there were aspects of most of their performances that I enjoyed.  If I had to select favourites they would have been Sarah and Samantha.  However, I think when Jessie was good she was very, very good.

#27 siobhan

siobhan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 08:43 AM

You gotta love Jodie!

watch this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0FyLkpQYFI
Don't dream it..be it!

#28 Red Momma

Red Momma

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 562 posts
  • Interests:Musical Theatre, my garden and my large family.
    I also enjoy travelling

Posted 10 June 2008 - 09:08 AM

QUOTE(siobhan @ Jun 10 2008, 09:43 AM) View Post
You gotta love Jodie!

watch this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0FyLkpQYFI

Just Great.  
I reckon Jodie will be around long after Oliver closes!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users