"Andrew and Cameron are a little out of touch..."

Good for John.

#13 Oxford Simon

Oxford Simon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • Interests:Shakespeare, Sondheim, Bernstein, Blitzstein and on and on and on and on....<br />

Posted 06 June 2008 - 11:08 AM

Interesting interview

I have just watched Jodie on iplayer and thought that she came over well.  She seems 'real' and genuine - which is a good start

#14 rona910

rona910

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 12:04 PM

QUOTE(Oxford Simon @ Jun 6 2008, 12:08 PM) View Post
She seems 'real' and genuine - which is a good start

Just watched it on the iPlayer too - she definitely comes across very well. She is indeed the "People's Nancy"!

#15 Guest_MT FAN_*

Guest_MT FAN_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 June 2008 - 07:28 PM

Graham obviously adores her..."you could do it standing on your head"...  they obviously get on well... and he had genuine affection for her.... she came across as really unaffected and nice....

Agree totally with john Barrowman's comments in the Birmingham interview...... it would have ruined Jessie... too soon... and yep... Cam and Andrew are out of touch.

#16 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 June 2008 - 09:37 PM

Oh well, if she wees herself on stage they can always blame it on the dog.

#17 Jenny_tyr

Jenny_tyr

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1067 posts
  • Interests:Shakespeare

Posted 06 June 2008 - 10:05 PM

QUOTE(Guest @ Jun 6 2008, 11:37 PM) View Post
Oh well, if she wees herself on stage they can always blame it on the dog.

Oh, please, that's not even half funny but just downright nasty. If you have nothing but mean-spirited opinions to express, then please don't bother.
http://groups.yahoo....re_and_Company/
http://blogs.whatson.../rsc-histories/

#18 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 June 2008 - 10:18 PM

QUOTE(Jenny_tyr @ Jun 6 2008, 10:05 PM) View Post
Oh, please, that's not even half funny but just downright nasty. If you have nothing but mean-spirited opinions to express, then please don't bother.

Why so defensive?  It was Jodie herself, on the Graham Norton show who admitted to wetting herself on Saturday night and then went on to say that she sang ALAHNM with wet Spanx.  Honest of her, but a bit too much information for my taste.  I expect her fans will rush to defend her and say its her 'amazing' sense of humour in action again.  Yeah, whatever.

#19 Jenny_tyr

Jenny_tyr

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1067 posts
  • Interests:Shakespeare

Posted 06 June 2008 - 10:57 PM

Defensive? I've not seen a single minute of the I'd Do Anything series, nor have I ever seen or heard any of the performers on that show, so I have absolutely no interest in promoting, slating or defending any of them. I just think that the comment was plain rude, and as this forum has abounded in such posts lately, which has spilt over onto the other forums, I wanted to put my foot down and say "enough of this", as such comments don't lead to anything but further nastiness.
http://groups.yahoo....re_and_Company/
http://blogs.whatson.../rsc-histories/

#20 dan

dan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 04:36 AM

QUOTE(Jenny_tyr @ Jun 6 2008, 11:57 PM) View Post
Defensive? I've not seen a single minute of the I'd Do Anything series, nor have I ever seen or heard any of the performers on that show, so I have absolutely no interest in promoting, slating or defending any of them. I just think that the comment was plain rude, and as this forum has abounded in such posts lately, which has spilt over onto the other forums, I wanted to put my foot down and say "enough of this", as such comments don't lead to anything but further nastiness.

Isn't that a bit of 'shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted' ? The comment you have over-reacted to was perfectly acceptable, just a gently amusing play on the situation Jodie described and the fact that there's a dog in 'Oliver'. Choose a post that is actually offensive (or place a message on the welcome page to discuss conduct if need be). There are plenty of them on here, none of which have had any moderator attention or intervention. I really think you could have found somewhere a bit better to draw your line in the sand Jenny_tyr, sorry.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users