142 replies to this topic

#121 Zippy

Zippy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 01:07 PM

If it's not selling out why don't they just offer day seats to anyone rather than discriminating on people based on age? Seems a bit daft.

#122 RH1234

RH1234

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:33 PM

Just back from press night at the Novello - hilarious! If you haven't yet, you must see this.

#123 KevinUK

KevinUK

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 07:48 AM

Has anyone seen this production from front row? I saw Betty here and remember it being high but not too problematic... But I saw this at the old vic and remember a lot happening towards the back of the stage, so imagine it coud be an issue?
If I stay awake, it must be good.

#124 theatreliker

theatreliker

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 11:28 PM

View PostKevinUK, on 06 April 2012 - 07:48 AM, said:

<br />Has anyone seen this production from front row? I saw Betty here and remember it being high but not too problematic... But I saw this at the old vic and remember a lot happening towards the back of the stage, so imagine it coud be an issue?<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Not at the Novello, but was on front row at the Old Vic. Wonderful view and you see more detailed stuff that is hard to see - like the 'backstage' monitor that shows the cast performing the play in Act 2.
Wouldn't mind seeing it again.
2014 theatre: Blithe Spirit (Gielgud)  Booked: Dirty Rotten Scoundrels (Savoy)  Waterbabies (Curve)  View from the Bridge (Young Vic)  Birdland (Royal Court).

#125 KevinUK

KevinUK

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 12:39 AM

Yeah, I saw it. Front row at the old vic, but dont want the stage blocking my view at the Novello... But for£12 I don't suppose I could complain!
If I stay awake, it must be good.

#126 theatreliker

theatreliker

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 12:33 PM

Just wondering if they are still selling the play text for Noises Off. Saw they were at the Old Vic - didn't get one, though.
Anyone know if there is anywhere online that I could get one?
2014 theatre: Blithe Spirit (Gielgud)  Booked: Dirty Rotten Scoundrels (Savoy)  Waterbabies (Curve)  View from the Bridge (Young Vic)  Birdland (Royal Court).

#127 Pharaoh's number 2

Pharaoh's number 2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3752 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 01:24 PM

They were selling them at the Old Vic after the Malfi matinee on Saturday. Online, you can get the text, but not the version with the current production's graphics on the cover, I don't think.

#128 theatreliker

theatreliker

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 01:36 PM

View PostPharaoh, on 09 April 2012 - 01:24 PM, said:

<br />They were selling them at the Old Vic after the Malfi matinee on Saturday. Online, you can get the text, but not the version with the current production's graphics on the cover, I don't think.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Thanks for that - I'm not in London though :/.

#129 QuincyMD

QuincyMD

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 03:05 PM

They were selling them at the theatre when i was there the other week - try calling the BO.
Which way did he go McGill?

#130 JonnyBoy

JonnyBoy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 06:02 PM

View Posttheatreliker, on 09 April 2012 - 12:33 PM, said:

Just wondering if they are still selling the play text for Noises Off. Saw they were at the Old Vic - didn't get one, though.
Anyone know if there is anywhere online that I could get one?

The NT online bookshop should have it.  Usual book retailers, e.g. Waterstones, amazon, definitely stock it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users