278 replies to this topic

#1 paultheatre

paultheatre

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 12:24 AM

Chichester's production of "Singin' in the Rain" will transfer to the West End to an, as yet, unnamed theatre.  The run will begin 4th February 2012 :)

#2 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3399 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 05:06 AM

View Postpaultheatre, on 26 August 2011 - 12:24 AM, said:

Chichester's production of "Singin' in the Rain" will transfer to the West End to an, as yet, unnamed theatre.  The run will begin 4th February 2012 :)

The Palace Theatre (also confirmed in Bazs column today).  Its a shame because as brilliant as the show is The Palace I think is too big for this production

#3 Pharaoh's number 2

Pharaoh's number 2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3760 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 06:55 AM

Great news! The show is so brilliant, I'm glad it's having a life elsewhere. Shame it has to be a proc arch house,  but there aren't many without in the West End. I don't think the Palace is too big, compared to the Chichister stage (which is larger than the Olivier's).

#4 musicalmadness

musicalmadness

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 11:42 PM

So, this website has finally surfaced!

http://www.singinintherain.co.uk/

Looks like it's definitely happening. Coming to the West End in February 2012 with booking opening on Monday 26th September 2011. I for one am over the moon with this as I would have never been able to see it at Chichester and I think it's pretty great that in my life-time I shall be able to see a West End production of Singin' In The Rain and take it all in!

However, no Theatre has been mentioned on the website as of yet - I presume it'll be The Palace? As everyone already thought it would be....

And in terms of cast? When transfer rumours were put around not long ago people were saying the Chichester cast would go with it...we'll just have to wait and see I guess!
Somebody crowd me with love, somebody force me to care.
Somebody make me come through, I'll always be there as frightened as you of being alive.

#5 DanielWhit

DanielWhit

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2293 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 12:10 AM

My bet is the Palace until June 2012 as a limited run. CFT never tend to do longer transfers.

#6 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3399 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 05:34 AM

View PostDanielWhit, on 15 September 2011 - 12:10 AM, said:

My bet is the Palace until June 2012 as a limited run. CFT never tend to do longer transfers.

Whilst im really pleased for the transfer as its a brilliant production that actually makes the film work on stage, something that doesnt always happen with Singin In The Rain.  I just thing the Palace is too big, its quite an intimate production and would be better in Novello or Guilgud type theatres.

Like the new artwork too

#7 mjr

mjr

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3338 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 08:47 AM

I wonder if this is the transfer Baz was talking about with the outgoing show loosing a rumoured 100k per week.

#8 Mark_E

Mark_E

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2345 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 09:18 AM

Priscilla wouldn't have had such a long closing period if it had been losing that much. My guess is it was Betty.

#9 mjr

mjr

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3338 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 10:02 AM

Yes I think your right! This is now confirmed for the Palace!!!

#10 paultheatre

paultheatre

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 01:58 PM

This has now been officilally confirmed today. HOORAY!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users