278 replies to this topic

#271 KevinUK

KevinUK

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 07:55 PM

Finally saw it and loved it. Only criticism is I'd have like them to use a sofa lol.
If I stay awake, it must be good.

#272 Catqc

Catqc

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 03:46 PM

View PostMinsky, on 22 April 2013 - 07:19 PM, said:

Yes.. She has officially taken over the role of Lina until the end  of the run.
When did she start?

#273 timbo

timbo

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 12:37 PM

Does anybody know if the top level is mostly closed nowadays? Thinking of buying some cheapie tickets in the hope I'll be upgraded. Thanks.

#274 KevinUK

KevinUK

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 09:47 PM

Just go to box office on the day and ask for a day seat - I got stalls row J for 25 instead of 50 2 hours before show time on a Friday
If I stay awake, it must be good.

#275 daniel.

daniel.

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 10:46 PM

I got front row stalls for £25 at 12pm for a Wednesday matinee last week!

#276 Mark_21

Mark_21

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 10:49 PM

I agree, go to the box office and ask for a day seat! I did last Monday (bank holiday) and got a top price stalls seat for 25! I would never risk the balcony hoping for it to be closed! The level should be closed for good! Worst sight lines ever! I got a cheap 10 there for Priscilla and hoped it be closed on a quiet Monday night but it wasn't and couldn't see 2/3 of the stage!
So far in the West End and Off-West End: Wicked, Sister Act, Priscilla, The Lion King, An Inspector Calls, La Cage Aux Folles, Legally Blonde, Waiting For Godot, Blood Brothers, Private Lives, Oliver!, Shirley Valentine, Sweet Charity, All my Sons, Hair, Mamma Mia, End of the Rainbow, Love Story, We Will Rock You, The Children's Hour, The Wizard of Oz, Ordinary Lives, Clybourne Park, Betty Blue Eyes, Thrill Me, Shrek The Musical, Kathy Griffin Live at the Palace, Luise Miller, Billy Elliot, Lend Me A Tenor, Much Ado About Nothing, Park Avenue Cat, Ghost The Musical, The Phantom of the Opera, Love Never Dies, Les Miserables, Jersey Boys, Betwixt, Rock of Ages, A Round-Heeled Woman, Crazy For You, Masterclass, Absent Friends, Sex with a Stranger, After The Turn, The Awkward Squad, All New People, Hay Fever, Soul Sister, Bird's of a Feather UK Tour, Steel Magnolias UK Tour, The Duchess of Malfi, The Sunshine Boys, Noises Off, What the Butler Saw, South Downs/The Browning Version, Sweeney Todd, Long Day's Journey into Night, War Horse, One Man, Two Guvnors, Abigail's Party, Matilda, London Road, Jumpy, Looserville The Musical, Scrooge The Musical, 9 to 5 UK Tour, My Fair Lady...

2013: 9 to 5 The Musical (UK Tour), The Rocky Horror Show (UK Tour), Kiss Me Kate, The Book of Mormon, The Bodyguard, Quartermaine's Terms (Understudy Run), The Judas Kiss, The Bodyguard, The Winslow Boy, Top Hat, The Bodyguard, Ghost The Musical (UK Tour), Singin' in the Rain, Merrily We Roll Along, The Bodyguard, A Chorus Line, Passion Play, The Audience, Passion Play, The Bodyguard, Sweet Bird of Youth, The Bodyguard, Once...

#277 Jon

Jon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1390 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 12:12 AM

View PostMark_21, on 12 May 2013 - 10:49 PM, said:

I agree, go to the box office and ask for a day seat! I did last Monday (bank holiday) and got a top price stalls seat for £25! I would never risk the balcony hoping for it to be closed! The level should be closed for good! Worst sight lines ever! I got a cheap £10 there for Priscilla and hoped it be closed on a quiet Monday night but it wasn't and couldn't see 2/3 of the stage!

Closing the balcony would mean losing 300+ seats so I doubt it'll ever happen, being a listed building means Nimax can't do much to improve the theatre in terms of sightlines,

#278 freckles

freckles

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 06:38 AM

The balcony was open a couple of weeks ago, mid week. Agree it's a rotten view.

#279 Mark_21

Mark_21

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 10:51 AM

View PostJon, on 13 May 2013 - 12:12 AM, said:

Closing the balcony would mean losing 300+ seats so I doubt it'll ever happen, being a listed building means Nimax can't do much to improve the theatre in terms of sightlines,

Oh I agree, they would never close the balcony for good! The size of the balcony is the main reason it's pretty much always open because you'd need a pretty empty house below to find seats for all the balcony!
So far in the West End and Off-West End: Wicked, Sister Act, Priscilla, The Lion King, An Inspector Calls, La Cage Aux Folles, Legally Blonde, Waiting For Godot, Blood Brothers, Private Lives, Oliver!, Shirley Valentine, Sweet Charity, All my Sons, Hair, Mamma Mia, End of the Rainbow, Love Story, We Will Rock You, The Children's Hour, The Wizard of Oz, Ordinary Lives, Clybourne Park, Betty Blue Eyes, Thrill Me, Shrek The Musical, Kathy Griffin Live at the Palace, Luise Miller, Billy Elliot, Lend Me A Tenor, Much Ado About Nothing, Park Avenue Cat, Ghost The Musical, The Phantom of the Opera, Love Never Dies, Les Miserables, Jersey Boys, Betwixt, Rock of Ages, A Round-Heeled Woman, Crazy For You, Masterclass, Absent Friends, Sex with a Stranger, After The Turn, The Awkward Squad, All New People, Hay Fever, Soul Sister, Bird's of a Feather UK Tour, Steel Magnolias UK Tour, The Duchess of Malfi, The Sunshine Boys, Noises Off, What the Butler Saw, South Downs/The Browning Version, Sweeney Todd, Long Day's Journey into Night, War Horse, One Man, Two Guvnors, Abigail's Party, Matilda, London Road, Jumpy, Looserville The Musical, Scrooge The Musical, 9 to 5 UK Tour, My Fair Lady...

2013: 9 to 5 The Musical (UK Tour), The Rocky Horror Show (UK Tour), Kiss Me Kate, The Book of Mormon, The Bodyguard, Quartermaine's Terms (Understudy Run), The Judas Kiss, The Bodyguard, The Winslow Boy, Top Hat, The Bodyguard, Ghost The Musical (UK Tour), Singin' in the Rain, Merrily We Roll Along, The Bodyguard, A Chorus Line, Passion Play, The Audience, Passion Play, The Bodyguard, Sweet Bird of Youth, The Bodyguard, Once...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users