278 replies to this topic

#11 jamescrispy94

jamescrispy94

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 04:15 PM

Excellent news! Very pleased for this production, never got to see it but judging from the great reviews, photos and videos it looked fantastic! But after seeing the photos and videos it will be intresting to see how the set is adapted as in Chichester it only looked like the one set with smaller pieces and furniture coming in front of it, which is no surprise for Chichester but for a West End typical proscenium arch theatre they'd probably need more adapting probably.

And also would you think this transfer would narrow Sweeney Todd's West End transfer down slightly? Obviously it hasn't opened and the transfer's main priorities would be Chichester's reviews , but would there be much of a chance of two Chichester musicals in the West End? (IF the show gets great reviews!)

EDIT: Ive also noticed that SITR is being produced by Stage Entertainment UK and isn't Michael Ball one of the producers for them? So would THAT also narrow a chance of Sweeney's transfer?

#12 mjr

mjr

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3330 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 04:23 PM

View Postjamescrispy94, on 15 September 2011 - 04:15 PM, said:

Excellent news! Very pleased for this production, never got to see it but judging from the great reviews, photos and videos it looked fantastic! But after seeing the photos and videos it will be intresting to see how the set is adapted as in Chichester it only looked like the one set with smaller pieces and furniture coming in front of it, which is no surprise for Chichester but for a West End typical proscenium arch theatre they'd probably need more adapting probably.

And also would you think this transfer would narrow Sweeney Todd's West End transfer down slightly? Obviously it hasn't opened and the transfer's main priorities would be Chichester's reviews , but would there be much of a chance of two Chichester musicals in the West End? (IF the show gets great reviews!)

EDIT: Ive also noticed that SITR is being produced by Stage Entertainment UK and isn't Michael Ball one of the producers for them? So would THAT also narrow a chance of Sweeney's transfer?

There is a rumour that CamMac wanted to help bring Sweeney into town!

#13 richard2711

richard2711

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 06:52 PM

Haven't the rumours for Sweeney Todd always been around the Duke of York's?

#14 RH1234

RH1234

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 04:47 PM

Their new website is so fantastic! It's been so well marketed already, the poster making it look really classy and adverts popping up everywhere already! I really think this could be a hit.

http://www.singinintherain.co.uk/

#15 RH1234

RH1234

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 08:24 AM

Anyone going tonight?

#16 clair

clair

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 12:01 PM

Ooh, day seats are just 25 - just may find myself seeing this more than once in that case! Saw it in Chichester and going on the WOS outing already but it's just SO fantastic!

#17 Jon

Jon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1401 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 07:15 PM

Seeing it on Monday, looking forward to it as I've seen the film but it'll be interesting to see as a stage show, it's one that been done a lot over the years.

Wonder where the 25 day seats are? I'm guessing stalls or near the wet seats!

#18 wls250

wls250

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 08:41 PM

front row.

#19 Jon

Jon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1401 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 11:57 PM

Just came back from SITR and I have to say it's a wonderful show with great songs and a great cast, the set is static but it works, the rain sequence for the title number is great, think people enjoyed getting water splashed on them. My only criticism is that the second act is weaker than the first act and the stage at time looked a bit sparse. Favourite numbers were Moses Supposes and the title number.

It was full with the odd empty seat but I think it should have a healthy run.

#20 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3387 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 05:43 AM

That's good. It was brilliant in Chichester but I was worried it would get lost moving to such a big theatre

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users