• Please log in to reply
278 replies to this topic

#101 shetlander

shetlander

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:39 PM

what it tells us how we are all diffrent.  I fly 600 miles costing me up to £300 plus£80 a night for a hotel, thus for me i want all singing and dancing on the main shows i go to, I'm also quite happy to go to the smaler ones without a set  bloodbrothers has a set, of sorts where chicargo has nothing and a gliter curtain - cheap show to put on so perhaps thats why its lasted so long, but then les mis has masive set etc and its been going for years.  i even went to see the panto in the comedy club at the new year that had no set,  no stage realy and realy enjoyed it.  so i though its all swings and roundabouts and no-one is wrong its all down to out own tastes.

#102 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3373 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 04:42 AM

Whilst I understand where shetlander is coming from, I personally didn't find priscilla to supply a good story, any real emotion, actors were ok and the set actually (if you take the bus away) isn't anything special

Anyway, back to SITR. Cd out middle of August and available to order on dress circle

#103 theatre_kirsty

theatre_kirsty

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 09:16 PM

I saw the show for my first time at the wednesday matinee. was second row of stalls and loved it. I'm not usually one for old hollywood style musicals but i loved it for its simplicity, its brilliat cast and the dancing. The dancing was incredible! Everyone was on top form. I think I may be a little in awe of the Strallen family. I had previously seen Summer and Zizi in LND and Dirty Dancing but had never seen Scarlett and wow!  how can so much talent exist in one family?

Adam Cooper and Daniel Crossley were great as Don and Cosmo, really funny. and Katherine Kingsley as Lina Lomont was also really hilarious. It was so hot on Wednesday too that I didnt even mind getting totally and utterly soaked by them all in the finale. A really fabulous show and I would love to go and see it again!

#104 poster J

poster J

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1014 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 10:32 PM

Saw this a couple of nights ago, great reduction on a premium seat when I went to the box office at 5pm!  The show wasn't empty though, I could only see a few spare seats in the stalls, although I don't know about the upper levels.

I had a pretty much perfect view, could see all the dancing clearly and was sitting in exactly the right place on the centre aisle for a couple of scenes in particular (I'll not spoil it for those who haven't seen it).  Plus I didn't get wet - but only just, I was row I and people 2 or 3 rows in front were getting splashed, Scarlett was going all out at the curtain call to get as many people as possible wet :P

I have to echo everything theatre_kirsty said in the post above about the cast, they really were fabulous.  The dancing was phenomenal and Scarlett especially was on top singing form.  It's such a happy, feelgood show, I simply loved it :)

#105 ABowlerHat

ABowlerHat

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 10:39 PM

Posted Image

The beautiful new cast recording. Released in under two weeks, but a few people have mentioned that it may already be available at the theatre. I'll see when I visit on Saturday!

(Photo credit: Singin' In The Rain Official Facebook Page)

P.S. Sorry for the large size!

#106 richard2711

richard2711

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 638 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 11:16 PM

Has the umbrella hanged from blue to red in the promo pics? Or am I getting it mixed up with something else?

#107 ABowlerHat

ABowlerHat

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 11:30 PM

View Postrichard2711, on 01 August 2012 - 11:16 PM, said:

Has the umbrella hanged from blue to red in the promo pics? Or am I getting it mixed up with something else?

You're right, but it stands out that bit more, for me!

Original:

Posted Image

#108 cat123

cat123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3354 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 10:19 AM

I have a poster I got before previews started with the blue umbrella, it's weird for me to see the red ones all over London!

Has Francis been on as Don yet?

#109 ABowlerHat

ABowlerHat

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 06:28 PM

Brendan's on as Cosmo this evening and the recording can now be purchased in the foyer!

#110 cat123

cat123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3354 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 01:31 PM

Has anyone had a listen?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users