278 replies to this topic

#161 Nicholas

Nicholas

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:22 AM

This was a seasonal gift for me, and I thought this was a real delight.  I wish I could say I loved it as much as I love the film, which is undoubtedly in my top ten films of all time (last year, to celebrate my birthday, I stayed at home and watched the film for the umpteenth time, because my life is wild).  I probably enjoyed the film a teeny bit more, but I was just so happy to actually watch this.  All the cast a delight - (showing how bad my awareness of musicals has become) I'd never seen Scarlett Strallen before but now I'm in love, and everyone else was great.  I liked the fact that they didn't try to recreate the film - there was a freshness to "Make 'Em Laugh" or the title track or all of it, really, which was lovely.  I left humming the title tune.  Oh, it was good.  Not perfect, mind, but just a wonderful evening.

#162 Nicholas

Nicholas

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:44 AM

I meant to ask - who sang Beautiful Girls?  When they came on I was blown away!  He had a really great voice!

#163 Reich

Reich

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1028 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:00 AM

I'm delighted to see this wondful show recasting / moving on / growing up! I hope it continues to do so

Any plans for Broadway? I think it would do really well

Broadway has been very good to me. But then, I've been very good to broadway.

#164 westy

westy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:42 PM

I went on Tuesday sensational show loved every minute. Daniel Crossley was off but Brendan Cull was excellent in his place. Anyone know who was on as u/s Lina? Didn't get a slip in my programme but she was simply superb. And hilarious!

#165 westy

westy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:43 PM

PS wanna buy tickets for Sat matinee for my mums birthday. Anyone know where I can get an offer? GILT not offering sat tickets :-((((

#166 cat123

cat123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3357 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:47 PM

View Postwesty, on 11 January 2013 - 12:42 PM, said:

I went on Tuesday sensational show loved every minute. Daniel Crossley was off but Brendan Cull was excellent in his place. Anyone know who was on as u/s Lina? Didn't get a slip in my programme but she was simply superb. And hilarious!

When I went, I saw Flora Dawson as Lina but I have a feeling she's second cover.

#167 JN1

JN1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:31 PM

I have just seen it and it truely is a fantastic show! this revival has very quickly became one of, if not, my favorite performance i have been to see!

#168 Catqc

Catqc

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:41 PM

I'm a huge fan of this, going to see it again on Saturday for Scarlett's last night, does anyone know if the rest of the main cast will be on that night? Want to see Adam, Daniel and Katherine again if possible :)

#169 cat123

cat123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3357 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:50 PM

Seriously, who is taking over from Scarlett? I know Sherrie's covering til cast change but... Anyone heard anything?

#170 Mothers Younger Brother

Mothers Younger Brother

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:55 PM

Louise Bowden is taking over from Scarlett from February 18th

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users