#241 abs2512

abs2512

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:26 AM

View PostTitan, on 21 February 2013 - 10:51 AM, said:

I hope its not Adam, but I doubt its been cast yet.

and I hope it is Adam :D
Just booked front row tickets (thanks to a great friend) for the last night - I hope to see it a few times between now and then
Titanic, Barnum, The Colour Purple, Passion Play,, The American Plan, Merrilly We Roll Along, High Society, Bullets and Daffidils, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory,  Pride and Prdjudice, Let It Be, Macbeth, Billy Holliday, A Chorus Line, Salad Days, Tailor Made Man,Privates on Parade, Lift, Cabaret, Impotent, Rocky Horror Show, Kiss Me Kate, Loserville, Cinderella, Boy Meets Boy, Constellation, Victor/Victoria, Daddy Long Legs, Ragtime, I Love You Because, Singing in the Rain : Legally Blonde : La Cage Aux Faux : Sunset Boulevard : Million Dollar Quartet : Avenue Q : Much Ado About Nothing : Wicked : Lord Arthur Saville Crime : Blood Brothers : Grease : Mary Poppins : Thrill Me : The Exonerated : Flare Path : Hedder Gabler : Lend Me A Tenor : Crazy for You : Dirty Dancing : The Producers :Jersey Boys : Matilda : Sound of Music : Joseph : The Doctors Dilema :  Volcano : Soul Sister : Never Forget : Ghost : Les Miserables : Love Never Dies : Phantom of the Opera : Mack and Mable : Sweeney Todd : Chicago : Hair : Hairspray : Abigails Party : Rent : Our Boys : The Last Session: War Horse : The Kings Speech : The Wizard of Oz : Cats : Starlight Express : The Phantom of the Opera : Mamma Mia : The Lion King : Love Story : The Tempest : Billy Elliot : The 39 Steps : Oliver : Top Hat : Rock of Ages : One Man Two Govnors : Shrek : Dreamboats and Petticoats : All the Fun of the Fair : Burn the Floor : Betwixt : Ordinary Days : State Fair : Carousel : End of the Rainbow : Cool Hand Luke : The Book of Mormon : Once : Guys and Dolls : South Pacific : Sister Act : Priscilla,

#242 Catqc

Catqc

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:36 PM

I hope it's Adam too! Although I doubt whether I'd see the tour to be honest...maybe when it returns to Chichester!!

#243 abs2512

abs2512

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 10:29 AM

Saw the new cast of Singin' in the Rain yesterday afternoon. Took a while to warm to Jennifer Ellison as Lina Lamont but by the end i really thought she was very good. Loved the little bits that a new cast add to a show. Looking forward to going back for the WOS night this week (with a SITR virgin)
Titanic, Barnum, The Colour Purple, Passion Play,, The American Plan, Merrilly We Roll Along, High Society, Bullets and Daffidils, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory,  Pride and Prdjudice, Let It Be, Macbeth, Billy Holliday, A Chorus Line, Salad Days, Tailor Made Man,Privates on Parade, Lift, Cabaret, Impotent, Rocky Horror Show, Kiss Me Kate, Loserville, Cinderella, Boy Meets Boy, Constellation, Victor/Victoria, Daddy Long Legs, Ragtime, I Love You Because, Singing in the Rain : Legally Blonde : La Cage Aux Faux : Sunset Boulevard : Million Dollar Quartet : Avenue Q : Much Ado About Nothing : Wicked : Lord Arthur Saville Crime : Blood Brothers : Grease : Mary Poppins : Thrill Me : The Exonerated : Flare Path : Hedder Gabler : Lend Me A Tenor : Crazy for You : Dirty Dancing : The Producers :Jersey Boys : Matilda : Sound of Music : Joseph : The Doctors Dilema :  Volcano : Soul Sister : Never Forget : Ghost : Les Miserables : Love Never Dies : Phantom of the Opera : Mack and Mable : Sweeney Todd : Chicago : Hair : Hairspray : Abigails Party : Rent : Our Boys : The Last Session: War Horse : The Kings Speech : The Wizard of Oz : Cats : Starlight Express : The Phantom of the Opera : Mamma Mia : The Lion King : Love Story : The Tempest : Billy Elliot : The 39 Steps : Oliver : Top Hat : Rock of Ages : One Man Two Govnors : Shrek : Dreamboats and Petticoats : All the Fun of the Fair : Burn the Floor : Betwixt : Ordinary Days : State Fair : Carousel : End of the Rainbow : Cool Hand Luke : The Book of Mormon : Once : Guys and Dolls : South Pacific : Sister Act : Priscilla,

#244 Catqc

Catqc

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 02:53 PM

How were Louise Bowden and Stephane?

#245 abs2512

abs2512

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 04:24 PM

Catqc, Louise was very good,  there's not too much that can be done in the role of Kathy to make it different from her predecessors. Its very obvious that Adam and Louise  have worked together before, they seem very comfortable on stage.  Stephane as Cosmo was  my favourite yesterday, he brings something very different, funnier than Dan, his dancing is brilliant and he sings fantastically. I'm so pleased he has a meaty roll to get his teeth into, i've liked him since seeing him in Never Forget and this roll plays to all his strengths. Jennifer took a bit of getting used too, but she won me over by the end.

#246 Steffi

Steffi

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 568 posts
  • Interests:Find me on twitter @Steffi_G

Posted 03 March 2013 - 04:34 PM

I loved Stephane's Cosmo. I really enjoyed Daniel in the part as well but this role is just perfect for Stephane. He's very funny and his singing and dancing is fantastic. I've seen him in various shows since 1999 and always thought he's at his best when he gets to combine humour and great dancing (like in this show).

#247 Catqc

Catqc

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 04:59 PM

Yay!! Glad the new cast are a success!!

#248 hayhay

hayhay

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 06:56 PM

I saw the show yesterday, first time of seeing it! Absolutely loved it! Thought all the cast were fantastic!

#249 PoppyT

PoppyT

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:56 PM

#250 sandeman

sandeman

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • Interests:Worked in professional theatre for over 20 years.

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:21 PM

Jennifer Ellison who has just taken over the role of Lina Lamont in SIngin' in the Rain has just discovered (literally) that she is 5 months pregnant with the baby due in July so will be leaving the show long before it's September 1st closure. After her last baby thee years ago she was told chance of conceiving was very unlikely so real shock and lovely surprise for her.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users