278 replies to this topic

#31 ianianian

ianianian

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 12:40 AM

Pretty sure I was out of there about 22:15 last Friday but that was a 19:30 start. I read that it starts half an hour earlier on Mon/Tues!

#32 *Michael*

*Michael*

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 02:36 PM

Anyone had any luck with day seats for this yet?

#33 DanielWhit

DanielWhit

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2293 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 02:57 PM

View Postianianian, on 14 February 2012 - 12:40 AM, said:

Pretty sure I was out of there about 22:15 last Friday but that was a 19:30 start. I read that it starts half an hour earlier on Mon/Tues!

Yeah - 7pm starts on Monday and Tuesday.

#34 craftymiss

craftymiss

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 09:19 PM

I saw this Thu and it finished at 2215hrs.  It was amazing; I was in Stalls C and got wet but we were expecting it.  Adam really doesnt hold back with his 'hoofing' the water at least it was warm despite the chlorine smell lol.  I'm going again next month

#35 CaityGlinda

CaityGlinda

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 726 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 11:23 AM

Just for future reference, it finished at 21:45 or there abouts last night (And I got my train fine!). The show was lovely by the way. The performances, costumes, set etc were great; I just feel the story is lacking somewhat, but of course that can't be helped and I felt the same way about the film!

Another thing - I was sat at the front of the Upper Circle and towards the end of Act One a woman fell down the stairs of the centre aisle and nearly went over the railing - someone caught her leg just in time! I did hear someone saying during the interval that she was okay!
[West End] Wicked x7 . The Phantom Of The Opera x4 . Les Miserables x4 . Oliver! x3 .The Lion King x2 . We Will Rock You x2 . Sister Act x2 . Blood Brothers x2 . Hair x2 . War Horse x2 . Love Never Dies . Jersey Boys . Avenue Q . Hairspray . The 39 Steps . Legally Blonde . Mamma Mia! . Deathtrap . The Wizard of Oz . Ghost the Musical . Billy Elliot . Singin' In The Rain . Top Hat . Sweeney Todd . Matilda . Loserville .
[Broadway]  Next to Normal . Wicked . Anything Goes . End of the Rainbow .
[UK Tour]  West Side Story (Salford) . Joseph (Sheffield) . Oklahoma! (Sheffield) . Blood Brothers (Sheffield) . Avenue Q (Sheffield) . Jekyll and Hyde (Sheffield) . Tell Me On A Sunday (Sheffield) . Journey's End (Sheffield) . The Phantom Of The Opera (Leeds) .
[Regional] Hamlet (Sheffield Crucible) . Othello (Sheffield Crucible) . Company (Sheffield Crucible) . My Fair Lady (Sheffield Crucible) . Oliver (Sheffield Crucible)

#36 SHk

SHk

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 09:39 PM

View Postcraftymiss, on 14 February 2012 - 09:19 PM, said:

I saw this Thu and it finished at 2215hrs.  It was amazing; I was in Stalls C and got wet but we were expecting it.  Adam really doesnt hold back with his 'hoofing' the water at least it was warm despite the chlorine smell lol.  I'm going again next month

It must have been so nice to sit in Row C Stalls. I sat in rear Balcony Row M (higher up than Upper Circle = 4th level), and it was so very very far and steep. I paid £15  through getintolondontheatre discount, but still felt like a rip-off with that kind of view.

Having said that, the show was so good that in the end I half-forgot about the view (but only half).  As a fan of the original film, I didn't expect the stage version to be as good as the film, but it was! It surpassed all my expectations. The cast was genuinely great. The water-splashing was generous. I was weeping with joy at Moses Supposes, Goo'Morning, the title song and the curtain-call finale.  Real gold is this show.

The only worry is that there doesn't seem to be many tickets left for tuture performances. But I'm determined to see it again, somehow, and in a better seat!

#37 RH1234

RH1234

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 03:09 PM

So pleased it's had the same critical response in the West End, can't wait to see it now!

http://www.whatsonst...s a splash.html

#38 tommo2k

tommo2k

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 12:20 AM

I love the film but have always been put off seeing a show version as I reckoned they'd be tacky and cheap versions. This, however, sounds pretty good so I might give it a go!

#39 wls250

wls250

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 02:12 PM

Went to this yesterday matinee! LOVED it. Was so much fun, we day queed and got there about 9? and there was about 8 people in front, by 10 the queue was at the end of the buidling.
Front row the lower numbers looks like you get more wet than the higher numbers (due to the cast members kicking left) If you go prepared and have a coach you can lift up you'll be fine - personally loved it and would recommend front row every time!
Brilliant cast and as much as I loved the cast can't wait to see some understudies!

#40 Epcot99

Epcot99

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:51 AM

I day seated last Saturday as a last minute thing....  Got there about 11am

Didn't get front row but got side slips in row D for the matinee....  The view was fine just a very small part of the stage you couldn't see....  Although I wasn't in the seat right on the end, that may have given a bit of a dodgy view as there is a pillar!....  I even I got a little bit wet!....

They definitely do not hold back with the water kicking!....  ;o)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users