What time did you buy your dayseats at?

#92 cat123

cat123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3357 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 12:14 PM

10. I got there about 9:45 and there were only about 5 people in the queue but by the time to BO opened there were about 20

#93 shetlander

shetlander

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 12:23 PM

i think the front seats and getting wet is the best part of the show, after being to prescilla loads of times its nothing near as good, but its still an enjoyable night out, they only use a fraction of the masive stage and it doesnt have much of a set, but still get tickets for there and dont tell who your taking about the wet bit, then get them to sit in the seats nearest the middle isles as you can.

#94 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3384 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 01:05 PM

It's all a matter of opinion really, I'd say personalky SITR is miles better than Priscilla which I'd have to put as one of the worst jukebox shows. Whatever you think in the end it's definitely worth seeing as its the best production of the show I've seen

#95 Reich

Reich

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1026 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 01:32 PM

I'm in total agreement with Titian

Broadway has been very good to me. But then, I've been very good to broadway.

#96 cat123

cat123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3357 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 03:45 PM

I really disliked Priscilla and loved SITR. Flashy sets do not impress me, Chicago is one of my favourites and I've seen some outstanding fringe shows. Great performances is what impresses me, and Adam, Scarlett and Daniel were sensational and captured the mood of the film perfectly.

#97 shetlander

shetlander

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 08:08 PM

I travel about 600 miles to get to london so if im going to something and its over £60 a ticket, i want flashy lights, amasing  sets and great actors and story to make it worth while. If any of that elements are missing then i can feel cheated in some way.  Chicargo is good but think how great it would be if the band was in the pit and they put a set on the stage??  i liked Prescila as it had all the above elements plus great costumes, it maybe a juke box musicail but a lot of it was befour my time so i thought they were some new music in it!  im only finding out when i listen to a song on the radio and i link it to prescilla that i find out how old they are and what the sounded like origonaly.

when i come out of a show i tend to box it in several boses, 'great', 'ok' and 'tick it off the list'  if all the elements are there the better the box it goes in

#98 poster J

poster J

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1017 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 08:35 PM

View Postshetlander, on 22 July 2012 - 08:08 PM, said:

Chicargo is good but think how great it would be if the band was in the pit and they put a set on the stage??  i

Chicago is great for me because they put the band on the stage - gives it a more authentic jazz feel.  I don't want bright neon lights all the time, I like musicals when (funnily enough) the music is good, and the acting, storyline, costumes and set complement the music.  A show doesn't have to be flashy to be impressive, some of the best shows are understated but powerful, like Blood Brothers.  Singin in the Rain appeals to me for that reason, whereas I was never bothered about seeing Priscilla.

And I'm not someone who can get to London easily either most of the time, I have to fly!

#99 CaityGlinda

CaityGlinda

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 726 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 08:53 PM

The most powerful piece of theatre I've seen is War Horse and that has next to no set at all. "Lovely" is the word that comes to mind when I think of this production of Singin' In The Rain. It didn't need to be anything flashy.
[West End] Wicked x7 . The Phantom Of The Opera x4 . Les Miserables x4 . Oliver! x3 .The Lion King x2 . We Will Rock You x2 . Sister Act x2 . Blood Brothers x2 . Hair x2 . War Horse x2 . Love Never Dies . Jersey Boys . Avenue Q . Hairspray . The 39 Steps . Legally Blonde . Mamma Mia! . Deathtrap . The Wizard of Oz . Ghost the Musical . Billy Elliot . Singin' In The Rain . Top Hat . Sweeney Todd . Matilda . Loserville .
[Broadway]  Next to Normal . Wicked . Anything Goes . End of the Rainbow .
[UK Tour]  West Side Story (Salford) . Joseph (Sheffield) . Oklahoma! (Sheffield) . Blood Brothers (Sheffield) . Avenue Q (Sheffield) . Jekyll and Hyde (Sheffield) . Tell Me On A Sunday (Sheffield) . Journey's End (Sheffield) . The Phantom Of The Opera (Leeds) .
[Regional] Hamlet (Sheffield Crucible) . Othello (Sheffield Crucible) . Company (Sheffield Crucible) . My Fair Lady (Sheffield Crucible) . Oliver (Sheffield Crucible)

#100 cat123

cat123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3357 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 08:57 PM

View Postposter J, on 22 July 2012 - 08:35 PM, said:

Chicago is great for me because they put the band on the stage - gives it a more authentic jazz feel.  I don't want bright neon lights all the time, I like musicals when (funnily enough) the music is good, and the acting, storyline, costumes and set complement the music.  A show doesn't have to be flashy to be impressive, some of the best shows are understated but powerful, like Blood Brothers.  Singin in the Rain appeals to me for that reason, whereas I was never bothered about seeing Priscilla.

And I'm not someone who can get to London easily either most of the time, I have to fly!

You have perfectly summed up exactly how I feel. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users