• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 invictor

invictor

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 05:15 PM

Heard some rumours going around, here and elsewhere that Niamh has been cast as Liesl in The Sound of Music? Wondered if anyone else had heard anything a bit more concrete as I haven't seen anything official yet.

Might be a bit of a short run but at least its a good start for her if its true.

#2 Guest_dragonfly_*

Guest_dragonfly_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 June 2008 - 10:20 AM

I have it on vey good authority that niamh is being slotted into into SOM as Liesl - this comes AFTER verbal offers had already been made to two girls to play the part and understudy it.  The girl who was originally offered the part has now been downgraded to understudy, and the girl who was offered understudy has had the offer retracted and now has no part in the show at all.  Absolutely shocking IMO - but that's showbusiness, eh?

Has anyone else heard about this?

#3 Misplaced

Misplaced

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 782 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 04:00 PM

QUOTE(dragonfly @ Jun 10 2008, 11:20 AM) View Post

See this thread dated May 22

http://www.whatsonstage.com/board/index.php?showtopic=3935
"I don't trust that pirate girl."

#4 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 June 2008 - 05:54 PM

QUOTE(dragonfly @ Jun 10 2008, 10:20 AM) View Post
I have it on vey good authority that niamh is being slotted into into SOM as Liesl - this comes AFTER verbal offers had already been made to two girls to play the part and understudy it.  The girl who was originally offered the part has now been downgraded to understudy, and the girl who was offered understudy has had the offer retracted and now has no part in the show at all.  Absolutely shocking IMO - but that's showbusiness, eh?

May 4 2008, 09:41 AM
Post #39
I wouldn't be surprised if one of the younger girls gets offered to play Liesl in SOM. The word is that current understudy was offered the part then had it taken away (very unprofessional IMHO) as ALW apparently has other ideas for the part!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users