29 replies to this topic

#1 Elle

Elle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 09:48 AM

New magazine states Jodie's already moved into a London penthouse apartment and will receive half her 3,000 per week salary until Oliver! opens this December.

Good luck to her... I hope everything works out for her ~ she worked hard in the show and took the criticism well (I think!).

#2 Guest_Jennell_*

Guest_Jennell_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 June 2008 - 10:43 PM

QUOTE(Elle @ Jun 10 2008, 09:48 AM) View Post
New magazine states Jodie's already moved into a London penthouse apartment and will receive half her 3,000 per week salary until Oliver! opens this December.

Good luck to her... I hope everything works out for her ~ she worked hard in the show and took the criticism well (I think!).

I wish her good luck too.

#3 Annasette

Annasette

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 11:43 AM

A 1500 a week RETAINER for all those months to subsidise her move to London! Not bad, if you can get it! But in financial terms, Nancy isn't in the same league as Maria or Joseph. It's still massively over standard rates for such a relatively small part though.

#4 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 June 2008 - 04:07 PM

Does anyone know what the average weekly salary is for an actor as a lead in a West End Musical?

#5 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 June 2008 - 05:51 PM

There is no average salary. For Kenwright it can be like 500 a week (minus tax and agent's commission). Usually unless you are a name of some sort (even if it's just a name within MT and theatre circles) it's anything between 650 and say 1000 a week. But it really depends. After that it can sky rocket but someone who is an experienced West End leading lady but still younger than 50 (but not a household name) would be on say 2000-3000 a week. Sometimes lead actors can also be on a salary plus a share of the box office.

#6 Annasette

Annasette

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 08:17 PM

Nancy isn't the lead remember!

#7 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 June 2008 - 10:47 AM

QUOTE(Annasette @ Jun 13 2008, 08:17 PM) View Post
Nancy isn't the lead remember!

I'm sure people agree that west end performers are grossly underpaid. I mean Connie ended up on 10,000 a week, which compared to what other leads get is extortionate. I hope this encourages more salary increases across the board, but I doubt it, too many greedy producers. Jodie will be the reason many people pay for the 60 priced tickets, so may be 3k a week isn't fair.

#8 Annasette

Annasette

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 12:47 PM

Too many shows struggling to survive more like! And whereas "Oliver" will be an exception to the rule, what do you think would be fair for Jodie then?

#9 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 June 2008 - 01:08 PM

Jodie is on a more than fair wage at 3000 a week once she starts performing. That is a fortune for someone who has no experience, no name and isn't even playing a lead. That said, if she draws the crowds she may end up getting a share of the box office.

#10 Annasette

Annasette

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 01:20 PM

She won't be given a present of a share of the box office if that isn't written into her contract.

And 3000 a week is indeed a lot more than she could possibly have hoped for as cast the conventional way.  On top of that, she has the retainer of 1500 a week for 6 months, during which time she can take advantage of any other offers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users