No replies to this topic

#1 Millie Dillmount

Millie Dillmount

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 11:43 AM

i went along to see blood brothers yesterday on an additional 'special' matinee (their matinee day is thursday but for some reason they had an additional wednesday show), and managed to get a row b dress circle seat for 15 using the WoS september sale. I have seen the show dozens of times of the years - most recently i saw the tour at the churchill in bromley which is my local with lyn paul as mrs j

i did wonder after booking if there would be lots of covers on, because it was a 9th performance this week, but i was pleased that there wasn't any principles on as a i particularly wanted to see how amy robbins did as mrs j

from the programme it looks like she has never done a musical before. her voice is amazing, and she is a TERRIFIC actress! i always cry at the end of the show, but she had me in floods singing easy terms. she added such pathos, tenderness and also humour to the role

the way she collapsed onto the stage during tell me its not true, id never seen before with any other actress in the part but it was just amazing!

my face was sore from all of the tears and my glasses were well smeared! not bad for a 36 year old bloke!

i HAVE to see her again!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users