2 replies to this topic

#1 if_i_only_had_a_heart

if_i_only_had_a_heart

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 10:20 AM

What perfect timing... the day after I see a great piece of fringe / off west end theatre (call it what you will) and whatsonstage launches a new site for me to post in!

Anyway... a great comedy, with a cast that includes Anna Francolini who was on fine form... this is well worth a treck to Dalston! I went because the cast sounded good, and Im a fan of Sakis short stories. The writer had done a great job adapting them, and they'd been skillfully directed for the space.

#2 Radar

Radar

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 11:15 AM

Just to say that 'Wolves At The Window' is only on until Saturday - and it's been incredibly well received.  It's coming to the end of a tremendous run, and the company and creative team are very proud of it.

The cast includes Anna Francolini (Olivier Award Nominee - Caroline or Change, Into the Woods), Sarah Moyle (Extras, Daddy Cool, Emmerdale) and Gus Brown (Lawrence and Gus, That Mitchell and Webb Look), and they are all tremendous in it.

---

Wolves at the Window
by Toby Davies after Saki
Only until 21 June!
8.15pm Arcola Theatre Studio 2

Highly imaginative... How could Wolves At The Window not be entertaining?
The performances are of a quality you don’t really have a right to expect.
The Metro ****

These tales and others have been elegantly woven… by Toby Davies
The Guardian

Anna Francolini is querulous, beady-eyed and batty in a succession of meticulously imagined and immaculately executed performances.
London Theatre Blog

Anna Francolini is a pleasure.
The Times

Gus Brown and Anna Francolini perfectly capture the drolly macabre tone of these unremittingly acerbic tales.
The Metro ****

Toby Davies’s elegantly written scripts capture the spirit of the stories beautifully... An impressive production... Pythonesque silliness!
Time Out

Has a disquieting edge as well as being acidly funny
The Times

The four performers shift between these monstrous personae with verve, stamina and confidence... The overall feeling is of parlour games being played with fierce concentration and finesse.
London Theatre Blog

---

There's just another four days left to see it, a couple have sold out, but some tickets are available, and it would be lovely to finish  with houses full of lovely audiences.

Thanks, and apologies for the plugging,

Toby Davies

#3 Orchestrator

Orchestrator

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1028 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 12:26 PM

QUOTE(Radar @ Jun 18 2008, 12:15 PM) View Post
Just to say that 'Wolves At The Window' is only on until Saturday - and it's been incredibly well received.  It's coming to the end of a tremendous run, and the company and creative team are very proud of it.

The cast includes Anna Francolini (Olivier Award Nominee - Caroline or Change, Into the Woods), Sarah Moyle (Extras, Daddy Cool, Emmerdale) and Gus Brown (Lawrence and Gus, That Mitchell and Webb Look), and they are all tremendous in it.

Thanks, and apologies for the plugging,

Toby Davies

Is there any possible future life for this? I only came across this threadette just now and would have loved to see it.
Ooh, that Bernadette Shaw - what a chatterbox!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users