1 reply to this topic

#1 Schuttep

Schuttep

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 11:06 AM

Went last night to this totally enchanting show about the friendship and working relationship between these two British marvels.

Told by reference to Coward's plays, songs, writings, even telegrams to Gertie, it is informative, funny and full of witty songs.

Ben Stock and Helena Blackman give super performances evoking Coward and Lawrence.

This is my first time at this friendly purpose-built fringe venue; pity there weren't more people there.
If I listed every show I'd seen since 1974 I'd get RSI.

Favourite Musicals: Blood Brothers; Brigadoon; Chicago; Chess; Chorus Line; Company; Evita; Follies; Godspell; Les Miserables; Little Night Music; Little Shop of Horrors; Mack and Mabel; Man of La Mancha; Merrily We Roll Along; Miss Saigon; Phantom of the Opera; Rent; Rocky Horror Show; South Pacific.

Favourite Plays: Beautiful Thing; Bent; Blithe Spirit; Cat on a Hot Tin Roof; Cherry Orchard; Dance of Death; Death of a Salesman; Endgame; Happy Days; Hedda Gabler; Henry IV (Parts I and II); Importance of Being Earnest; Little Foxes; Mother Courage; Private Lives; Shirley Valentine; Torch Song Trilogy; What the Butler Saw; Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?; Wild Duck.

#2 vickster51

vickster51

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 11:25 PM

I saw the Saturda matinee of this with @kjb and loved it! Such a wonderful couple of hours transported to another era. Both actors were excellent and the combination of telling their story through song and various extracts from plays was lovely.

Sadly it was not very full, which is such a shame when you can get a ticket for 10. Please go and see it if you can!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users