#31 smithers

smithers

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Interests:Theatre, film, music, politics

Posted 09 March 2012 - 01:08 PM

Yes, I've not been reading great things about her so I think I'll take your advice!

#32 SHk

SHk

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 09:42 PM

I saw this show this afternoon. It wasn't very full. Though I enjoyed it, I didn't think it was as funny as all the paper reviews have led me to expect.

Mainly I didn't like the actors's performances.  I didn't think some of them's acting quite clicked.  The son's voice was particularly irritating (and his hair style).

However, I was very happy to find a renowned former Mdm Tenardier (Les Miz) playing Dudith's dresser-come-maid.

Also, I liked the idea of this play itself. I especially liked the ending where all the guests had to sneak out and the family members saying they were rude.

#33 exuberantlyblue

exuberantlyblue

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:03 PM

View PostSHk, on 14 March 2012 - 09:42 PM, said:

I saw this show this afternoon. It wasn't very full. Though I enjoyed it, I didn't think it was as funny as all the paper reviews have led me to expect.

Mainly I didn't like the actors's performances.  I didn't think some of them's acting quite clicked.  The son's voice was particularly irritating (and his hair style).

However, I was very happy to find a renowned former Mdm Tenardier (Les Miz) playing Dudith's dresser-come-maid.

Also, I liked the idea of this play itself. I especially liked the ending where all the guests had to sneak out and the family members saying they were rude.

LOL, the son was one of my favourites. (Mother & daughter were my top two.) But then he reminded me of someone I knew years ago, so maybe that was it. ;)

(Although as far as "particularly irritating" goes - I think that may have been the desired effect!)

#34 SHk

SHk

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 07:18 PM

But can't they be irritating in a more pleasing way? Like amusingly irritating rather than I-want-to-punch-you irritating?

#35 exuberantlyblue

exuberantlyblue

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 11:17 PM

View PostSHk, on 19 March 2012 - 07:18 PM, said:

But can't they be irritating in a more pleasing way? Like amusingly irritating rather than I-want-to-punch-you irritating?

Haha. I see your point. But the son (sorry, forget his name) was *supposed* to be I-want-to-punch-you irritating at points, I think. He was deliberately being a git to his family. xD

Like I said, I mostly found him amusing-irritating, though. Guess it depends on the person.

#36 JonnyBoy

JonnyBoy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 11:32 PM

Freddie Fox, brother of Emilia!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users