Ida Contestants Casting

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
102 replies to this topic

#101 Guest_poster girl_*

Guest_poster girl_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 August 2008 - 04:53 PM

QUOTE(poppingby @ Aug 12 2008, 01:21 AM) View Post
I don't get it.  She has great potential, but 3 years in drama school and she will be amazing.  3 Years is not a long time, especially as she is so young.  She is good at the moment, but could be so much better, especially compared to the talent that have trained and are already in the West End.  She needs a lot of work...

Some would say that learning on the job in rep theatre is an ideal way to build experience and talent.

It's what an awful lot of actors have done in the past.

I am sure that anyone who goes to see it will have a good time.

#102 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 August 2008 - 10:41 AM

Yes but one didn't start out as a lead in rep. You spent a good two years or more doing the "spear carrier" and other small parts until you got to attempt a lead of the calibre of Sally Bowles. Especially at the age of 18, would have been unheard of really in most instances. Possibly understudy but even then, most people who were at that level at age 18-21 in a musical had completed some sort of training or other.

#103 Guest_guest_*

Guest_guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 February 2009 - 09:44 PM

QUOTE(pixie @ Jun 19 2008, 05:46 PM) View Post
Browsing the WOS news/gossip areas, Niamh has been cast in a new musical 'Only the Brave' at Edinburgh Fringe, and rumours are that Jessie might go into Bill Kenwright's Cabaret tour.

Both these bits of news I'm a bit dissapointed - I really liked Niamh on the show, but she's only 17 or 18, I thought she'd go and get some professional training and reappear in a few years, like it seems Sam is going to do. Jessie I really, really didn't like on the show - yeah her voice was fine but her movements, facial expressions, 'emotion' (which always came across to me confused/bewildered rather than anything she was supposed to be portraying) I didn't get on with at all, I don't particularly want to pay money to see her perform. And I'd like to see the Cabaret tour. I thought that Kenwright would probably cast a reality contestant, but was really hoping for Rachel from IDA or Abi from HDYSAPLM (I'd noted she finished Betwixt before Cabaret started).

What are others' thoughts?

I have just come across some of these comments and I have to say it almost reduces me to tears, how cruel  your comments are about these girls.  I know I'd do anything has given so many people, so much entertainment, including myself.  When the show was advertised, they said they were looking for raw talent and you did not have to have experience.  How did these girls cope, they were all good, some were better than others.  I wonder how they must feel if they read the comments on them as individuals, I know it just makes me so sad.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users