#11 freckles

freckles

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 790 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 01:34 PM

QUOTE(Guest_Jessie_* @ Jun 19 2008, 08:16 PM) View Post
Jodie will join the cast if Les Mis for 3months...Cameron wants her to get some 'stage experience'...this is no joke..she will be in the chorus!!!!

Is this true? How do you know?

#12 Guest_Guest_liz_*_*

Guest_Guest_liz_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 June 2008 - 03:08 PM

Reported in Belfast Telegraph last night that Rachel Tucker to play lead in touring Cabaret.

#13 art87

art87

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 03:16 PM

QUOTE(giggleqween @ Jun 20 2008, 10:31 AM) View Post
why would we want a refund?
we would just go and see jessie on the days she performs,alot of people would travel to see jessie as nancy,id much rather see her as nancy than part of the cast for cabaret

You misunderstand me. I meant people would want their phone votes refunded. If you charge people to vote and then (in some capacity at least) overturn the result, the voters will get angry. This is all so stupid because Jodie will surely be able to do all of the performances anyway. If she doesn't, the whole thing is a travesty.

#14 pixie

pixie

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 07:22 PM

Yeah I don't see the point of one of the others being the alternate/understudy Nancy for Jodie. If you were going to do that, why have a winner, why not just share the part in the first place. I mean obviously it has happened with SOM and Joseph, but not right away surely!

Jodie in Les Mis?? She'd be great doing Lovely Ladies!

Someone posted a rumour elsewhere that it wasn't Jessie offered the Nancy alternate, but Rachel, and she turned it down. I don't understand!! If you've just gone through the most public audition process ever for a role, and are then offered it, why turn it down? Unless she really is showing integrity, in which case I applaud her for it.

I'd love to see Rachel in Cabaret.

#15 Guest_poster girl_*

Guest_poster girl_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 June 2008 - 07:45 PM

QUOTE(art87 @ Jun 20 2008, 03:16 PM) View Post
You misunderstand me. I meant people would want their phone votes refunded. If you charge people to vote and then (in some capacity at least) overturn the result, the voters will get angry. This is all so stupid because Jodie will surely be able to do all of the performances anyway. If she doesn't, the whole thing is a travesty.

I don't see why there would be a problem with Jessie as alternate Nancy.  According to the Oliver website, Jodie will have all the prime times, as she should as the winner, and she will be able to give her all during her six performances which will include an exhausting Saturday of two.  The alternative Nancy will only get Tues and Wed matinee, I believe - not exactly prime time.
It is probably very sensible to save Jodie, and ensure she can do a longer run.  After all, the true WE bluebloods only do a comparitively short run to open a musical, and presumably Jodie is looking for a year, or more.

I loved Jessie - and think it would be brilliant for her and all of us who would love to see how she blossomed under CM - she was the totally exciting talent on the show.  I am just sad, if the case, that I have tickets for Jodie, who imo is so totally hammy and forced and just too old for Nancy, I'm afraid.

I can see why people might be initially upset, but if you think that it would be the best of both worlds, and the winner gets to open the show and have every Friday and Saturday nights = prime time.  I think whoever the winner had been, it would be far better to have them doing 6 shows for a longer stretch, than 8, and burning out.

#16 Kathryn2

Kathryn2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1244 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 09:12 PM

QUOTE(poster girl @ Jun 20 2008, 08:45 PM) View Post
I don't see why there would be a problem with Jessie as alternate Nancy. According to the Oliver website, Jodie will have all the prime times, as she should as the winner, and she will be able to give her all during her six performances which will include an exhausting Saturday of two. The alternative Nancy will only get Tues and Wed matinee, I believe - not exactly prime time.
It is probably very sensible to save Jodie, and ensure she can do a longer run. After all, the true WE bluebloods only do a comparitively short run to open a musical, and presumably Jodie is looking for a year, or more.

I loved Jessie - and think it would be brilliant for her and all of us who would love to see how she blossomed under CM - she was the totally exciting talent on the show. I am just sad, if the case, that I have tickets for Jodie, who imo is so totally hammy and forced and just too old for Nancy, I'm afraid.

I can see why people might be initially upset, but if you think that it would be the best of both worlds, and the winner gets to open the show and have every Friday and Saturday nights = prime time. I think whoever the winner had been, it would be far better to have them doing 6 shows for a longer stretch, than 8, and burning out.

You are missing the point - it's not actually about what shows they perform, or who would be better in the role. It's about people paying money to vote and decide the result of a competition, only for it to turn out that both competitors are sharing the prize - i.e. their vote didn't decide anything after all, and they need not have bothered phoning.

#17 Guest_poster girl_*

Guest_poster girl_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 June 2008 - 10:10 PM

QUOTE(Kathryn2 @ Jun 20 2008, 09:12 PM) View Post
You are missing the point - it's not actually about what shows they perform, or who would be better in the role. It's about people paying money to vote and decide the result of a competition, only for it to turn out that both competitors are sharing the prize - i.e. their vote didn't decide anything after all, and they need not have bothered phoning.

I am not missing any point.  There is no sharing of a prize.  Initially, according to Oliver website, the winner was only definitely going to be doing less than six shows.  Jodie has had the bar raised to six and they are all the most important dates.  Jessie, an understudy, whoever, is only going to get two shows one of which is a matinee on Wednesday (well that's exciting) while the winner can give her voice a rest for Wednesday evening.

If an understudy was given the two shows, there would be no claims that any prize was being shared, because it's not.  

I think it would be great (though I am not sure I believe it) if the girl CM and ALW thinks is the star is given a two quieter performances to prove herself as well.

As you say, Jodie won and has the prize.  According to all her supporters, she was outstanding so doing the main shows she needn't worry about whoever has the understudy part.

To reiterate, 'why bother phoning' you say - she has Wed eve, Thurs, Fri, and two performances Sat, and then Monday in a top WE show - I would think she would thank you very much for all that telephoning.

#18 themancsethcohen

themancsethcohen

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Interests:Performance - Singing, Acting...maybe a bit of 'movement'<br />Also writing.

Posted 20 June 2008 - 10:16 PM

QUOTE(poster girl @ Jun 20 2008, 11:10 PM) View Post
I am not missing any point. There is no sharing of a prize. Initially, according to Oliver website, the winner was only definitely going to be doing less than six shows. Jodie has had the bar raised to six and they are all the most important dates. Jessie, an understudy, whoever, is only going to get two shows one of which is a matinee on Wednesday (well that's exciting) while the winner can give her voice a rest for Wednesday evening.

If an understudy was given the two shows, there would be no claims that any prize was being shared, because it's not.

I think it would be great (though I am not sure I believe it) if the girl CM and ALW thinks is the star is given a two quieter performances to prove herself as well.

As you say, Jodie won and has the prize. According to all her supporters, she was outstanding so doing the main shows she needn't worry about whoever has the understudy part.

To reiterate, 'why bother phoning' you say - she has Wed eve, Thurs, Fri, and two performances Sat, and then Monday in a top WE show - I would think she would thank you very much for all that telephoning.

But it still belies what the whole idea of the tv casting was, to find the people's choice of Nancy out of all of the options, and have that girl play the role.

People who voted for Jodie, voted because she was who they wanted in the role. Therefore, the majority of people want Jodie there, and Jessie shouldn't be given a special privelege just because she came second ~ fact is she didn't win.

I get that you support Jessie and think that the remaining two shows would be a nice kind of 'runner up' prize, but that would just make more of the public outraged that CM & ALW ignored what the public asked for.
"I Can Do Better Than That"

#19 Guest_Guest_dan_*_*

Guest_Guest_dan_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 June 2008 - 05:24 AM

QUOTE(themancsethcohen @ Jun 20 2008, 10:16 PM) View Post
But it still belies what the whole idea of the tv casting was, to find the people's choice of Nancy out of all of the options, and have that girl play the role.

People who voted for Jodie, voted because she was who they wanted in the role. Therefore, the majority of people want Jodie there, and Jessie shouldn't be given a special privelege just because she came second ~ fact is she didn't win.

I get that you support Jessie and think that the remaining two shows would be a nice kind of 'runner up' prize, but that would just make more of the public outraged that CM & ALW ignored what the public asked for.

Exactly, no second prize was offered. With the amount of bad feeling Cam Mac generated over his spoilt little boy antics I'm sure there would be real trouble if he tried shoe-horning Jessie in now. But I'd definitely shell out for Rachel Tucker in 'Cabaret'.

#20 Kathryn2

Kathryn2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1244 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 08:24 AM

QUOTE(Guest_dan_* @ Jun 21 2008, 06:24 AM) View Post
Exactly, no second prize was offered. With the amount of bad feeling Cam Mac generated over his spoilt little boy antics I'm sure there would be real trouble if he tried shoe-horning Jessie in now. But I'd definitely shell out for Rachel Tucker in 'Cabaret'.

Exactly. If they'd said at the outset that the winner would perform x shows a week, or on certain nights, and the runner up would perform the rest, that would be different.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users