102 replies to this topic

#31 harry

harry

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 09:14 AM

QUOTE(pixie @ Jun 19 2008, 06:46 PM) View Post
Browsing the WOS news/gossip areas, Niamh has been cast in a new musical 'Only the Brave' at Edinburgh Fringe, and rumours are that Jessie might [post="harry"]delighted for jessie[/post]go into Bill Kenwright's Cabaret tour.

Both these bits of news I'm a bit dissapointed - I really liked Niamh on the show, but she's only 17 or 18, I thought she'd go and get some professional training and reappear in a few years, like it seems Sam is going to do. Jessie I really, really didn't like on the show - yeah her voice was fine but her movements, facial expressions, 'emotion' (which always came across to me confused/bewildered rather than anything she was supposed to be portraying) I didn't get on with at all, I don't particularly want to pay money to see her perform. And I'd like to see the Cabaret tour. I thought that Kenwright would probably cast a reality contestant, but was really hoping for Rachel from IDA or Abi from HDYSAPLM (I'd noted she finished Betwixt before Cabaret started).

What are others' thoughts?
delighted  for jessie i know she get loads of offers

#32 Guest_poster girl_*

Guest_poster girl_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 June 2008 - 09:16 AM

QUOTE(guest @ Jun 23 2008, 07:59 AM) View Post
It seems to me that you just want the rules to change enough to get the person you liked into the role. You can't seem to get your head around the fact that Jodie won a public vote. A second placed politician wouldn't get a crack at being Prime Minister two days a week would they? Fact is they should have set out the full rules and regs before backtracking, and making themselves look really stupid and unprofessional into the bargain. The injured party here will be Jodie, as your personal and unpleasant remarks attest to.

Actually, whoever had won, I have severe doubts about the public vote.  SCD have a proportion of votes from the panel, and the top model shows have no public votes.  I don't think interest would have been affected that much, because what was interesting was watching the performances and hearing how the panel came to their critiques/decisions.

I am sorry you find my remarks unpleasant - the critics may well be just as scathing.  Jodie is a reality wannabe and she has been very successful at it twice.  I am not surprised either that she won, or that her game plan may be open to question - that much was very obvious, I am just surprised she dispensed with the unwanted quite so quickly.

#33 Haz

Haz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1264 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 09:22 AM

QUOTE(art87 @ Jun 21 2008, 11:55 AM) View Post
There's no denying that the original implication was that the winner did every performance (hence all that talk of 8 shows a week)

exactly... it would be interesting to go back and see how many times ALW commented on not being sure about whether 'contestant x' would be up to 8 shows a week.

perhaps there should be a new vote that also includes all of them?

whether or not it is clear to you,
no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should

http://curtain-up.blogspot.com/

#34 harry

harry

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 09:30 AM

delighted for jessie knew she would get loads of offers she seems to  be getting lots of negitive comments from you guys i dont understand if you dont like somebody why keep talking about them its a bit scary even after show your making comments about her next work give the girl a break noticed sam got same treatment is it because there young and beautiful is there a jealousy thing have have you guys got problem in the looks department or something alot of people in britain love this irish girl she got to final without home vote and will go see her so move on people big brother on at the moment im sure that will keep you ammused

#35 Guest_poster girl_*

Guest_poster girl_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 June 2008 - 09:50 AM

QUOTE(harry @ Jun 23 2008, 09:30 AM) View Post
delighted for jessie knew she would get loads of offers she seems to  be getting lots of negitive comments from you guys i dont understand if you dont like somebody why keep talking about them its a bit scary even after show your making comments about her next work give the girl a break noticed sam got same treatment is it because there young and beautiful is there a jealousy thing have have you guys got problem in the looks department or something alot of people in britain love this irish girl she got to final without home vote and will go see her so move on people big brother on at the moment im sure that will keep you ammused

I think you have a point Harry.  The vitriol about two lovely talented girls - Jessie and Sam - has been had to credit., and to a lesser extent Niamh.  We won't even touch upon the comments on Rachel's perceived personality on all the boards. I think Jodie played 'girl next door' to perfection and convinced people she deserved the break.  She was seen as the genuine one, who had been around the block a few times.(presumably in her Mercedes).

I think people identified with her and she was cast as the saint and CM and ALW as the sinners.  It is completely bizarre, but perhaps less so than believing she is ideally cast as Nancy, or was the best woman in the competition.

The implication is that if you are disciplined enough to aim for MT and keep yourself in trim at a young age you are both suffering from an eating disorder and have usurping tendencies.  You are definitely unworthy and incapable of improvement.

#36 Haz

Haz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1264 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 09:51 AM

QUOTE(harry @ Jun 23 2008, 10:30 AM) View Post

good grief - take a breath. i'm tired just reading that.

whether or not it is clear to you,
no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should

http://curtain-up.blogspot.com/

#37 art87

art87

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 09:55 AM

QUOTE(poster girl @ Jun 23 2008, 08:02 AM) View Post
I do agree with your point, and also that I am prejudiced probably because I just don't get Jodie, or why people voted for her. She truly was not the best of the bunch - and although that of course is my opinion, I am very far from being alone in it.

Whatever your opinion, you are clearly in the minority - Jodie won...

#38 jimee1987

jimee1987

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 12:45 PM

QUOTE(harry @ Jun 23 2008, 10:30 AM) View Post
delighted for jessie knew she would get loads of offers she seems to  be getting lots of negitive comments from you guys i dont understand if you dont like somebody why keep talking about them its a bit scary even after show

I presume you haven't read the comments made by people who don't like Jodie that were made durng the show and since it ended.
"Condoms don't even go with lasagne"

#39 Guest_guest_*

Guest_guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 June 2008 - 11:17 PM

i dont see why anybody would want their vote money refunded? if both jodie and jessie share the role,then all fans of both women are happy.
it wouldnt matter,they both beat sam and the rest of them which is what counted and as jessie came in 2nd place i dont think it would be a shock to people if she played nancy a couple of shows a week because she is the runer up

#40 Matthew Winn

Matthew Winn

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2898 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 05:17 AM

QUOTE(guest @ Jun 25 2008, 12:17 AM) View Post
i dont see why anybody would want their vote money refunded? if both jodie and jessie share the role,then all fans of both women are happy.

If "sharing the role" meant they were both on stage at the same time then you'd have a point, but if someone had booked to see Jodie after voting for her and under the impression that she'd be doing a full week's work, only to find that the schedule had changed and Jessie was there instead, then they'd have every right to be disgruntled. I'm sure there are some people who don't care who they see so long as that person has been on the telly, but many of the audience will want to see "their" Nancy, not somebody else's Nancy.

It's not like the situation when someone's off sick and a replacement must be used. If people book to see Jodie and the producers don't even try to provide her then the audience is fully entitled to get a refund or an exchange.
I have always hated eggs. I remember back when I was a sperm I tried to head-butt one. It did not end well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users