Ida Contestants Casting

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
102 replies to this topic

#61 Guest_poster girl_*

Guest_poster girl_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 June 2008 - 10:44 PM

QUOTE(Haz @ Jun 26 2008, 03:27 PM) View Post
IMO, the contract between the beeb and cam mack is completely irrelevant. it is the 'contract' between the bbc and the voters that i believe is coming into question here, as a result of the (alleged) actions of ALW, CM et al.

There is no formal contract between the beeb and the public, only a moral one, and they seem to have delivered that which is the majority of voters choice would star as Nancy.  Only that the voters decided who should be Nancy.  The beeb and Cm will have a contract and there is probably a clause in there that states that the producer reserves the right to limit the winning Nancy's performances to a minimum of 4, max of 8.

The BBC should probably have made that clear, but the public who voted for the winning Nancy have essentially got what they wanted which was that that girl would play Nancy for the majority of performances.

You can complain to the BBC about their lack of clarity about small clauses in contracts between them and producers, but surely everyone must have been aware this could be so after Connie was originally cast to do 6, whether it then changed or not, a precedent had been set, so it can't be a huge surprise.  But small clauses in everything are a complete nightmare and rarely divulged by a 'seller'.  

CM and ALW came down heavily on Jessie's side, it is true.  I think ALW is beyond reproach because he really praised both girls, and gave a caution to both girls.  It is true he did, when asked, plump for Jessie, but this was surely offset by DVO and JB coming down heavily on Jodie's side.  In fact, I think JB was so negative, that it became unpleasant to watch, and I don't think anyone else behaved quite so negatively on the show.  It is unfortunate for Jodie that the producer didn't favour her, but I think it probably helped her pick up a few sympathy votes, without which the result may have been closer - who knows?

Write to the BBC and complain that they should have made clear that it might be 6 performances or 8.  

Do you really think, though, that that would have prevented Jodie's fans from voting to give her a once in a lifetime chance in the West End?

#62 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 June 2008 - 08:21 AM

let  it   go  already.

#63 Guest_eloise_*

Guest_eloise_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 June 2008 - 01:59 PM

QUOTE(Oxford Simon @ Jun 19 2008, 06:57 PM) View Post
Jessie really isn't ready technically to take on Sally Bowles

Her talent needs time to mature - being able to sing a couple of the songs doesn't mean she is ready.  However given the way Mr Kenwright tends to run his business, he will not look beyond ticket sales potential.

Hopefully CM will step in with some decent career advice and stop this from happening.  A tour in such a role would do Jessie's long term prospects more harm than good.

She is far too young and inexperienced to play Sally Bowles which is much tougher role than that of Nancy and requires a good actress.   I am not even sure she would  put bums on Mr Kenwright's seats. I appreciate Cabaret has humour but it is at heart a tough, cynical and very sad piece and far from the sort of escapist stuff many of her fans will want to see.  Please Mr Kenwright give the potential golden goose a little time to learn  -  it will pay off in the long run.

#64 Guest_Guest_lauren_*_*

Guest_Guest_lauren_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 June 2008 - 10:51 PM

QUOTE(Guest @ Jun 19 2008, 06:09 PM) View Post
If Jessie ends up s alternative Nancy it makes a mockery of the whole competition and should be avoided at all costs!

How does it make a mockery of the whole competition??  angry.gif  the wrong nancy won. Jessie is 10 times more talented than jodie could ever dream to be. Jessie was made for the role of nancy and i hope that she gets a chance to show eveyone that she can do it. She would blow jodie off the stage!!

#65 pixie

pixie

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 07:55 AM

Has anyone heard anything else about other IDA contestants?? (as fascinating as all this jodie fans vs jessie fans stuff is!!)

I read on another site that Rachel is performing as Meg in Phantom 2 at ALW's private festival. I haven't found anything more about  her doing the Cabaret tour though.

#66 Guest_guest_*

Guest_guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 June 2008 - 12:43 PM

QUOTE(Guest_lauren_* @ Jun 27 2008, 10:51 PM) View Post
How does it make a mockery of the whole competition??  angry.gif  the wrong nancy won. Jessie is 10 times more talented than jodie could ever dream to be. Jessie was made for the role of nancy and i hope that she gets a chance to show eveyone that she can do it. She would blow jodie off the stage!!

The Nancy that the most people liked won. Deal with it, move on. Please.

#67 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 June 2008 - 02:18 PM

its on jessie fan site on bebo she signed some contract its being kept quiet though im jessie fan by the way hope she gets something good

#68 Guest_guest_*

Guest_guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 June 2008 - 03:07 PM

well, obviously the right nancy didnt win, otherwise there wouldnt be uproar on nearly every public forum that jessie should have won.
lets just hope that she gets the other two shows because i know she will sell out

#69 Kathryn2

Kathryn2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1255 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 04:45 PM

QUOTE(poster girl @ Jun 26 2008, 03:55 PM) View Post
I am disappointed to see Jodie who I don't think has anything to recommend her for this particular role, other than her voice.

I actually disagree - I suspect that what won it for Jodie was her warmth, particularly when performing with the Olivers. She just fits what the general public's image of Nancy is. She was convincing in the final - the whole panel were talking about how the others still needed training, whereas she stood there and said 'I am ready for this role', and no-one disagreed with her. JB was right - the public were picking a Nancy on that night, not in six month's time.

Even if Jessie got alternative, WHICH SHE WON'T AT FIRST, no prize is taken away.
I didn't say that a prize was being taken away from Jodie -  but the ability to decide the prize winner had been offered to the voting public. They're the ones who decided who should win. And they decided it shouldn't be Jessie, so the producers should honour that. If she's not going to be offered the role, then that's fine - but why are we still talking about it?

I do agree that people voted for Jodie and that a lot won't go and see her - that is exactly why I hate this kind of voting, because that makes a NONSENSE of the whole voting process, and it was very obvious that Jodie, because of a reality following already, was more likely than some of the others to attract this kind of viewer.

I wasn't aware that Jodie has any kind of 'reality following'. I don't watch reality shows, if I can avoid them.
You know the whole point of the show is to get as many people to vote as possible, right? You know that vastly more votes will have been cast than people will actually go and see the show. You know the idea is to encourage people who don't usually go to the theatre to go - and that some will, but most won't. That is the nature of these shows. If you don't like it, don't watch or vote.

The phone votes can't be refunded, and if someone is stupid enough to vote hundreds of times for something they are never going to see, if Jodie only does a short contract, they will have to console themselves with the fact they have contributed to a young performers fund.
Of course phone votes can be refunded - just look at Big Brother, didn't it happen to them? There are a whole bunch of rules about voting in TV competitions that have to be followed, which most TV companies have fallen foul of, which is why they have to be particularly careful of this now and in the future. And the BBC has been known not to pass money from phone votes on to the intended charity in the past. If these shows are to continue, they have got to absolutely stick to the rules from now on.

Jodie might have a television offer after 6 months and want to leave herself - are the voters going to chase her for breach of what they see as a contract between them and the production.

No rules of any contract can be broken, so until you know the exact terms, I wouldn't speculate on what can and can not be done

I don't think you realy understand what I and others are talking about. Perhaps you haven't seen all the news stories over the past six months about investigations into TV phone votes? There are rules, set by OFCOM. There are instances where people are entitled to complain to the regulator and ask for a refund. The initial suggestion, that Jessie share the role with Jodie, would be one of them.

We're boring everyone to death here, so I'm not going to post on this again.

#70 Guest_guest_*

Guest_guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 June 2008 - 04:50 PM

QUOTE(guest @ Jun 28 2008, 03:07 PM) View Post
well, obviously the right nancy didnt win, otherwise there wouldnt be uproar on nearly every public forum that jessie should have won.
lets just hope that she gets the other two shows because i know she will sell out

Whether she is the 'right' Nancy is neither here nor there. The one that most people voted for is the winner. If more people had picked up the phone and voted for Jessie or Sam or Rachel they would have won. Is it really that complicated or are people not able to comprehend that others might have a different opinion?

Uproar on a public forum normally amounts to three sad 6th formers posting under multiple names until they say they're not coming back because they have been treated so badly. Lets just move on, please. All of the girls will get work and if Jessie, Sam or Rachel really are the stars people hope then they'll shine through in the end won't they?

There wasn't this much discussion about that performing dog not winning Britains Got Talent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users