Ida Contestants Casting

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
102 replies to this topic

#71 Guest_Jodie fan_*

Guest_Jodie fan_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 July 2008 - 09:38 AM

There wasn't this much discussion about that performing dog not winning[/quote]

I hope you were refering to Jessie there! Talentless cow.

#72 jimee1987

jimee1987

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 11:38 AM

QUOTE(Jodie fan @ Jul 1 2008, 10:38 AM) View Post

That was completely unneccessary.

You may not like her voice, but that doesn't mean she is talentless.
"Condoms don't even go with lasagne"

#73 Guest_Donna_*

Guest_Donna_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 July 2008 - 12:51 PM

QUOTE(Jodie fan @ Jul 1 2008, 09:38 AM) View Post
There wasn't this much discussion about that performing dog not winning

Or a cow. How rude.

#74 Guest_jessie fan_*

Guest_jessie fan_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 July 2008 - 08:24 PM

QUOTE(Jodie fan @ Jul 1 2008, 09:38 AM) View Post
There wasn't this much discussion about that performing dog not winning

shows how much you know about talent then,it also shows how immature the majority of jodie fans are

#75 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 July 2008 - 08:31 PM

QUOTE(guest @ Jun 28 2008, 04:50 PM) View Post
Whether she is the 'right' Nancy is neither here nor there. The one that most people voted for is the winner. If more people had picked up the phone and voted for Jessie or Sam or Rachel they would have won. Is it really that complicated or are people not able to comprehend that others might have a different opinion?

Uproar on a public forum normally amounts to three sad 6th formers posting under multiple names until they say they're not coming back because they have been treated so badly. Lets just move on, please. All of the girls will get work and if Jessie, Sam or Rachel really are the stars people hope then they'll shine through in the end won't they?

There wasn't this much discussion about that performing dog not winning Britains Got Talent.

i think you will find the uproar is both by adults and teenagers!ive seen for myself the amount of posts and threads about jodie winning and people arent happy.the amount of tickets people are selling on sites like e-bay is amazing,people were expectig the winner to be jessie.

there wasnt much discussion about the dog because people hadnt watched him every week perform and well,its an animal.essie had so much talent and was a likeable character which alot of people vioted for

plus,im glad jodie won,if jessie had been knocked out earlier in the contest i would have backed jodie but the fact is many people,including racheal and sam fans wanted jessie to win and so its hard to understand how jodie won

#76 Guest_poster girl_*

Guest_poster girl_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 July 2008 - 10:14 PM

QUOTE(guest @ Jun 28 2008, 04:50 PM) View Post
Whether she is the 'right' Nancy is neither here nor there. The one that most people voted for is the winner. If more people had picked up the phone and voted for Jessie or Sam or Rachel they would have won. Is it really that complicated or are people not able to comprehend that others might have a different opinion?

Uproar on a public forum normally amounts to three sad 6th formers posting under multiple names until they say they're not coming back because they have been treated so badly. Lets just move on, please. All of the girls will get work and if Jessie, Sam or Rachel really are the stars people hope then they'll shine through in the end won't they?

There wasn't this much discussion about that performing dog not winning Britains Got Talent.

I think it is probably true to say that both Jessie and Jodie attracted admirers and dissenters in equal numbers, which probably means they were in the end more memorable in their own ways than some of the other contestants.  It is probably also true, that if one appealed to you, the other left you cold, because they were polar opposites.

I must say I find your comment 'three sad 6th formers...' both amazingly condescending, presumptuous and rather silly.  How you can possibly make such a claim beggars belief.  

Also, while I agree that hopefully all the girls will find work, and that for all of us, there must be something better to do with our lives than posting on this.....that is hardly the point.  Forums exist for people to post opinions which interest them...end of.

#77 Guest_poster girl_*

Guest_poster girl_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 July 2008 - 11:21 PM

QUOTE(Kathryn2 @ Jun 28 2008, 04:45 PM) View Post
I actually disagree - I suspect that what won it for Jodie was her warmth, particularly when performing with the Olivers. She just fits what the general public's image of Nancy is. She was convincing in the final - the whole panel were talking about how the others still needed training, whereas she stood there and said 'I am ready for this role', and no-one disagreed with her. JB was right - the public were picking a Nancy on that night, not in six month's time.

I didn't say that a prize was being taken away from Jodie -  but the ability to decide the prize winner had been offered to the voting public. They're the ones who decided who should win. And they decided it shouldn't be Jessie, so the producers should honour that. If she's not going to be offered the role, then that's fine - but why are we still talking about it?
I wasn't aware that Jodie has any kind of 'reality following'. I don't watch reality shows, if I can avoid them.
You know the whole point of the show is to get as many people to vote as possible, right? You know that vastly more votes will have been cast than people will actually go and see the show. You know the idea is to encourage people who don't usually go to the theatre to go - and that some will, but most won't. That is the nature of these shows. If you don't like it, don't watch or vote.
Of course phone votes can be refunded - just look at Big Brother, didn't it happen to them? There are a whole bunch of rules about voting in TV competitions that have to be followed, which most TV companies have fallen foul of, which is why they have to be particularly careful of this now and in the future. And the BBC has been known not to pass money from phone votes on to the intended charity in the past. If these shows are to continue, they have got to absolutely stick to the rules from now on.
I don't think you realy understand what I and others are talking about. Perhaps you haven't seen all the news stories over the past six months about investigations into TV phone votes? There are rules, set by OFCOM. There are instances where people are entitled to complain to the regulator and ask for a refund. The initial suggestion, that Jessie share the role with Jodie, would be one of them.

We're boring everyone to death here, so I'm not going to post on this again.

I do understand perfectly well what you and the others are saying Kathryn - you keep worrying I haven't got the point.

What I don't think you have understood is that no rules appear to have been broken.  If you think the bbc were misleading because more than one of the judges referred to a contestant doing 8 shows, then why not complain to them now.  Does it really matter who does the other two - yes to you and some other Jodie fans, but does it to the country at large - I don't know, and nor do you.

You and I have represented different points of view.  The difference between us is that you seem to think the whole viewing population is lined up behind you, and I am on my own.  Maybe that's so, I haven't a clue.

#78 Matthew Winn

Matthew Winn

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2898 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 05:11 AM

QUOTE(poster girl @ Jul 1 2008, 11:14 PM) View Post
I must say I find your comment 'three sad 6th formers...' both amazingly condescending, presumptuous and rather silly.  How you can possibly make such a claim beggars belief.

"Three sad 6th formers" is obviously hyperbole, but it is true that all the "uproar" about Jessie not winning is being created by a small number of people making a lot of noise. This is a regular occurrence: we had the same with Rhydian Roberts, where the many fans posting in support of him all over the Internet were actually a small group of people going from forum to forum and posting under seven or eight identities each. There were loads of discussions about the man because they were all started by the same people. Sometimes they posted exactly the same comments in each place and got their identities muddled up, which sort of gave the game away. In some forums they actually discussed where they should invade next.

We're seeing the same thing with Jessie. It's unfortunate that a very small percentage of fans can't accept that their opinion doesn't reflect some objective truth. They need their fandom to be right. It's not enough to like Jessie: they have to spin a world around themselves in which Jessie is universally accepted as better than Jodie. They believe in an "anti-Jessie brigade" that has created semi-organised opposition to her, where the truth is that the majority of people, as individuals, simply didn't like her all that much. And now they imagine "uproar" over Jodie's victory, in which the public is expressing righteous fury over the fact that the show had the audacity to give the prize to the person who received the most votes instead of to the person they wanted to win.

Most people have simply accepted the result and moved on with their lives. No matter whether you liked Jodie or Jessie or Samantha or even someone who dropped out part way through, there's nothing to be done about it now and no point moaning because life didn't turn out the way you wanted. All but a handful of people are fine with that. There is no uproar.
I have always hated eggs. I remember back when I was a sperm I tried to head-butt one. It did not end well.

#79 dan

dan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 08:54 AM

QUOTE(Matthew Winn @ Jul 2 2008, 06:11 AM) View Post
"Three sad 6th formers" is obviously hyperbole, but it is true that all the "uproar" about Jessie not winning is being created by a small number of people making a lot of noise. This is a regular occurrence: we had the same with Rhydian Roberts, where the many fans posting in support of him all over the Internet were actually a small group of people going from forum to forum and posting under seven or eight identities each. There were loads of discussions about the man because they were all started by the same people. Sometimes they posted exactly the same comments in each place and got their identities muddled up, which sort of gave the game away. In some forums they actually discussed where they should invade next.

We're seeing the same thing with Jessie. It's unfortunate that a very small percentage of fans can't accept that their opinion doesn't reflect some objective truth. They need their fandom to be right. It's not enough to like Jessie: they have to spin a world around themselves in which Jessie is universally accepted as better than Jodie. They believe in an "anti-Jessie brigade" that has created semi-organised opposition to her, where the truth is that the majority of people, as individuals, simply didn't like her all that much. And now they imagine "uproar" over Jodie's victory, in which the public is expressing righteous fury over the fact that the show had the audacity to give the prize to the person who received the most votes instead of to the person they wanted to win.

Most people have simply accepted the result and moved on with their lives. No matter whether you liked Jodie or Jessie or Samantha or even someone who dropped out part way through, there's nothing to be done about it now and no point moaning because life didn't turn out the way you wanted. All but a handful of people are fine with that. There is no uproar.

Thanks Matthew Winn for summarising how most readers feel about this subject. Any chance this thread could be closed now? Not as a way of censoring content, just to put a full stop on it.  rolleyes.gif

#80 Annasette

Annasette

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 11:10 AM

Hear, hear to Matthew Winn from me as well!

I only looked here because I couldn't believe that anyone was still bothering to post about IDA.

And I was also going to ask why the IDA section was even still open too. But then I saw that it exists for Oliver as well, so I suppose it will stay for that. But frankly, where the arguments around Jessie and Jodie are concerned, it might not be on the same scale as the awful Rhydian character insanity, but those involved should still realise that it is just sad.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users