102 replies to this topic

#81 Kathryn2

Kathryn2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1249 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 03:25 PM

I think there's still a few people around who would like to keep track of the IDA contestants.
I know I'd be interested to hear what Amy might pick up now All Bob's women is closing - I know that show was meant to be awful, but according to the reviews I saw she was the best thing in it.

#82 Guest_jessie fan_*

Guest_jessie fan_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 July 2008 - 03:49 PM

the only one i will be following is jessie. she is the only reason i watched the show she is beautiful i know some of you hate to hear that. suprised by all the jealousy and nasty comments made against her altough i know girls can be bitchy i think alot of it has to do with jessie looks.I wish jodie best of luck and sam and rachel i ts the first time i have watched a reality show I am not watching any more its like watching your favourite football losing final I was gutted .Waiting to hear want show she gets will go and see hear she has alot of fan sites she has alot of fans.

#83 sam22

sam22

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 05:02 PM

its funny what you say about jessie being beautiful.surely the point of the contest was talent and NOT looks and your fave contestant would of been the one you thought could portray Nancy the best and not just look pretty on stage. Or have I missed the point in the search for a new west end star

Amy is joining the company of the Sound of Music (where she used to work selling programmes and ice creams) I dont know when she starts though

I hope Sarah gets a part soon

#84 Guest_jessie fan_*

Guest_jessie fan_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 July 2008 - 05:49 PM

great hope they all get loads of work they deserve it. jessie must have had some talent to make it to final anyway i have to let it go football season will be starting soon altough ill have to join jessie fan club .how sad is that i will never watch one of these reality shows again you end up getting to involved . people should not be making negitive comments about the girls even if you dont like them i felt jessie got alot of that.  there seems to be more comments about her then any of the other girls and she didnt even win it just remember they are just young girls trying to make it in a hard business.  im not comming on here anymore goodbye

#85 sam22

sam22

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 07:25 PM

I didnt mention jessie being bad or any criticism of her. i liked her
i merely saif that surely you shud pick ur fave on talent and not looks
which was wot ur post before that had been about
i guess u wont be replying to this anyway seeing as you wont see it if your not coming on here anymore

#86 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 July 2008 - 09:23 PM

i like jessie because of her talent!
the moment i saw her audition,i thought myself,shes my nancy!
the way she gets into character in the group songs is just so nancy like!the way she swings her dresses around,has the stiff arms and that crooked smile! not to mention when it came to the actual oliver songs,she blew me away! her rendition of as long as he needs me was truely moving and i believed everyword of it! i would gladly have paid good money to see jessie as nancy! she may not have been as consistent as others but when it came to the songs that matter(musical songs) she was great!
her cockney voice was hilarious,very bad but it made me laugh,i loved her cockney accent!

#87 Guest_poster girl_*

Guest_poster girl_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 July 2008 - 09:34 PM

QUOTE(Matthew Winn @ Jul 2 2008, 05:11 AM) View Post
"Three sad 6th formers" is obviously hyperbole, but it is true that all the "uproar" about Jessie not winning is being created by a small number of people making a lot of noise. This is a regular occurrence: we had the same with Rhydian Roberts, where the many fans posting in support of him all over the Internet were actually a small group of people going from forum to forum and posting under seven or eight identities each. There were loads of discussions about the man because they were all started by the same people. Sometimes they posted exactly the same comments in each place and got their identities muddled up, which sort of gave the game away. In some forums they actually discussed where they should invade next.

We're seeing the same thing with Jessie. It's unfortunate that a very small percentage of fans can't accept that their opinion doesn't reflect some objective truth. They need their fandom to be right. It's not enough to like Jessie: they have to spin a world around themselves in which Jessie is universally accepted as better than Jodie. They believe in an "anti-Jessie brigade" that has created semi-organised opposition to her, where the truth is that the majority of people, as individuals, simply didn't like her all that much. And now they imagine "uproar" over Jodie's victory, in which the public is expressing righteous fury over the fact that the show had the audacity to give the prize to the person who received the most votes instead of to the person they wanted to win.

Most people have simply accepted the result and moved on with their lives. No matter whether you liked Jodie or Jessie or Samantha or even someone who dropped out part way through, there's nothing to be done about it now and no point moaning because life didn't turn out the way you wanted. All but a handful of people are fine with that. There is no uproar.

Well, I for one have certainly not been 'moaning' or not accepted the result, but have posted my opinion.  As you say time to move on.

However, the 'moaning' on this thread is largely by other people complaining about a hypothetical situation in case Jessie is seen to get anything from CM - time to move on there too, I think.  

#88 pixie

pixie

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 09:51 AM

QUOTE(Kathryn2 @ Jul 2 2008, 04:25 PM) View Post
I think there's still a few people around who would like to keep track of the IDA contestants.
I know I'd be interested to hear what Amy might pick up now All Bob's women is closing - I know that show was meant to be awful, but according to the reviews I saw she was the best thing in it.

I know thats why I started this thread to chat about what IDA contestants were getting cast in and people's thoughts on it. It's quite annoying that the whole thing appears to have got hijacked by an 'I love Jessie' brigade.

I did really feel for Amy when I heard about All Bob's Women, poor girl!  

#89 sam22

sam22

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 06:19 PM

yeh its a real shame, especially with all the press plugging her as the first nancy from the show to get west end leading role which ended up lasting a week,
she seems really talented as well
at least shes going into sound of music

#90 xxJuliexx

xxJuliexx

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 08:30 PM

I hope Sarah get's something soon! She deserves it.

Plus I really want to go see her! Her voice is just lovely! laugh.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users