68 replies to this topic

#1 musicalmadness

musicalmadness

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 737 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 07:34 PM

A new rumour has started on twitter (due to @rk_theatre - who are usually quite up to date with their theatre goss!) that Mamma Mia will move to The Novello Theatre in September 2012.

This obviously means that Jersey Boys might NOT move to The Novello, so will the Spice Girls Musical move to Prince of Wales? Or will JB move to Prince of Wales and Spice Girls Musical still goes to Price Edward? Or are we losing JB to Spice Girls and another new show?! So many questions....!

Thoughts?
Somebody crowd me with love, somebody force me to care.
Somebody make me come through, I'll always be there as frightened as you of being alive.

#2 greeny11

greeny11

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 09:27 PM

If true, then it would mean the Novello at last has a successful musical being housed there.

#3 jamescrispy94

jamescrispy94

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 09:42 PM

How long is crazy for you meant to stay for then?

#4 Mark_E

Mark_E

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2345 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 09:47 PM

Not past September 2012 that's for sure!

#5 mrtheatre123

mrtheatre123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 997 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 11:53 PM

Does the Novello Have an Orchestra Pit, Is the novello stage not a bit small to house the mama mia set aswell as a band on stage.

Also please let us not lose Jersey Boys!!!!!!!

#6 Jon

Jon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1407 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 04:19 AM

The Novello is kind of small for Mamma Mia, Jersey Boys would fit in there without too much problem as it was designed to fit a medium sized theatre. They are both of similar capicity.

Jersey Boys will have played 4 and a bit years at the Prince Edward if it closes in Summer 2012 which is very good think it's the third longest running show after Mamma Mia and Evita and it will definetly have a life touring.  Wonder what will go into The Prince Edward if Viva Forever is going into The Prince of Wales? Maybe Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Cameron Mackintosh's much delayed production of Barnum, Miss Saigon or maybe even a Broadway transfer like Anything Goes.

#7 Mark_21

Mark_21

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 05:10 AM

Broadwayworld confirms the move... Also states in a separate article that The Book of Mormon, Sweeney Todd and The Bodyguard are all currently looking for theatres! Interesting times!!
So far in the West End and Off-West End: Wicked, Sister Act, Priscilla, The Lion King, An Inspector Calls, La Cage Aux Folles, Legally Blonde, Waiting For Godot, Blood Brothers, Private Lives, Oliver!, Shirley Valentine, Sweet Charity, All my Sons, Hair, Mamma Mia, End of the Rainbow, Love Story, We Will Rock You, The Children's Hour, The Wizard of Oz, Ordinary Lives, Clybourne Park, Betty Blue Eyes, Thrill Me, Shrek The Musical, Kathy Griffin Live at the Palace, Luise Miller, Billy Elliot, Lend Me A Tenor, Much Ado About Nothing, Park Avenue Cat, Ghost The Musical, The Phantom of the Opera, Love Never Dies, Les Miserables, Jersey Boys, Betwixt, Rock of Ages, A Round-Heeled Woman, Crazy For You, Masterclass, Absent Friends, Sex with a Stranger, After The Turn, The Awkward Squad, All New People, Hay Fever, Soul Sister, Bird's of a Feather UK Tour, Steel Magnolias UK Tour, The Duchess of Malfi, The Sunshine Boys, Noises Off, What the Butler Saw, South Downs/The Browning Version, Sweeney Todd, Long Day's Journey into Night, War Horse, One Man, Two Guvnors, Abigail's Party, Matilda, London Road, Jumpy, Looserville The Musical, Scrooge The Musical, 9 to 5 UK Tour, My Fair Lady...

2013: 9 to 5 The Musical (UK Tour), The Rocky Horror Show (UK Tour), Kiss Me Kate, The Book of Mormon, The Bodyguard, Quartermaine's Terms (Understudy Run), The Judas Kiss, The Bodyguard, The Winslow Boy, Top Hat, The Bodyguard, Ghost The Musical (UK Tour), Singin' in the Rain, Merrily We Roll Along, The Bodyguard, A Chorus Line, Passion Play, The Audience, Passion Play, The Bodyguard, Sweet Bird of Youth, The Bodyguard, Once...

#8 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3398 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 06:11 AM

View PostMark_21, on 14 October 2011 - 05:10 AM, said:

Broadwayworld confirms the move... Also states in a separate article that The Book of Mormon, Sweeney Todd and The Bodyguard are all currently looking for theatres! Interesting times!!

Its all in Bazs column this week in the Mail, which is where Broadwayworld got the info from.  Not officially confirmed yet but Baz is rarely wrong

#9 Vicky

Vicky

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 555 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 07:50 AM

On the delfont site it now has:

After 6th September 2012: Monday-Saturday: 7.45pm Thursday and Saturday: 3pm

After 6th September 2012: Monday- Friday: 64, 39.50, 15 Saturday: 67.50, 52.50, 39.50, 20, 15 Premium tickets: 85 (Monday-Friday), 95 (Saturdays).

#10 Weez

Weez

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2632 posts
  • Interests:Theatre. :D

Posted 14 October 2011 - 08:55 AM

Crazy for You is currently (optimistically) booking until next July. Moving Mamma Mia! to the Novello will either kill it stone-dead, or break the curse on musicals performed there. :lol:
Notes from the Earlham Street Gutter
http://earlhamstreet...r.blogspot.com/

2 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users