66 replies to this topic

#21 Mark_E

Mark_E

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2345 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 04:41 PM

Would love to see Mormon in this venue, would be ideal for it!

#22 mjr

mjr

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3300 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 04:42 PM

View Postmrtheatre123, on 15 October 2011 - 04:40 PM, said:

Why was it not used for "Betty Blue Eyes" does anyone know?

I think it maybe because they wanted the band on stage for the ballroom scene. In someways having them as a centre piece for the scene, saved some money on set pieces.

#23 mrtheatre123

mrtheatre123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 989 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 05:03 PM

View Postmjr, on 15 October 2011 - 04:42 PM, said:

I think it maybe because they wanted the band on stage for the ballroom scene. In someways having them as a centre piece for the scene, saved some money on set pieces.

Ah right. It didnt look like the novello had a pit i assume the stage was extended over it.

#24 DanielWhit

DanielWhit

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2293 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 12:11 AM

The pit would take out rows A and B I think, from memory of the marks on the floor. Matches up with the booking page for Mamma Mia in any case (where row A and B are off sale).

#25 colinsview

colinsview

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 12:36 AM

Go and see CRAZY FOR YOU at the Novello - absolutely sensational. Should be there for a very long time.

#26 Jon

Jon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1386 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 03:30 AM

View PostDanielWhit, on 16 October 2011 - 12:11 AM, said:

The pit would take out rows A and B I think, from memory of the marks on the floor. Matches up with the booking page for Mamma Mia in any case (where row A and B are off sale).

I think The Novello has only used a pit for a few shows, I remember The Drowsy Chaperone and Footloose having one. For plays and musicals that didn't require, they dismantle it. It will be interesting how Mamma Mia adapts into the Novello.

#27 musicalmadness

musicalmadness

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 10:21 AM

View Postcolinsview, on 16 October 2011 - 12:36 AM, said:

Go and see CRAZY FOR YOU at the Novello - absolutely sensational. Should be there for a very long time.

I have heard only good things about it and if it's as good as it was at Open Air it'll be terrific. However, when you say "should be there for a very long time" are you predicting it'll run for a very long time at The Novello or did you mean that it's a shame Mamma Mia! is going in as it deserves to be there for a very long time? Either way....it's going to have to leave by mid-late October 2012...
Somebody crowd me with love, Somebody force me to care,
Somebody make me come through, I'll always be there, As frightened as you, of Being Alive.

#28 mjr

mjr

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3300 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 12:50 PM

View Postmrtheatre123, on 15 October 2011 - 05:03 PM, said:

Ah right. It didnt look like the novello had a pit i assume the stage was extended over it.

To use the pit at the novello, rows A and B have to be removed.

#29 Jay Parsons

Jay Parsons

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 07:47 PM

I Personally think its great to see a show moving and freeing up a space that hasn't been free for a while. Will breath fresh air into the Prince of Wales!

#30 Oovis

Oovis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 10:13 AM

View Postmrtheatre123, on 15 October 2011 - 04:40 PM, said:

Why was it not used for "Betty Blue Eyes" does anyone know?
Repeating my post on the Crazy For You thread but.. The pit lift for the urinal (and organ before it was cut in rehearsals) and the floats mechanism for "Nobody" were installed there so there wasn't room for the band. It also opened them up to view in the Primrose Ballroom.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users