46 replies to this topic

#21 Biddy

Biddy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 617 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 05:17 PM

I like Kim - anyone know when she actually starts on stage?

#22 renthead

renthead

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 07:08 PM

I think Kim will be good.  I heard Samantha Janus was up for the part too, I think she'd be good too

#23 Suzy

Suzy

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 09:06 PM

I believe she'll be starting April the 2nd! smile.gif

#24 renthead

renthead

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 10:17 PM

That good, at least I'll get to see her then when I go as I'm still not sure on Anna

#25 Blue

Blue

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 12:48 PM

I saw Anna last week for the third time and she was as mesmerising as ever. I love her flimsy, scatty portrayal of Sally. I love the way she acts the songs. And I love sitting on the front - there is not much meat on that girl is there. I think she needs to eat a few more prarie oysters.

#26 sanderling

sanderling

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 10:22 PM

QUOTE(Blue @ Mar 7 2007, 12:48 PM) View Post
I saw Anna last week for the third time and she was as mesmerising as ever. I love her flimsy, scatty portrayal of Sally. I love the way she acts the songs. And I love sitting on the front - there is not much meat on that girl is there. I think she needs to eat a few more prarie oysters.

Sorry... was disappointed in Anna. Thought she lacked sex-appeal (she's supposed to be playing a leading night-club entertainer!) and depth, especially in her singing and didn't have enough  presence to carry the part. What you saw as flimsy struck me as lightweight in the role. Didn't get much of an ovation, either... maybe an off-day?

#27 josh

josh

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 741 posts
  • Interests:theatre, movies, actors, acting, directing

Posted 07 March 2007 - 10:42 PM

QUOTE(sanderling @ Mar 7 2007, 10:22 PM) View Post
Sorry... was disappointed in Anna. Thought she lacked sex-appeal (she's supposed to be playing a leading night-club entertainer!) and depth, especially in her singing and didn't have enough  presence to carry the part. What you saw as flimsy struck me as lightweight in the role. Didn't get much of an ovation, either... maybe an off-day?

When did you see her? I think she's got much much better...I saw the show in October, and thought she was okay, but then I saw the show again mid-February and she was really fantastic. So much better. But as you say, she may have been having an off day.

And maybe I'm being pedantic, but Sally isn't meant to be a 'leading night-club entertainer'! There's a reason she's singing in such a sleazy shitty club!
He used to call me Blue Roses.

#28 sanderling

sanderling

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 12:59 AM

QUOTE(josh @ Mar 7 2007, 10:42 PM) View Post
When did you see her? I think she's got much much better...I saw the show in October, and thought she was okay, but then I saw the show again mid-February and she was really fantastic. So much better. But as you say, she may have been having an off day.

And maybe I'm being pedantic, but Sally isn't meant to be a 'leading night-club entertainer'! There's a reason she's singing in such a sleazy shitty club!

Saw her this week and stand by what I said. The band's supposed to be in a sleazy night club, too - it's a show, OK.. so's the chorus but any one of those girls has more oomph than AMM. I'd sooner have seen the understudy.

#29 Alisha Meehan

Alisha Meehan

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 11:42 AM

QUOTE(Suzy @ Mar 7 2007, 02:36 AM) View Post
I believe she'll be starting April the 2nd! smile.gif
I also thought it was April 2nd but i phoned up the theatre and they told me that its not, they told me to keep on phoning becauyse the date hasn't yet been confirmed. angry.gif

#30 Susan

Susan

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 10:59 PM

That's really quite random!  blink.gif  It is the 2nd April though! Kim is going to be amazing!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users