- - - - -

Wizard Of Oz?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
75 replies to this topic

#51 Guest_Graham_*

Guest_Graham_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 July 2008 - 03:41 PM

The cast clearly have stamina, as at least 3 are survivors of Gone with the Wind!!!

#52 Michael H

Michael H

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 10:05 PM

They showed a couple of clips of it on the BBC News at lunchtime today.  I could see exactly what people mean during "If I Only Had A Heart", where "Chop, chop" was projected on the Powerpoint presentation behind.
Me is directing again - Private Peaceful at the Charles Cryer Theatre, Carshalton, 23 to 26 April 2014.

#53 kiwitechgirl

kiwitechgirl

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 02:26 PM

I'm very interested as to how it ran nearly three hours - I DSM'd a production of the show (and it was the RSC version) three years ago and although we cut the Jitterbug, we still had a running time of two hours plus 20 minute interval - the first half was just over an hour and the second half just under.  We had another couple of small music cuts, but certainly no more than five minutes' worth, if that.

#54 Guest_Guest_luce_*_*

Guest_Guest_luce_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 July 2008 - 03:04 PM

it looks likely that the Southbank based pixie has also been posting on the WOS review section. In amongst the 1 star reviews is this 5 star posting:

Great cast, great production as good as the MGM film ! - from an audience point of view.

In one way this "fake posting" is a bit of a laugh, but actually it's quite underhand of the people concerned, and when it's done so obviously , it just risks back firing massively on them surely?

#55 Terry

Terry

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 04:16 PM

It lasts for 3 hours because, they really drag it out.
One reason.
To help their concept that she never goes to Oz they really pad out the beginning introducing us to all the farm hands etc, and showing us every character pre Oz she'll meet in Oz.

I think what really annoys me the most that the graphics on the followtheyellowbrickroad website are better than than the set, and quite misleading. Maybe if they designed a set instead of posting fake reviews on here, they could have come up with a better show.  

#56 Guest_yeahyeahyeah_*

Guest_yeahyeahyeah_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 August 2008 - 02:57 PM

QUOTE(Terry @ Jul 30 2008, 04:16 PM) View Post
It lasts for 3 hours because, they really drag it out.
One reason.
To help their concept that she never goes to Oz they really pad out the beginning introducing us to all the farm hands etc, and showing us every character pre Oz she'll meet in Oz.

I think what really annoys me the most that the graphics on the followtheyellowbrickroad website are better than than the set, and quite misleading. Maybe if they designed a set instead of posting fake reviews on here, they could have come up with a better show.

Yeah it drags a bit at the beginning and at the end.

Of course that 5 star review looks suspicious now. It got 4 stars in Metro though, and when I went some people did enjoy it, so who knows.

I think the website and the set come from 2 different people... It seems like their Design team is better than Michael Vale (the show's set designer), and should try their hand at stage design!

#57 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 August 2008 - 11:29 AM

http://www.guardian.co.uk/stage/2008/aug/03/theatre1

#58 Guest_Winifred_*

Guest_Winifred_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 August 2008 - 01:08 PM

That is brilliant!

I bet they thought they were being so clever. Bless. Doh!

#59 Guest_Guest_jon_*_*

Guest_Guest_jon_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 August 2008 - 08:22 AM

We went last night.  A half empty house!  And left at halftime; if we hadn't been in the middle of a row, we'd have left earlier!!  Very tedious and not help by bad amplification for all the dialogue.  I bet Adam Cooper now wishes he'd stayed in the WE transfer of Zorro!!!

#60 Guest_Flaming Nora_*

Guest_Flaming Nora_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 August 2008 - 12:33 PM

QUOTE(Guest_jon_* @ Aug 6 2008, 08:22 AM) View Post
We went last night.  A half empty house!  And left at halftime; if we hadn't been in the middle of a row, we'd have left earlier!!  Very tedious and not help by bad amplification for all the dialogue.  I bet Adam Cooper now wishes he'd stayed in the WE transfer of Zorro!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users