75 replies to this topic

#71 armadillo

armadillo

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 2740 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 03:46 AM

What is particularly hilarious about this thread is that even though the farce of allowing guest posters to 'big up' their own productions has made the national press, WOS still refuse to consider compulsory registration for posters. Do the management really still believe that guest posters are a useful source of theatre gossip? Does anyone here take any notice of fulsome praise by a guest poster?

#72 Guest_Jack_*

Guest_Jack_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 August 2008 - 08:54 AM

QUOTE(Guest @ Aug 12 2008, 09:11 PM) View Post
Just for the record: I saw the show, I thought it was great, and the packed-house audience I saw it with was enthralled. Not all of us are snobbish killjoys.

And guess what? I'm an enthusiastic and regular theatregoer with no connection to the South Bank other than that it's my favourite place to spend a Saturday.

What an arrogant post! So you think anyone who didn't enjoy this lousy production is a snobbish killjoy? I wanted to love this show and went along after months of aniticipating a great night, and felt really let down, and robbed.

I work in theatre. I know when something is simply crap. So you're right: not all of us are snobbish killjoys. But then not all of us are blind to recognising bad direction, lousy design, and amateur choreography.

#73 Greta

Greta

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 11:58 AM

QUOTE(Jack @ Aug 14 2008, 09:54 AM) View Post
What an arrogant post! So you think anyone who didn't enjoy this lousy production is a snobbish killjoy? I wanted to love this show and went along after months of aniticipating a great night, and felt really let down, and robbed.

I work in theatre. I know when something is simply crap. So you're right: not all of us are snobbish killjoys. But then not all of us are blind to recognising bad direction, lousy design, and amateur choreography.

Do you think the set designs look a bit cheap? They do on TV!

#74 Belle

Belle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts
  • Interests:Musical theatre, costumes, shiny things

Posted 14 August 2008 - 08:19 PM

QUOTE(Guest @ Aug 12 2008, 10:11 PM) View Post
Just for the record: I saw the show, I thought it was great, and the packed-house audience I saw it with was enthralled. Not all of us are snobbish killjoys.

And guess what? I'm an enthusiastic and regular theatregoer with no connection to the South Bank other than that it's my favourite place to spend a Saturday.

But you don't stand by your opinion enough to put a name to it...

edit: sorry, quote fail... one day I'll learn to preview...
###Belle###

#75 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 August 2008 - 04:57 PM

... with Jude Kelly responsible for the cultural and artistic programme for the 2012 Olympics, following the beautiful, imaginative and stunning Chinese opening ceremony, Britain will be the laughing stock of the world.  She talks the talk but doesnt have a creative bone in her body.

#76 Guest_Guest_Krissy_*_*

Guest_Guest_Krissy_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 August 2008 - 12:09 AM

QUOTE(originalitgirl @ Jul 2 2008, 10:30 PM) View Post
I'm coming to the West End in a month and I noticed there's a new production of Wizard of Oz at the Royal Festival Hall starting July 23.  Anybody know anything about this?  I noticed Adam Cooper is playing Tin Man... isn't he more of a dancer?  Is this more of a dance show or a true musical?  Bringing my 9 year old stepdaughter and I thought it might be fun for her...

l took my 5yr old grandson to see it and he loved it.He kept teing me wat was coming next as it was so true to the movie.It was never boring and the songs didnt go on for too long. There was good dancing but a lot of dialogue, so a perfect mixture.The Festival Hall seating is tiered and the seating good.l wish it was on for longer as we would like to go again.Itwas brilliant.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users