• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 Pup07

Pup07

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 12:12 PM

Did anyone see the Evening Standard yesterday? There was an article in the diary basically saying that Billie was going to do 'a Martine', but that we can rest assured - there is a good understudy!

I thought she only missed one show??

The papers have serious obsession with Ms Piper and wanting her to fail.marry/have a baby/go to hostpital. Why don't they leave her alone to get on with it? Poor thing - she must be so nervous! Who can blame her!

I saw her the other night and I thought she was quite good - her confidence will grow, as will her stagecraft, but I think she has definately got presence and talent!

#2 scarletohara24

scarletohara24

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 01:38 PM

I agree - I saw Treats the other night and i thought Billie was really good in it.  Although I'm not quite sure what she sees in Laurence - have you heard see's getting married to him?!  Feel quite sorry for her actually, the press are hounding her quite a bit and she seems like quite a normal, unaffected person- very down to earth.

I thought Kris Marshall was really good too, didn't think i'd be able to see him in anything other than the goofy son role he played in My Family but he gave a really good performance

#3 Moose

Moose

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 02:52 PM

I think its inevitable that she'll get a bashing from some quarters. It usually happens when "someone off the telly" does theatre. Elements of the media always want to see them fail.

#4 Moose

Moose

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 02:53 PM

Sorry, I should also add that I hope she does really well. That post sounded a bit negative!

#5 Milton the burger king

Milton the burger king

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:Smelling roses

Posted 02 March 2007 - 04:33 PM

I saw the play the other night and the bit I enjoyed most was seeing Billie half naked on stage,  blink.gif far more entertaining than Harry Potter. She needs to get a better bra! The people around me seemed to like the play.

I would love to know who Christopher Hampton based the characters on?

I hope Piper stays with it, treats could run and run for *ahem* months rolleyes.gif I

#6 curzon

curzon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts

Posted 03 March 2007 - 04:05 PM

I saw her do it in Bath. I thought all the cast was good but the play stank... rolleyes.gif  How many scene drops does one need in a 3 hander? It was the same in "Rock and Roll" - I thought I would scream if that wretched black drop came in one more time...and it did!

Sebastian

#7 Snout

Snout

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 08:24 PM

Just left the Garrick (Tuesday evening) after being told on the door that "Miss Piper will not be playing tonight". No reason offered. Anyone know why she is off tonight?
Lots of people there - full house, apparently - but many of them disappointed and angry about Piper not appearing.

#8 Blue

Blue

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 12:48 PM

QUOTE(Snout @ Mar 6 2007, 08:24 PM) View Post
Lots of people there - full house, apparently - but many of them disappointed and angry about Piper not appearing.

Seems to be a lot of it about lately.  tongue.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users