12 replies to this topic

#1 Steve

Steve

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 10:19 PM

Has anyone else had trouble with videos from Digital Theatre? I bought Into The Woods and All My Sons. I was away last weekend and had some time to watch them, only I can't play the files! I emailed their support, which started off being a little helpful. Apparently to get their player software to work, the date on your PC has to be set back to before the 1st November 2011. Once I'd done that I was then able to get the player software to start, but couldn't login and I still can't actually play the productions I bought. Why not just deliver the files in a format that can be played on any media player, rather than their bug ridden player that doesn't work.

Has anyone been able to watch any of their productions, or are they just a con and sending out files that never work?

#2 theatremole

theatremole

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 01:45 AM

I've got a few of their videos and never had a problem with them. Are you sure you didn't buy the rental copy?

#3 Steve

Steve

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 08:10 AM

I definitely bought the full hd versions as I thought you could watch them on an hd tv. It's only after I bought them that I found you can only watch them on the digital theatre player. And that player just keeps asking me to login and does nothing else! And their support people have stopped answering my emails now. It's a really terrible service that I won't waste money on again.

#4 comaweng

comaweng

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 09:00 AM

I can only agree with you Steve. I had numerous problems with Digital Theatre previously and can only strongly recommend from my own experience that they should be avoided like the plague.

#5 theatreliker

theatreliker

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 09:18 PM

Any rumours about new releases from digital theatre?
2014 theatre: Blithe Spirit (Gielgud)  Booked: Dirty Rotten Scoundrels (Savoy)  Waterbabies (Curve)  View from the Bridge (Young Vic)  Birdland (Royal Court).

#6 Lynette

Lynette

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 5150 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 10:49 PM

I just looked at the website and it looks amazing but of course would not now touch it with the proverbial barge pole.
Anyone else had problems?

#7 DanielWhit

DanielWhit

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2293 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 09:13 AM

Personally - I've never had a problem with them and have got a few of their releases. I'm sure the website did mention that the download files must be played within the DT Player when I bought the first one.

#8 Laughingmonsta

Laughingmonsta

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2424 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 12:54 PM

I have never had a problem - you can watch them on a HDTV but you need to play it through Laptop connected to TV through HDMI cable!
This is my street, I smile at the faces I've known all my life, They regard me with pride.

#9 theatreliker

theatreliker

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 04:50 PM

They've just released 'A Doll's House' from the Young Vic. Anyone know what else they're planning on releasing. I think there was talks of them filming 'Long Day's Journey into Night' and they said on their Twitter earlier in the year that they spent 3 nights (I think) seeing Filter's 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'. Did these come about, I wonder?
2014 theatre: Blithe Spirit (Gielgud)  Booked: Dirty Rotten Scoundrels (Savoy)  Waterbabies (Curve)  View from the Bridge (Young Vic)  Birdland (Royal Court).

#10 Laughingmonsta

Laughingmonsta

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2424 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 05:18 PM

It takes between 10-20 weeks from filming for a digital theatre production to be turned around as there are lots of licensing issues that need to be gone through in order for the production to be able to be downloaded. There are some exciting shows in the pipeline but I can't possibly divulge what they may be on here!
This is my street, I smile at the faces I've known all my life, They regard me with pride.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users