15 replies to this topic

#1 chrissie

chrissie

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:Theatre, musicals, eating, drinking etc etc

Posted 22 July 2008 - 08:46 AM

I got an e-mail yesterday to say the website www.auditionsapracticalguide.com has had a makeover and asking me to spread the word about it to friends and colleagues, so I thought I'd share it with all of you rolleyes.gif . It looks much better than before now and the tips on it are brilliant, so all in all it's really worth visiting. xC

#2 Guest_peppermint patty_*

Guest_peppermint patty_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 August 2008 - 01:11 PM

QUOTE(chrissie @ Jul 22 2008, 08:46 AM) View Post
I got an e-mail yesterday to say the website www.auditionsapracticalguide.com has had a makeover and asking me to spread the word about it to friends and colleagues, so I thought I'd share it with all of you rolleyes.gif . It looks much better than before now and the tips on it are brilliant, so all in all it's really worth visiting. xC

Thanks for posting this Chrissie! I really liked this site with its good honest and sensible advice and tips and it has some interesting links too. Does anyone know when in 2009 the book is scheduled to come out? It sounds really useful and I feel I could learn a lot from it, even though I have been auditioning (and sometimes working) for nearly 15 years! Lots of luck Pat

#3 Guest_peppermint patty_*

Guest_peppermint patty_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 August 2008 - 01:22 PM

I have emailed auditionsapracticalguide.com to ask when the book is going to be published and will post any news they give me here when they reply. Lots of luck Pat

#4 Jenny_tyr

Jenny_tyr

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1067 posts
  • Interests:Shakespeare

Posted 25 August 2008 - 05:32 PM

QUOTE(peppermint patty @ Aug 25 2008, 03:11 PM) View Post
Thanks for posting this Chrissie!

Since you and "chrissie" are posting from the same IP, some of us would suspect that you're the same person trying to bump your thread to the top...
http://groups.yahoo....re_and_Company/
http://blogs.whatson.../rsc-histories/

#5 David

David

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 06:09 PM

I'd suspected that- is there a procedure for deleting threads like this which are just stolen advertising space?

#6 Jenny_tyr

Jenny_tyr

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1067 posts
  • Interests:Shakespeare

Posted 25 August 2008 - 07:34 PM

Yes, but the IP connected with these posts isn't actually connected to the site itself, at least not as far as I can tell, so we're (currently) giving this the benefit of the doubt, as it might just be someone very enthused about that site, while still pointing out that there's reason to be suspicious about the source.
http://groups.yahoo....re_and_Company/
http://blogs.whatson.../rsc-histories/

#7 Guest_Pete Gregory_*

Guest_Pete Gregory_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 September 2008 - 03:26 PM

QUOTE(Jenny_tyr @ Aug 25 2008, 07:34 PM) View Post
Yes, but the IP connected with these posts isn't actually connected to the site itself, at least not as far as I can tell, so we're (currently) giving this the benefit of the doubt, as it might just be someone very enthused about that site, while still pointing out that there's reason to be suspicious about the source.

I really don't see what the problem is, Jenny and David. Isn't the purpose of this website to promote theatre and things associated with it? I for one am very glad to have found the Auditions site and have learned from it, which I probably wouldn't have done without seeing the postings on WOS. If things weren't meant to be advertised or publicised freely on WOS, or there was a standard charge for doing it, I could understand your views, but they seem a little harsh in the circumstances. Peace people! smile.gif Let's keep this site for promoting the arts and enabling it's visitors to learn from it.

#8 Viceroy

Viceroy

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 793 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 06:16 PM

QUOTE(Pete Gregory @ Sep 1 2008, 04:26 PM) View Post
I really don't see what the problem is, Jenny and David. Isn't the purpose of this website to promote theatre and things associated with it? I for one am very glad to have found the Auditions site and have learned from it, which I probably wouldn't have done without seeing the postings on WOS. If things weren't meant to be advertised or publicised freely on WOS, or there was a standard charge for doing it, I could understand your views, but they seem a little harsh in the circumstances. Peace people! smile.gif Let's keep this site for promoting the arts and enabling it's visitors to learn from it.

Rule 4 of the Terms of using this board state:-
(4) You are permitted to advertise jobs and tickets for exchange in the appropriate sections and you are very welcome to post diary dates in the calendar. Posting material considered to be advertising in any other section of the site will be removed or moved.

Multiple postings by the same people under different names is a dishonest practise which will be exposed wherever we find it.

One posting of advertising we tend to turn a blind eye to, three consecutive posts under two different names is not on, nor are multiple postings in different sections of the board.. There is a difference between promoting theatre and spamming.

#9 Guest_Big D_*

Guest_Big D_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 October 2008 - 01:42 PM

This is a well put together website with sensible advice though the forum is quite empty at the moment. I'm pleased to have found it.

PS. Did anybody go to The Actors Expo exhibition in London today? I couldn't get there but would be interested to know what I missed. Thanks

#10 Guest_Clare Fenton_*

Guest_Clare Fenton_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 October 2008 - 06:46 PM

QUOTE(chrissie @ Jul 22 2008, 08:46 AM) View Post

I see that a publisher has been announced for this book, Routledge, who I believe are established and renowned for theatre books. It will be published mext May, which seems a while away yet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users