• This topic is locked This topic is locked
15 replies to this topic

#11 Red Momma

Red Momma

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 562 posts
  • Interests:Musical Theatre, my garden and my large family.
    I also enjoy travelling

Posted 27 October 2008 - 09:09 PM

QUOTE(David @ Aug 25 2008, 06:09 PM) View Post
I'd suspected that- is there a procedure for deleting threads like this which are just stolen advertising space?

No. but if there was compulsory registration, there wouldn't be a problem.

#12 Guest_Marisa_*

Guest_Marisa_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 November 2008 - 07:15 PM

QUOTE(Big D @ Oct 11 2008, 01:42 PM) View Post
This is a well put together website with sensible advice though the forum is quite empty at the moment. I'm pleased to have found it.

PS. Did anybody go to The Actors Expo exhibition in London today? I couldn't get there but would be interested to know what I missed. Thanks

In response to Big D's question, I went to the Actor Expo. It was Ok I suppose, packed with people and the stalls were quite orientated into making money rather than helping actors like me (I heard they were quite expensive to hire, so that's probably why) The workshops I went on were shambollic. They started late, our tickets weren't recognised by the staff on the door, about 30 of us had to sit on the floor as there weren't enough chairs and we were told that the event company weren't paying the leaders and speakers in spite of charging 10 for each ticket. Both leaders were great though, giving us good advice. Days like this are a good idea, but only if they are well organised and not just a license to print money from poor actors who mainly can't afford it. I hope they are much improved if more happen in the future.

#13 Guest_Guest_Natalie_*_*

Guest_Guest_Natalie_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 December 2008 - 04:43 PM

QUOTE(Marisa @ Nov 17 2008, 07:15 PM) View Post
In response to Big D's question, I went to the Actor Expo. It was Ok I suppose, packed with people and the stalls were quite orientated into making money rather than helping actors like me (I heard they were quite expensive to hire, so that's probably why) The workshops I went on were shambollic. They started late, our tickets weren't recognised by the staff on the door, about 30 of us had to sit on the floor as there weren't enough chairs and we were told that the event company weren't paying the leaders and speakers in spite of charging 10 for each ticket. Both leaders were great though, giving us good advice. Days like this are a good idea, but only if they are well organised and not just a license to print money from poor actors who mainly can't afford it. I hope they are much improved if more happen in the future.

Yeah I went to this show as well and found it was great for networking and meeting people like CCP face to face.
I agree, the tickets and queueing to get into the class was a bit of a pain in the *** but when I got into the classes, it was well worth it. the speakers were really good i thought. I learned a lot, especially in the casting director and agent class. I also took the     actors warm up drills class and it was brilliant fun.

I think it was a good start for a first show and it will get much better, i'm just glad there is something like this happening now and me and my friends will defo be going next year.
On their mailout they said the show is going to be up north somewhere as well next year, like manchester and plus in London again.. so i say support it and see what happens smile.gif

Nats

#14 stantheman

stantheman

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 03:50 PM

QUOTE(Clare Fenton @ Oct 27 2008, 07:46 PM) View Post
I see that a publisher has been announced for this book, Routledge, who I believe are established and renowned for theatre books. It will be published mext May, which seems a while away yet.

This website looks really cool. Has anyone read the book itsself yet? I haven't seen any reviews for it around, but think it could be extremely useful. stanx

#15 Guest_theTVmanUK_*

Guest_theTVmanUK_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 October 2009 - 09:31 AM

You are not right. Write to me in PM, we will talk.

#16 Guest_Lydia_*

Guest_Lydia_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 October 2009 - 06:01 PM

QUOTE(stantheman @ Sep 29 2009, 03:50 PM) View Post
This website looks really cool. Has anyone read the book itsself yet? I haven't seen any reviews for it around, but think it could be extremely useful. stanx

Ive read the book as Ive been rejected without being recalledfrom many drama school auditions. I was really impressed by all the brilliant inside advice it gave me, most of which I would never thought of, and I found it really made me think about what I was doing wrong which was so helpful. Its fun and easy to read too and its website at http://www.auditionsapracticalguide.com has lots of cool tips and stuff. This is one book that everyone who has or is looking to start a career in performing should read. Its really made me think and feel stronger now for the dreams and career I want. Lydz

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users