66 replies to this topic

#41 Distant_Cousin

Distant_Cousin

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 04:16 PM

Starlight Express was the first musical I ever saw, back in 1992.

However, it's cultish, fanatical appeal absolutely escapes me!

#42 wickedgrin

wickedgrin

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1233 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 10:34 AM

I saw the original production at the Apollo Victoria and was blown away by the staging which was completely responsible for the shows success in my view.

This show would have been fabulous in an arena production and truly spectacular and would have appealed to a massive family audience. Far more suited than JCS.

#43 ptwest

ptwest

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 08:39 PM

Totally agree with this! Admittedly I haven't seen the tour but having seen the west end version the two big plus points I remember was the set and the fact the skaters sped round the whole theatre. It certainly wasnt the story - I got the impression that the show was designed to be a spectacle where the plot was of secondary importance.

#44 Rooster Byron

Rooster Byron

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 07:37 AM

Saw the show last week, obviously it is rubbish compared to the London versions, it really needs to be a spectacular, but it's still a solid, if not quite dated show. There's a great new song which has got stuck in my head, and the large cast and some of the effects are impressive for a touring show. It charms you and the audience loved it, standing ovation and huge cheers. It's still a wonderful musical to take the kids to, and despite everything it holds up well to be a wonderfully entertaining evening at the theatre.

#45 shane54

shane54

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 01:21 PM

Any information about a cast recording? It would be great. The latest cast album is older than 20 years. I would have a new one.

#46 Steve10086

Steve10086

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 04:59 PM

Don't think I'd need a complete new recording, but does any one know if a recording of 'I Do' can be obtained anywhere?

#47 jamescrispy94

jamescrispy94

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 10:20 AM

http://www.mayflower...12&info=photos#

New photo album

#48 StephenWebbFan

StephenWebbFan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Interests:We Will Rock You, Jekyll&Hyde, Jersey Boys,Phantom of the Opera

Posted 08 June 2012 - 07:12 PM

View PostSteve10086, on 26 May 2012 - 04:59 PM, said:

Don't think I'd need a complete new recording, but does any one know if a recording of 'I Do' can be obtained anywhere?

There was a video of it posted on youtube 1 week ago but its been taken off, i'll keep checking if its back on and will post the link here ;)
I dont like the new song at all!! It has the same lyrics repeated all throught he song, even after Rusty saves Pearl, it doesnt make sense. At least Only He/Only You was a ballad and fitted that point in the show perfectly, bad move if you ask me.

So happy that Whole Lotta Loccamotion is still in the tour, considering the amount of versions there is of i t, i think the current one is by far the best!!

#49 D'James

D'James

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 03:03 PM

The current version of AWLL is the best it's ever been but it doesn't fit the story. I wish it had a different introduction as when it doesn't lead into A Lotta Locomotion I'm always disappointed.

#50 Its_Emily

Its_Emily

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Interests:Dancing

Posted 17 June 2012 - 08:37 PM

Saw this in Wimbledon on May the 12th - I loved every minute! The last time I saw it I was 10, so I couldn't remember it all exactly, when the national trains came on I had the biggest grin on my face, which stayed until about halfway through a whole lotta locomotion, when my cheeks started to hurt. A fantastically strong cast, Ruthie Stephens was an amazing Dinah - such a strong performance. Just loved the whole thing basically! Never saw London to compare it too (although I would have loved to), saw the 2006 tour which I loved, I just can't remember it all... Really hope they get a woking date for 2013, I really want to see it again!
Ex - Joseph Chorus Member (UK Tour June 2005- September 2006). I have seen: Joseph, Cats, Starlight Express (x2), Grease (x2),  Ghost The Musical (x2) The Rocky Horror Show, Beauty and the Beast, Rock Of Ages (x2), We Will Rock You (x2) and a ridiculous amount of pantomimes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users