• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#51 sixtynotout

sixtynotout

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 10:21 PM

Saw this in Bradford last week. I did enjoy it but was very dissappointed with the 3D glasses.  Why would you pay to see a live show and then have to watch one of the most exciting bits on a video? I know as it's a touring production they couldn't have the skaters zipping round the isles but surely there could have been some kind of compromise?

#52 kgc

kgc

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 11:34 AM

Saw it earlier in week, bit let down. Saw the last time the show was on tour and noticed a few changes wasn't keen on. 'Only He' (poss my favourite song in it) has gone - didn't like the poppy number replacing it. I don't remember the 'Crazy' either - thought it was very balnd and repetitive.
Also, the title song has been reorchestrated with Piano? Felt it had lost something.
Did like the new song by the 4 girl trains near the beginning though, but overall not as keen

#53 simonp820

simonp820

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 09:24 PM

I also really liked 'I Do' - anyone know where I can listen to it?

#54 Moley

Moley

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • Interests:Theatre, Gigs, Travelling

Posted 05 July 2012 - 06:48 PM

Went to see this in Edinburgh on Tuesday.  I'd never seen it before and only knew the title song so I wasn't sure what to expect.  Took me a while to get into it.  The music and costumes reminded me very much of Eurovision, but then I remembered that I liked Eurovision so from about half way through the first act I really enjoyed it :)  Not as much high speed/exciting skating as i would have liked but it was still a novelty to see them dancing on the skates.  Overall a fun night out and 2 days later I'm still singing bits of the songs.

#55 Rozzi Rainbow

Rozzi Rainbow

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 07:15 PM

I saw this in Edinburgh on Saturday afternoon and loved it. I saw it on my first trip to the West End (along with Cats) and really enjoyed it then, along with also seeing it on tour. I'm always impressed at how well they skate in such a small space - the stage does extend out over the orchestra pit, but it doesn't give them much extra room. All the cast were fab, including Kerry who was on for only her second show as Dinah. I liked the new song, I Do, but prefer Next Time You Fall in Love, I was disappointed on the previous tour when they changed that.
"Seek salvation in the place of living rock.
A bright bright star will show the way.
Go to where the champions played."

#56 Showstopper

Showstopper

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 09:46 PM

Starlight rumoured to come to westend in 2013 !!

#57 MS1995

MS1995

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 10:51 PM

Any chance of a source for that rumour?
2002: Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
2004: Joseph And The Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat
2008: Mamma Mia
2009: Sound Of Music, Les Miserables, The Woman In Black
2010: Wicked
2012: Wicked, Chicago, Legally Blonde, Ghost, Wizard Of Oz, Phantom Of The Opera (UK Tour), Matilda, Sweeney Todd, Taboo (Brixton), Wicked, Wicked
2013: Lift (Soho), The Book Of Mormon, Avenue Q (Off-Broadway), Newsies (Broadway), Wicked (Broadway), Pippin (Broadway), The Lion King.
PLANNED
2013: A Chorus Line, Wicked, The Book Of Mormon, Wicked, The Book Of Mormon, Wicked, We Will Rock You (UK Tour), Wicked (UK Tour), Charlie And The Chocolate Factory, Wicked, Les Miserables, Wicked

#58 ABowlerHat

ABowlerHat

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 10:53 PM

At The Phoenix!

#59 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3373 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 05:11 AM

What a shame, I'd hoped by closing blood brothers they would have had a better replacement than good night mr Tom then starlight express

#60 peggy sue

peggy sue

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 01:37 PM

The Phoenex is too small even for the touring version!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users