• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#61 jmkg

jmkg

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 09:01 PM

They wouldn't put the touring version into the West End. Fair enough, the set isn't portable so they have to use videos to do the races on tour, but for a fixed venue a non-portable set doesn't matter! The show would lose its USP if they brought it back into London without the live races.

#62 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3360 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 06:38 AM

It would be odd if it came in, it's plausible but ATG wanted bill kenwright and blood brothers out of te pheonix so they could have another musical house free so why fill it with anothe kenwright show that is really only filler quality.

#63 D'James

D'James

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 03:07 PM

Maybe this'll be a try out to see if there's the appetite for it to come back fully - tracks and all.

#64 djp

djp

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 12:11 AM

View PostD, on 31 August 2012 - 03:07 PM, said:

Maybe this'll be a try out to see if there's the appetite for it to come back fully - tracks and all.

Or it could be a sign of the future. Shows tour with good casts but  limited sets and then come into London to fill one of the ever increasing number of empty theatres for a while . The usp is that if you live in London and want  to see Starlight with a good cast there's nowhere else you can see it.  Cats and 9 -5 look like good contenders too,  and you could revisit London with Blood Brothers or Chicago if you wanted to too.

#65 Jon

Jon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1386 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 01:09 AM

I imagine Starlight if it does come to London will just be for a short run, I reckon ATG is planning to get a Broadway transfer or a ATG produced new musical or revival to play at the Phoenix for Autumn 2013.

#66 D'James

D'James

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 01:45 AM

View Postdjp, on 01 September 2012 - 12:11 AM, said:

Or it could be a sign of the future. Shows tour with good casts but  limited sets and then come into London to fill one of the ever increasing number of empty theatres for a while . The usp is that if you live in London and want  to see Starlight with a good cast there's nowhere else you can see it.  Cats and 9 -5 look like good contenders too,  and you could revisit London with Blood Brothers or Chicago if you wanted to too.

Exactly my fear. I know the show's not to everyone's taste but I would love for it to have a chance. The other shows you mention could work but Starlight needs tracks in London.

Have shows ever moved from a smaller venue to a larger one??

#67 djp

djp

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 04:35 PM

View PostD, on 01 September 2012 - 01:45 AM, said:

Exactly my fear. I know the show's not to everyone's taste but I would love for it to have a chance. The other shows you mention could work but Starlight needs tracks in London.

Have shows ever moved from a smaller venue to a larger one??

Not sure what it would look like. Its a bit cramped skating on a smaller stage (saw it in Wimbledon (or was it Woking)) the skating could easily fill a bigger  stage. The 3D TV is (literally) a new dimension though - a bigger screen and it would be like going to the cinema - which might or might not work better or worse .Worth going anyway for Amanda Coutts and Ruthie Stephens alone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users