987 replies to this topic

#461 Carmella1

Carmella1

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 03:46 AM

The role is meant for someone older than early 20s.   It needs someone with at least professional experience.  I would love Jonathan Williams to get the role.  I thought he was a great JVJ.

#462 freckles

freckles

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 790 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 06:49 AM

View PostAnnasette, on 09 July 2012 - 01:01 AM, said:

But with regard to the "hiding" of the more professional contingent, it could actually be that they are not bandying more of the established performers names around out of professional courtesy, given potential detrimental effect of being publically seen to fail, until whoever are actually confirmed to at least be through to the live shows.

This is what I think. Maybe their agents have insisted upon it? Maybe they were (rightly) wary of what shall henceforth be known as "doing an Ansell" ?!

Having said that, would love to have seen Oli Tompsett, Alex Gaumond or Ross Hunter singing even a snippet of Why God, Why or  Maria - now to me, that would be TV gold, rather than humiliating some poor inexperienced wannabe.

#463 chinatoy

chinatoy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 07:28 AM

View PostAnnasette, on 09 July 2012 - 01:01 AM, said:

But with regard to the "hiding" of the more professional contingent, it could actually be that they are not bandying more of the established performers names around out of professional courtesy, given potential detrimental effect of being publically seen to fail, until whoever are actually confirmed to at least be through to the live shows.
Perhaps you are right, I simply based the comment on what I have seen ITV do many times before. Attention is not brought to any obvious stand out talent in the early shows.

There is a concerted effort to keep the audience guessing.

#464 Laughingmonsta

Laughingmonsta

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2424 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 08:44 AM

Lets face facts - if you believe the bible or have to use it for the factual elements the show is based on Jesus has to be or at least look 33. So on that basis alone a good 1/3 are only in the top 30 for entertainment value!!!
This is my street, I smile at the faces I've known all my life, They regard me with pride.

#465 Annasette

Annasette

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 10:20 AM

View PostLaughingmonsta, on 09 July 2012 - 08:44 AM, said:

Lets face facts - if you believe the bible or have to use it for the factual elements the show is based on Jesus has to be or at least look 33. So on that basis alone a good 1/3 are only in the top 30 for entertainment value!!!

You'd think so, wouldn't you!? But appearance should matter a touch less on these arena stages that it would in normal circumstances. Inherent knowledge of how people look still counts though. And at least two of those final 30 are specifically identifiable as having been kept around in hope of improvement just because they're pretty.

Did anyone else wonder what the somewhat surprising task to make the music video was all about? These guys weren't supposed to be there to be judged on their film making capabilities. Presumably there will have been some notice taken of how well they worked together, but surely it had to have been more about how individuals came across on film. Would that only be for the benefit of screen projections on the tour or is that potential evidence of intent to film the stage show?

#466 DanielWhit

DanielWhit

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2293 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 10:26 AM

I think it was more "right.. padding, let's do something interesting." than anything else..

We know how these guys look on camera, how the look in a camera whilst on camera isn't going to prove anything!

#467 jaqs

jaqs

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 10:38 AM

The tasks are as much about taking direction and teamwork as they are about performance.

They need to highlight the divas quickly.

#468 freckles

freckles

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 790 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 11:14 AM

View PostAnnasette, on 09 July 2012 - 10:20 AM, said:

You'd think so, wouldn't you!? But appearance should matter a touch less on these arena stages that it would in normal circumstances. Inherent knowledge of how people look still counts though. And at least two of those final 30 are specifically identifiable as having been kept around in hope of improvement just because they're pretty.

Did anyone else wonder what the somewhat surprising task to make the music video was all about? These guys weren't supposed to be there to be judged on their film making capabilities. Presumably there will have been some notice taken of how well they worked together, but surely it had to have been more about how individuals came across on film. Would that only be for the benefit of screen projections on the tour or is that potential evidence of intent to film the stage show?

I think it was as much about having some "extra" footage to put on the ITV Superstar website as anything. The videos are all there in full (guess what I've been doing this morning....) as well as a facility to vote for your favourite.

Which, in turn, is prompting a fair bit of contestants requesting "vote for me" on Twitter.

Quite a clever way to embrace a multi media approach to promotion for the show.

#469 DanielWhit

DanielWhit

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2293 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 11:19 AM

The final will be on 25th July. Tickets will not be available for general booking, looks as though it's being done from a ballot of attendees at the first few recordings who state they can go on the 25th.

#470 djp

djp

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 01:59 PM

View PostDanielWhit, on 09 July 2012 - 10:26 AM, said:

I think it was more "right.. padding, let's do something interesting." than anything else..

We know how these guys look on camera, how the look in a camera whilst on camera isn't going to prove anything!

Made no sense at all. it was supposed to show how they looked on a camera - so they made a video of them filming themselves - while  being filmed on camera by the  same camera people who had been filming them for days anyway.It also introduced the Apprentice random factor where, if you are with 4 dud singers, you may standout as the good one, or you may be badly used,  or you may get lost in the failure going on all around you.There's the same fallacy there as on the Apprentice that if you are good, you ought to be able to produce something good - however badly the people with you are doing.

It filled time and,  I suspect, avoided having to show more people singing. They have a real problem with so many top professionals there in that they will probably also want to create a final 10 for TV purposes and to justify the show. That may need some amateurs, builders, bakers, roadsweepers etc, an age range with someone older and younger than the pack , some controversy,  and some people who look different,  in the last ten . That may not leave room for all the Galileos and other top pros. I wouldn't be surprised if some outstanding candidates have to  go,  and don't get to sing too much so the audience don''t notice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users