#471 Priscilla's heel

Priscilla's heel

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 05:36 PM

View PostAnnasette, on 09 July 2012 - 01:01 AM, said:

I don't think they'll choose professional guys for the whole line-up, mainly because the producers will still want to pander to the sillier audience perception that untrained "ordinary" guys should still be able to be in with a shot, even though it is a long shot. So some places are going to have to be retained for the best of the metaphorical "builder" contestants, whether they should be there or not. And to be politically correct they will keep two places for non white contestants, one of whom is bound to be Roger Wright, because he's got a wonderfully rich voice. Not sure about his lower range in relation to the role though. But I wouldn't be at all surprised if at least half (including Roger Wright), will be effectively professional. A couple, like Nathan James, will be experienced singers as well, albeit without musical theatre background.

But with regard to the "hiding" of the more professional contingent, it could actually be that they are not bandying more of the established performers names around out of professional courtesy, given potential detrimental effect of being publically seen to fail, until whoever are actually confirmed to at least be through to the live shows.

Nathan James was one of the principle singers in the Thriller Live tour last year.

#472 Jamiem

Jamiem

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 07:51 PM

View Postsandeman, on 08 July 2012 - 05:46 PM, said:

I have worked with him and believe me he's the best.
He's a souped-up company manager who's been lucky, his taste is questionable and totally unexciting which is totally demonstrated again and again by this programme

#473 Minsky

Minsky

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 07:58 PM

Oh dear!.  
We take it he didn't give you the job then!!!

#474 Jamiem

Jamiem

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 08:06 PM

View PostMinsky, on 09 July 2012 - 07:58 PM, said:

Oh dear!.  
He didn't give you the job then!!!
I dont employ him either

#475 Danube

Danube

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 305 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 09:45 PM

View PostJamiem, on 09 July 2012 - 07:51 PM, said:

his taste is questionable
Taste is always questionable.  It's something that will always be subjective, and while there are times when I've questioned why a particular person has been cast in a role that I don't think is a good fit, I do at least realise that other people may see the character in a different light.

I haven't watched the show yet, but I think producers of these shows know full well there is a lot of value in holding back some of the potential stars of a series for later shows.  Apart from anything else, the public like to feel as if they have discovered the talented person, and they often end up resenting the front-runner as revealed in the first few shows as someone who is the producers' choice.

I've never warmed to Ancell, and have never seen him act effectively through his vocal performances - although I do appreciate he can sing and would agree with the poster who pointed out that it would not have been appropriate for him to give a full theatrical acting performance in the YouTube clip shown.

It's interesting about them being given a task that appears to have nothing to do with singing or acting, but I can quite easily imagine it's a diva test.  It's also important for these shows that the public gets to see a bit of the contestants' personalities, and it's better to have them doing a couple of slightly contrived tasks than it is for them to push them all for stories about their family problems.

I did find it slightly surprising that Ancell did fall victim to coming across badly on reality tv as he'd managed success in the past, and should know how it works.  Then I remembered that first time around he and G4 didn't always come across very well, but between them being different from what was expected, and their coverage being about them as a group as a whole, his individual likeability was never put to the test.  I do suspect that in telling everyone that he'd taken time out from his other job, he was hoping to impress people that he was already working in theatre.  His eagerness to impress was part of his down-fall.

#476 hollygolightly

hollygolightly

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 10:08 PM

I'm sure I spotted Tim Rogers (Whistle Down The Wind) on the advert for this. Anyone else see him?

#477 bickypeg

bickypeg

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 06:33 AM

Posted Image
Bronowski Productions

Bronowski Productions are proud to announce that they will be returning to the Ljubljana Festival, Slovenia this August with a new production of the Andrew Lloyd Webber & Tim Rice classic Rock Opera, JESUS CHRIST SUPERSTAR. The production will take place from the 20th – 25th August 2012 for 6 performances only.

The show re-unites the creative team that brought the sell-out production of HAIR to Ljubljana in 2011.

Mykal Rand will direct and choreograph the production, with Musical Direction by Nigel Lilley. The show will be designed by Jason Denvir, with by Lighting Design by David Howe and Sound Design by Gareth Owen. Casting by Danielle Tarento.

The cast includes:

Jesus
Alex Gaumond

Judas
Ian Virgo

Mary
Portia Emare

Pilate
Kieran Hill

Herod
Vas Constanti

Annas
Michael Baxter

Further casting to be announced soon.

#478 ajkb7926

ajkb7926

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 09:41 AM

Thats good to know that Alex will get a swing at Jesus either way though!

I am shocked they didnt just use the touring cast though? Not that I'm complaining!

#479 SHk

SHk

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 10:12 AM

View Posthollygolightly, on 09 July 2012 - 10:08 PM, said:

I'm sure I spotted Tim Rogers (Whistle Down The Wind) on the advert for this. Anyone else see him?

I thought I saw him in the first episode. Did he go through to the next round? He is hell of a good actor (saw him Jekyll and Hyde) IMO.

#480 Jamiem

Jamiem

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 11:23 AM

Interesting how the ads show that the first performance is showing sold out and yet it never ever went on sale

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users