Annasette

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 12:38 PM

View PostDarkViking, on 26 July 2012 - 12:06 PM, said:

Thanks Steve(!)

I haven't thrown a hissy fit - I've changed my mind. In other circumstances I can get a full refund for goods I return.

Why should it be different for an event like this? The event has not happened and I have not even received the ticket.

I paid in good faith believing that the selection process would be fair and unbiased. It wasn't fair and was biased. Because of that I changed my mind.

I went back and checked your original post, and it stemmed from a basic misreading of the situation. You were getting your knickers in a twist about something that wasn't even real. And it was incredibly silly to have bought a ticket in advance of the result in that case too. That's not THEIR fault, though. That's YOUR fault.

Good luck with trying to get a refund then, because I would lay very high odds that you won't be successful. Your best bet is as advised above, ie to try to get as much of your money back as you can by selling it on Ebay. But if it is a specific seat, and only a single, then it's even more likely to go cheaper. So since the chances are that you are going to lose money anyway, you might as well just grit your teeth and make the best of it and go anyway. You never know, you might actually enjoy it. But at the very worst it will still be an interesting experience.

#772 Palatio

Palatio

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 02:26 PM

"Why should it be different for an event like this? The event has not happened and I have not even received the ticket."

That is common when booking for theatre. Has been for donkeys years and most of us accept it quite happily. After all t is hardly as if it is a hardship!! There are many disclaimers and the like when you book that state you won't get a refund unless it is cancelled etc. And why on earth should someone get a refund because of a change of mind - for whatever reason. Just nonsense.

#773 Steve10086

Steve10086

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 04:30 PM

View PostDarkViking, on 26 July 2012 - 12:06 PM, said:

I haven't thrown a hissy fit - I've changed my mind. In other circumstances I can get a full refund for goods I return.

Only because the shop wants to give good customer service and keep your future custom.  I don't think there is any legal obligation to refund a non-faulty item.  I just don't understand why you bought the ticket in the first place, or why you think you're entitled to a refund because you've "changed your mind".  Very strange.

#774 Zippy

Zippy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 04:39 PM

If you buy an item in a shop and change your mind and bring it back the shop is under no obligation whatsoever to take it back or give you a refund. Most shops do it as an act of goodwill but they don't have to.
Same with tickets, you bought the ticket, the event is going ahead, you have absolutely no right to a refund.
You might get something for it on eBay.

#775 Matthew Winn

Matthew Winn

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2898 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 05:55 PM

View PostSteve10086, on 26 July 2012 - 04:30 PM, said:

I don't think there is any legal obligation to refund a non-faulty item.

There isn't (apart from the distance-selling laws that allow purchasers time to evaluate goods after receipt before making a final commitment). Many people forget that consumer legislation doesn't just protect consumers from unreasonable companies but also protects companies from unreasonable consumers.
I have always hated eggs. I remember back when I was a sperm I tried to head-butt one. It did not end well.

#776 Zippy

Zippy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 06:21 PM

And concert tickets are not covered by the distance selling laws!

#777 ollyd24

ollyd24

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 08:26 PM

i replayed the announcement of the vote for the winner! to me Ben and Rory looked like they new who had already won. 1.) Ben bent his knees just before Amanda revealed the winner and 2.) Their was no surprise expression from Ben! if you look back to Over the Rainbow and when danielle won or id do anything and when jodie won you could tell from their facial expressions they were surprised! does anyone agree?

#778 bickypeg

bickypeg

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 10:08 AM

http://www.dailymail...s-new-show.html

Re:Superstar

#779 Lynette

Lynette

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 5136 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 10:57 AM

Dontcha just love Chinese spam? Thanks for reporting.

#780 DeNada

DeNada

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 11:27 AM

View PostLynette, on 27 July 2012 - 10:57 AM, said:

Dontcha just love Chinese spam? Thanks for reporting.

The latest lot's Japanese!  There's an excellent Japanese production of JESUS CHRIST SUPERSTAR done in proper Kabuki style that's been running for many years...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users