987 replies to this topic

#801 Priscilla's heel

Priscilla's heel

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 11:49 AM

Does anyone know when the rest of the cast for JCS will be announced?

#802 *Beatrice*

*Beatrice*

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 01:26 PM

View PostPriscilla, on 05 August 2012 - 11:49 AM, said:

Does anyone know when the rest of the cast for JCS will be announced?

Good question. I was wondering when they would announce the full cast for JCS.

#803 wickedgrin

wickedgrin

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1223 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 10:41 PM

I wonder if some of the runners up will appear as disciples?

#804 johartuk

johartuk

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 09:21 AM

It would be an interesting idea, but when there's such a short space of time between Casting Show final and musical's opening night (as was the case with 'Sound Of Music' and 'Joseph'), they usually have the cast start rehearsing before the lead has been cast.  Therefore, it's likely that the disciples have been cast already (one of the 'Superstar' contestants who didn't make it past the final 30 stage has been cast as Peter).

I notice that no other cast announcements have been made yet (e.g. Caiaphas, Annas, Pilate).  Any word on them?  On another theatre board, there was a rumour that Jason Donovan had been cast as Pilate, however, if that was the case, surely it would have been announced by now.  On the other hand, it would explain why Jason was on the 'Superstar' judging panel.

#805 Annasette

Annasette

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 01:14 PM

View Postjohartuk, on 12 August 2012 - 09:21 AM, said:

it's likely that the disciples have been cast already (one of the 'Superstar' contestants who didn't make it past the final 30 stage has been cast as Peter.

On another theatre board, there was a rumour that Jason Donovan had been cast as Pilate, however, if that was the case, surely it would have been announced by now.  On the other hand, it would explain why Jason was on the 'Superstar' judging panel.

Who has been cast as Peter then?

And please NO (!) in respect of Jason Donovan as Pilate. Pilate is pivotal! And Jason Donovan was only ever a mediocre actor who just happened to strike it very, very lucky. Why ALW seems to be so enamoured of him, I have never understood.

#806 *Beatrice*

*Beatrice*

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 12:17 AM

View PostAnnasette, on 12 August 2012 - 01:14 PM, said:

And please NO (!) in respect of Jason Donovan as Pilate. Pilate is pivotal! And Jason Donovan was only ever a mediocre actor who just happened to strike it very, very lucky. Why ALW seems to be so enamoured of him, I have never understood.

That's as maybe. He's not the greatest but he has been cast in many musicals not just ALW's. His Joseph played at the Palladium, a much bigger venue than the last production and for much longer. He's not the best out there but I suppose he has his fans and he is capable of an acceptable performance. People are cast for just that sometimes.

#807 *Beatrice*

*Beatrice*

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 12:21 AM

That's as maybe. He's not the greatest but he has been cast in many musicals not just ALW's. His Joseph played at the Palladium, a much bigger venue than the last production and for much longer. He's not the best out there but I suppose he has his fans and he is capable of an acceptable performance. People are cast for just that sometimes. Joseph just needs a pretty boy who can sing a bit, a damn good narrator and some fabulous support cast and dancers. The energy and enthusiasm of the dancers really made the last WE Jo.

I hope he's not Pilate though.

#808 johartuk

johartuk

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 11:12 AM

View PostAnnasette, on 12 August 2012 - 01:14 PM, said:

Michael Pickering.

First singer here:-

http://superstar.itv...item_200605.htm

Also appears in this vid:-

http://superstar.itv...item_200616.htm

#809 AnnT

AnnT

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 12:51 PM

I see that Wembley Arena has been added to the tour list (typical, five minutes from me and I got tickets for the O2).
Surprised that it has apparently sold so well on the back of what I felt was a fairly poor TV show.  Unless the Tim Minchin/Mel C casting is that popular -?-

#810 ABowlerHat

ABowlerHat

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 04:29 PM

So unless I'm mistaken, it seems both Tim and Rory from the TV show are in the tour. I'm guessing Rory could be Simon Zealotes/understudy Jesus? Not sure about Tim.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users