#821 MS1995

MS1995

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 08:11 AM

View Postdjp, on 22 August 2012 - 09:11 PM, said:

He's  gone all the way back to Jeff for the  understudy,  so its quite a few people ALW kept in longer who have not been given the role.Sadly the show doesn't seem to even have a wiki page to look the history  up,  but its at least Rory, Roger and David who got  nearer to winning (or didn't really).

Interesting that Tim was spotted for something else too.

I'm not sure that he would have gone to Roger with the role though, as I don't think he ever saw him as Jesus, but I'm still surprised that there are only 2 of the rejectee jesus' in the show as a whole!
2002: Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
2004: Joseph And The Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat
2008: Mamma Mia
2009: Sound Of Music, Les Miserables, The Woman In Black
2010: Wicked
2012: Wicked, Chicago, Legally Blonde, Ghost, Wizard Of Oz, Phantom Of The Opera (UK Tour), Matilda, Sweeney Todd, Taboo (Brixton), Wicked, Wicked
2013: Lift (Soho), The Book Of Mormon, Avenue Q (Off-Broadway), Newsies (Broadway), Wicked (Broadway), Pippin (Broadway), The Lion King.
PLANNED
2013: A Chorus Line, Wicked, The Book Of Mormon, Wicked, The Book Of Mormon, Wicked, We Will Rock You (UK Tour), Wicked (UK Tour), Charlie And The Chocolate Factory, Wicked, Les Miserables, Wicked

#822 Honoured Guest

Honoured Guest

Dis Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2522 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 11:52 AM

ITV currently plans no more m.t. talent shows and admits a little disappointment at Superstar's ratings!

www.thestage.co.uk/news

#823 johartuk

johartuk

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 12:43 PM

Talk about stating the obvious!  ITV lady has basically said what we (and people discussing the show on other forums and websites) have been saying all along.  Good that ITV have admitted that there were flaws in the show/scheduling, but it would have been better if they'd thought these things through to begin with.

Incidentally, I liked the BBC bod's diplomatic way of saying "The presenter wasn't up to the job!"

#824 djp

djp

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 03:20 PM

View Postjohartuk, on 24 August 2012 - 12:43 PM, said:

Talk about stating the obvious!  ITV lady has basically said what we (and people discussing the show on other forums and websites) have been saying all along.  Good that ITV have admitted that there were flaws in the show/scheduling, but it would have been better if they'd thought these things through to begin with.

Incidentally, I liked the BBC bod's diplomatic way of saying "The presenter wasn't up to the job!"

The use of the word bold sounded pure Sir Humphrey. Bold = "courageous" in Yes Minister speech = silly,  foolhardy and doomed.

#825 *Beatrice*

*Beatrice*

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 06:55 PM

View PostHonoured Guest, on 24 August 2012 - 11:52 AM, said:

ITV currently plans no more m.t. talent shows and admits a little disappointment at Superstar's ratings!

www.thestage.co.uk/news

Well that's tough luck for ITV! The TV show was their responsibilty. They lost out. JCS has sold very well. so I doubt ALW is bothered.

#826 DanielWhit

DanielWhit

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2293 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 08:24 PM

In case it gets lost - here is the direct link to the news item: http://www.thestage....or-more-musical

#827 PriscillaCraze

PriscillaCraze

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 06:39 PM

Who's going to see JCS? I'm avoiding this show because the ticket prices are insane and you won't get the real theatrical experience, it just won't be the same as Theatre :(. Imagine seeing yourself in arena and the view probably won't be as good, you need a Theatre where you can get natural acoustics and experience the show at it's best :). I expected Andrew to know better.......

#828 Steve10086

Steve10086

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 06:47 PM

Yeah, you'd have thought ALW would have learnt from all those highly unsuccessful arena productions of JCS in the USA over the last forty years.

#829 Showstopper

Showstopper

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 09:39 AM

Surely now, Charlie going to Drury lane . Maybe we will see a production of jesuschrist at the palladium?
I'll put half a sixpence on that!!!! Lol

#830 poster J

poster J

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1016 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 02:19 PM

View PostShowstopper, on 31 August 2012 - 09:39 AM, said:

Surely now, Charlie going to Drury lane . Maybe we will see a production of jesuschrist at the palladium?
I'll put half a sixpence on that!!!! Lol

I hope not, but it's certainly looking more likely!  I doubt it would last long though - is the tour even close to selling out?!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users