#971 freckles

freckles

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:03 AM

View PostLaughingmonsta, on 05 February 2013 - 09:06 PM, said:

It was papered to high heavens the first time round - I would guess that it doesn't have the bums on seats to make it work. It wouldn't surprise me if the tour doesn't go ahead at all!

And Minchin has publicly expressed his displeasure at being auto-tuned on the DVD, maybe they are not all happy campers at the moment...?

#972 KevinUK

KevinUK

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:56 PM

There's talk it's been pushed back for Spice Girl commitments...
If I stay awake, it must be good.

#973 Kathryn2

Kathryn2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1255 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:22 PM

View Postfreckles, on 06 February 2013 - 11:03 AM, said:

And Minchin has publicly expressed his displeasure at being auto-tuned on the DVD, maybe they are not all happy campers at the moment...?

Where did he say that?

I didn't know he was autotuned - it would explain why his vocal perfomance seems so oddly gutless on the DVD.
I felt when I watched it that he was just hitting the notes rather than really acting through his singing.

Hmm, kind of like Russell Crowe in the Les Mis film, actually.

Hmmmmmm......

#974 paplazaroo

paplazaroo

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:41 PM

The bit of chat podcast with ken plume which is a really interesting listen but if you don't have time Chortle transcribed his fury here http://www.chortle.c...rstar_auto-tune

#975 sambda

sambda

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:43 PM

View Postpaplazaroo, on 07 February 2013 - 06:41 PM, said:

The bit of chat podcast with ken plume which is a really interesting listen but if you don't have time Chortle transcribed his fury here http://www.chortle.c...rstar_auto-tune

He's having a pop at Lord ALW in that... Hmm, odd for somebody who's going to be in a second run of musical written by the same Lord ALW, and produced by his company.

I'm not sure how he knows he been autotuned anyhow.  How would anybody know what each note sounded like in one particular performance of theirs?

#976 paplazaroo

paplazaroo

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:03 PM

If you search Tim minchin autotune on YouTube a pretty clear example comes up. I think it's cool he's not scared of The Lord, I guess he's a more promising prospect to the theatre world at the minute.

#977 FireFingers

FireFingers

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:07 PM

Bloody hell, when I was told it was autotuned I was expecting something a bit more subtle that that. I'd be annoyed too if someone had done that to my voice. Rather be flat than sound like that.

#978 wickedlover

wickedlover

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:15 AM

Does anybody know anything about the Belfast date of the tour?

There has been no rescheduled date announced, and the Odyssey Arena has received no confirmation from producers about it's being cancelled.
LONDON
[2004 ]   Mary Poppins - Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
[2008] The Sound of Music - Wicked
[2009] Oliver! - Billy Elliot - Grease - Wicked - Avenue Q - Sister Act - Wicked - The Rise and Fall of Little Voice
[2010]     Oliver! - Sister Act - The Lion King - Wicked - Sister Act
[2011]     Legally Blonde - Jersey Boys - Shrek the Musical - Wicked - The Wizard of Oz - Shrek the Musical - Jersey Boys - Ghost the Musical - The Wizard of Oz - Shrek the Musical
[2012] Ghost the Musical - The Wizard of Oz - Matilda the Musical - Shrek the Musical - Wicked - Ghost the Musical - The Lion King - Les Miserables - Jest End - Shrek the Musical - Wicked - Wicked - The Woman in Black - Matilda the Musical
[2013]     The Bodyguard - Wicked - Matilda the Musical - We Will Rock You - The Woman in Black - Wicked - The Book of Mormon - Les Miserables - Charlie & the Chocolate Factory - Billy Elliot - The Bodyguard - Wicked - Wicked
[2014] The Bodyguard - The Book of Mormon - Wicked - Matilda the Musical - Blithe Spirit - We Will Rock You - Wicked - Miss Saigon - Les Miserables - An Evening With Julie Andrews - Let The Right One In - The Bodyguard

BELFAST
[2004] Joseph (UK Tour)
[2007] Cats (UK Tour)
[2009] Evita (UK Tour x2) - Fame (UK Tour) - Chicago (UK Tour)
[2010] The Sound of Music (UK Tour x3)
[2011] Spamalot (UK Tour) - Avenue Q (UK Tour x2) - Dancing Shoes: The George Best Story - Joseph (UK Tour)
[2012] The King and I (UK Tour) - Grease (UK Tour) - Blood Brothers (UK Tour) - Legally Blonde (UK Tour x2) -   The Mousetrap (UK Tour) - Jesus Christ Superstar (Arena Tour) - Chicago (UK Tour) - One Man, Two Guvnors (UK Tour)
[2013] Soul Sister (UK Tour) - High Society (UK Tour) - Hairspray (UK Tour) - We Will Rock You (10th Anniversary Arena Tour) - 9 to 5 (UK Tour) - Priscilla, Queen of the Desert (UK Tour) - Evita (UK Tour x3) - Thriller Live (UK Tour) - Joseph (UK Tour) - Cats (UK Tour x2)
[2014] Singin' In The Rain (UK Tour) - Birdsong (UK Tour) - The Mousetrap (UK Tour) - Shrek the Musical (UK Tour) - One Man, Two Guvnors (UK Tour)

MANCHESTER
[2011] Mamma Mia (Int Tour) - Ghost the Musical (World Premier)
[2012] The Lion King (UK Tour)
[2013] Ghost the Musical (UK Tour) - Wicked (UK Tour x2)

DUBLIN
[2011] Sister Act (UK Tour)
[2012] The Phantom of the Opera (UK Tour)
[2013] Wicked (UK Tour)

#979 freckles

freckles

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:36 AM

View PostKathryn2, on 07 February 2013 - 06:22 PM, said:

Where did he say that?

I didn't know he was autotuned - it would explain why his vocal perfomance seems so oddly gutless on the DVD.
I felt when I watched it that he was just hitting the notes rather than really acting through his singing.

Hmm, kind of like Russell Crowe in the Les Mis film, actually.

Hmmmmmm......

Here: and Here:

#980 Steve10086

Steve10086

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:12 AM

He's been auto tuned?  Have Ben's vocals been corrected to?  And have they filtered out Mel C's ridiculous breathiness?  Maybe the DVD will be worth watching after all!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users