• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#21 uktheatrejunkie

uktheatrejunkie

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 02:00 PM

Thanks; i'm in the process of buying that one in a lot of 60. and thanks for the amzon info on the amazon Royal court ones. The National Theatre bookshop also sells most of the play texts.

View PostPharaoh, on 22 January 2012 - 10:11 AM, said:

You haven't listed it, but do you need the NT programme of London Road (2011, Cottesloe)? I've found that one for sale online.

Oh, and all the Royal Court ones are playtexts, so are for sale online (eg Amazon).

#22 uktheatrejunkie

uktheatrejunkie

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 02:02 PM

I am keeping everything I bought: my dream is to one day open a theatre gallery in Canada and keep updating it with memorabilia of all the plays I have seen: about 600 so far in the past 23 years.

View Postdude-1981, on 22 January 2012 - 11:28 AM, said:

So did you never ever buy a programme to any show that you went to previously and have now decided that you do want them?  Or did you buy them and then get rid of them at some point.

#23 uktheatrejunkie

uktheatrejunkie

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 02:04 PM

yes; of course but....I have managed to buy close to 200 of the 600 plays I have seen ....only in the past couple of months. Thank goodness for ebay.

View Postarmadillo, on 22 January 2012 - 11:50 AM, said:

I suppose it's a really obvious question but wouldn't it have been easier to buy these when you saw the shows? When did you decide to start collecting?  :blink:

#24 Pharaoh's number 2

Pharaoh's number 2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3750 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 02:10 PM

View Postuktheatrejunkie, on 22 January 2012 - 01:58 PM, said:

Thanks; I will definitely check the Wyndhams. As for the dress circle I have bought some souvenir brochures from them. I pretty well have all the free leaflets and some cast lists. Let me know if you have any of the programmes for sale on any of my 4 lists.  thanks.

I have quite a few of the ones on your list, but only single copies which are part of my own collection! Sorry.

I have no idea if the Wyndham's will let you buy/have their old, useless programmes, but it's worth a try. They all used to be (and I suspect still are) in a little room next door to the lighting control booth at the back of the balcony.

So is this museum idea a new thing then, because I, like many others, am intrigued as to why you didn' simply buy the programmes when you sawe the shows in the first place?!

#25 Lynette

Lynette

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 5140 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 02:48 PM

Confused by the date thing - surely mean a programme from the same run as you say not the exact same date you saw the piece? All the progs from a run will be the same unless there is a cast change.

Confused by the intention of the museum: why now, why what you haev seen only, how will this be interesting to the general public?

Totally confused why you didn't buy the programmes at the time. I thought it was a just a few when you began this thread in order to complete a collection but it looks like you want a total collection.

But happy to see this come to fruition; my own collection looking even less a space eater, more of a pension... :D

#26 Pharaoh's number 2

Pharaoh's number 2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3750 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 02:53 PM

Oh, and a piece of advice:

When you come to the UK in February, make sure you buy a programme when you see each show ;)

#27 DanielWhit

DanielWhit

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2293 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 07:27 PM

View Postuktheatrejunkie, on 22 January 2012 - 03:35 AM, said:

At present I am not buying play texts .... unless they also include information about the actual play's cast and production at the Brit theatre I saw it in.

As for the other ones below they MUST be a programme from the actual theatre I saw it in and the same year: IE: And then there were none (#20 below): I saw at the Oxford Playhouse in 2008. I would only want the programme from that theatre.

How much do you want for the ones you have?

I am also visiting london again mid Feb. for 8 days and they could be posted to me there.

American Trade's playtext was sold as a programme - including biogs of cast etc. And yes, I also saw And Then There Were None at OP (and honestly thought very little of it!). I'll hold fire on any prices for now - let's see if I can find them first! :)

#28 armadillo

armadillo

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 2740 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 07:36 PM

I'm trying to imagine going to a gallery to see 600 Canadian theatre programmes  :blink:

#29 Honoured Guest

Honoured Guest

Dis Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2522 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 08:12 PM

View Postarmadillo, on 22 January 2012 - 07:36 PM, said:

I'm trying to imagine going to a gallery to see 600 Canadian theatre programmes  :blink:
Keep up, Armadillo. It's a Canadian gallery to see 600 British theatre programmes.

#30 armadillo

armadillo

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 2740 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 08:20 PM

View PostHonoured Guest, on 22 January 2012 - 08:12 PM, said:

Keep up, Armadillo. It's a Canadian gallery to see 600 British theatre programmes.

But that's what I don't understand, Inspector. Why would Canadians be interested in British theatre programmes?  :blink:  Call be insular but I wouldn't be interested in Canadian ones.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users