47 replies to this topic

#41 Tintin

Tintin

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 08:34 PM

It does sound an interesting idea, and I hope you have a lot of success with it. I did wonder at first if this gallery would really be more about you going to the theatre in Britain during that period, rather than an impersonal retrospective, and if this would be enough to attract the public to such a gallery.  However your list of productions is so comprehensive, I am sure it would be of great interest to any theatre lover in Canada. But would you not need more than just programmes? I would have thought posters and photos, as well as magazine articles and reviews would also be important.

#42 Steve10086

Steve10086

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 10:32 AM

I don't mean any offence, but I can't see why anyone would want to visit someone else's theatre collection.  I have over 400 programmes from the shows I've seen, and although they mean a lot to me, I don't think anyone else would want to visit them!

#43 Alf

Alf

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 05:33 PM

Sorry to hijack the thread, but if someone has a programme from the recent production of Driving Miss Daisy at the Wyndham's that they would be willing to part with, I'd be much obliged if you could send a PM my way. Cheers :)
My occasionally neglected theatre blog: http://thegreatestof...blogspot.co.uk/
Latest post: Review: 'Blithe Spirit' at the Gielgud Theatre: http://thegreatestof...theatre_10.html

#44 uktheatrejunkie

uktheatrejunkie

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:13 PM

View PostTintin, on 24 February 2012 - 08:34 PM, said:

<br />It does sound an interesting idea, and I hope you have a lot of success with it. I did wonder at first if this gallery would really be more about you going to the theatre in Britain during that period, rather than an impersonal retrospective, and if this would be enough to attract the public to such a gallery.  However your list of productions is so comprehensive, I am sure it would be of great interest to any theatre lover in Canada. But would you not need more than just programmes? I would have thought posters and photos, as well as magazine articles and reviews would also be important.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Sorry for the delay in replying to this post as I made yet another trip to London for 10 days late February. .... and yes.. I did pick up programmes for the 22 plays I saw in the 10 days. Yes; I will include posters and photos and even journals I have kept for everyone of the 34 trips in now 24 years. I have about 350 posters of the now 608 plays and continue to collect those as well. Now I just have to win the lottery either here in Canada or in England: I actually play the same numbers in each country.

#45 Distant_Cousin

Distant_Cousin

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 01:52 PM

View Postdude-1981, on 22 January 2012 - 11:28 AM, said:

So did you never ever buy a programme to any show that you went to previously and have now decided that you do want them?  Or did you buy them and then get rid of them at some point.

That's EXACTLY what I thought!...

#46 uktheatrejunkie

uktheatrejunkie

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 02:46 AM

Wow.

A first possible purchase.

I would love to purchase your Globe As you like it (2009) and Anne Boleyn (2010). If you can provide me with an email I can email you my want list of 300 programmes.

Thanks

John

basienut@yahoo.com

#47 lm99

lm99

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 01:26 PM

Looking for a copy of the programmes Bug (1996) and Woyzeck (1997) both where at the Gate Theatre in London

#48 AllanK

AllanK

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 01:24 PM

I have a lot of theatre programmes following the death of my partner who had a filing cabinet full of them in the garage. She would never throw them out.

So is this still outstanding and if so what is your up to date requirement.

You can reply direct to email preferably allangkeating@gmail.com

Allank

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users