#11 Polly1

Polly1

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 01:03 PM

View PostPharaoh, on 22 January 2012 - 12:45 PM, said:

I think they hold back a few for sale in person, but I'm not 100% sure on that.

From the Royal Court website:

A very limited number of tickets for 10 Monday will be available on the day of each perf from 9am online. These have been selling-out within seconds. Due to high demand for Constellations, an additional twenty 10 Monday tickets will be released at 10am for in-person customers at the Royal Court Theatre, Sloane Square. Customers can book up to 2 tickets each and early queuing is advisable.

I imagine this will transfer now, hopefully so. But - bees, quantum physics? Haven't we been here before (Humble Boy?)

#12 siteseer

siteseer

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 01:04 PM

I was hoping they would have some tickets at the box office.
I will ring them in the morning just to make sure. It can
get expensive calling overseas so I was hoping to avoid the charge.

#13 siteseer

siteseer

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 01:12 PM

Thanks Polly1.
I posted at the same time as you.
That is exactly what I was looking for.

#14 drmaplewood

drmaplewood

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 09:09 AM

Just tried to get the £10 tickets online and not convinced there was any tickets at all, I was refreshing for 5 mins prior to 9, when it appeared that they had gone on sale I entered 2 tickets and it then told me it was sold out. In the space of 5 seconds. Would have gone down to the box office in person but have work commitments this morning. Oh well, serves me right for not getting into gear earlier for tickets.

#15 Honoured Guest

Honoured Guest

Dis Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2542 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 10:51 AM

Probably due to the effect of the Higgs boson particles.

#16 dude-1981

dude-1981

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 655 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 01:34 PM

Had the same experience with tickets going online in seconds.  Only around 40 though.  

I take 20 'additional' tickets to mean 20 tickets less being sold online myself.
If, for some strange reason you care what I've seen, it's all here:

http://pcchan1981.livejournal.com/

#17 CAA

CAA

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 03:51 PM

I have had the exact same experience this the reply I have had back from the Royal Court:  Im afraid the demand for Constellations is so high that all the tickets were snapped up in seconds Quite simply, unfortunately other people beat you to it in the half-second they got to the page sooner, they were able to select seats before you. Unfortunately with such limited quantity (the auditorium only seats 95, and half of these have already been sold in advance to Friends & Supporters) there are only going to be 15-20 people lucky enough to snap up the remaining 10 Monday tickets, and Constellations is so popular that many more than this are trying.

All I can comment is if you want to get a ticket keep looking on their website as any tickets they have for sale will appear.  Other than that just hope it gets extended or just try for returns.

#18 dude-1981

dude-1981

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 655 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 10:37 PM

Slightly annoying that I was a member at the time tickets went on sale and couldn't get a 10 ticket then and that I saw everything at the RC in 2011 up and down stairs and all these johnny come lately types waltz in and nab the tickets. :lol:

Should be a loyalty card scheme at times like this.  Or a ballot.  Didn't have this issue when getting tickets on the day for The Acid Test for instance.
If, for some strange reason you care what I've seen, it's all here:

http://pcchan1981.livejournal.com/

#19 fringefan

fringefan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 05:07 AM

So much frustration and thwarted hope for what turns out to be a 70-minute play!  I'm lucky I took a chance and booked earlier, but I do wish theatres would provide some indication, when announcing new seasons, of the approximate running times and anything else significant, such as the fact that there will be no interval.  (I know they don't always know but the Royal Court must have known this was a particularly short play.)  I try to fit in a couple of plays per day on trips to London so can see I will end up with plenty of spare time to spend in Peter Jones after this one...  could prove unexpectedly expensive!

#20 macca

macca

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 12:11 PM

Wonderful!  Everything came together to create a magical evening of theatre.   I was impressed by everything from the simple set, the innovative writing, the direction and two amazingly talented actors - in particular Sally Hawkngs was spell binding.  I know it is only January but I will be surprised if I see anything better this year - the bar has been set very high.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users