• Please log in to reply
115 replies to this topic

#111 zh36

zh36

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:42 PM

I know this is terribly naughty and probably against the rules, but I've got a spare ticket for tonight's performance that I'm trying to offload at short notice. Stalls, B8 £37 ticket that I'm willing to sell for a tenner. I don't want it to go to waste! My number's deleted if anyone wants it!

#112 Lynette

Lynette

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 5142 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:33 PM

Not naughty and I hope someone picked up the ticket. But don't use the site only for ticket crises. Join in the discussions.

#113 Nicholas

Nicholas

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:25 AM

On the note of tickets, though, the offer of a free jar of honey with every top price ticket bought has to be the greatest theatre offer ever.

#114 fringefan

fringefan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 776 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 05:22 AM

Really?  More so than the free umbrella with Loserville?  In the current wet weather, I'd have thought the latter won hands down, even if it's practical rather than pleasurable!

#115 Lynette

Lynette

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 5142 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:42 PM

Just caught this: excellent. Would be interesting to see it played by older actors. Lots to think about.

#116 xy_whitefaerie

xy_whitefaerie

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:06 PM

Watched this yesterday and enjoyed it so much! And to think that I almost didn't go to queue for tickets. It had a very simple stage design but it worked perfectly. The balloons complemented the mood of each scene but didn't take the focus away from the performances by Sally Hawkins and Rafe Spall, who were both brilliant. Hawkins was funnily-awkward and then heartbreakingly-sad while Rafe Spall was adorable and very believable as the different Rolands in each parallel universe (add eye-contact with the audiences, and I was engaged to his performance). The play began with sweet and funny moments, and slowly moved on to a heavier mood interspersed with some happy scenes- the audience was just being brought onto an emotional roller-coaster. Sad that it has to close today, but am glad that I managed to catch it before it closes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users