• Please log in to reply
2021 replies to this topic

#1 BroadwayDave

BroadwayDave

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 03:56 PM

On the Oliver website under the music section is "As Long As He Needs Me" a new recording by Jodie? I swear when the site first opened it was the original London Palladium version... Just wondering!

#2 Trekkie Monster

Trekkie Monster

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 04:05 PM

QUOTE(BroadwayDave @ Aug 10 2008, 04:56 PM) View Post
On the Oliver website under the music section is "As Long As He Needs Me" a new recording by Jodie? I swear when the site first opened it was the original London Palladium version... Just wondering!

I don't think it's Jodie.  It's Sally Dexter.

#3 Guest_Sam Gonion_*

Guest_Sam Gonion_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 August 2008 - 09:50 AM

Talking of Jodie, I heard that she is going to be going into Les Mis for 4 weeks starting late August. She will be in the ensemble doing 8 shows a week to give her some practice of being in a West End show. Should be fun!

#4 DuddersMonster

DuddersMonster

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 10:02 AM

QUOTE(Sam Gonion @ Aug 11 2008, 10:50 AM) View Post
Talking of Jodie, I heard that she is going to be going into Les Mis for 4 weeks starting late August. She will be in the ensemble doing 8 shows a week to give her some practice of being in a West End show. Should be fun!

I think its a very good idea to get her used to a demanding West End schedule before throwing her in the deep end with Oliver!
The last thing audiences want is for Jodie to strain herself like Connie Fisher did (through no fault of her own) when she first started in The Sound Of Music leading to her reduced shedule. With all the buzz around Oliver and the almost-nancys I should imagine audiences would be seriously peeved if this happened again.

#5 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 August 2008 - 06:21 PM

Can i just remind everyone that Nancy is not the biggest part in the world!!!!

#6 DuddersMonster

DuddersMonster

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 08:34 AM

No, it's not the biggest part in the world, far from it. But she worked very publically and very hard for the role so people are naturally going to take an interest. Good luck to her is what I say!

In other news Jodie is doing a course at RADA to brush up on her acting before she gets Nancytastic.
http://www.myparkmag.co.uk/articles/televi...ada-course.html

#7 Meirion

Meirion

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 04:48 PM

She is also doing a concert with Bryn Terfel, John Barrowman and Daniel Boys at the end of August.

#8 Oliver!

Oliver!

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 11:00 PM

Just to let you guys know the "Premier stall" tickets for Oliver have now been released and are available for 85 which includes a program. See Tickets.

#9 DuddersMonster

DuddersMonster

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 12:51 PM

<<Chokes>>

85!!!!
There's a recession on!

#10 Guest_TheatreLover_*

Guest_TheatreLover_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 December 2008 - 10:55 PM

QUOTE(DuddersMonster @ Dec 4 2008, 12:51 PM) View Post
<<Chokes>>

85!!!!
There's a recession on!

Yes - but you do get a 'free program'.

Honestly - they are always moaning that West End theatre doesn't attract enough bums on seats.  With these prices it's no wonder.  It wasn't that long ago a top price ticket was under 40.00.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users