108 replies to this topic

#21 Blue

Blue

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 11:12 AM

That is awful. I did not know that people booed the announcement. Poor Sophie and well done for showing them all what a trooper she is.

#22 Matthew Winn

Matthew Winn

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2898 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 03:04 PM

I've heard people in other shows boo because the star they came to see is off. My attitude is that if someone is so stupid as to boo the understudy then they're so stupid that their opinion is of no importance. It's the opinions of knowledgeable and experienced people that matter. Who cares what idiots think?
I have always hated eggs. I remember back when I was a sperm I tried to head-butt one. It did not end well.

#23 Out In The Sticks

Out In The Sticks

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Interests:Musical Theatre, watching and performing (amateur).....

Posted 21 February 2007 - 04:48 PM

Matthew totally agree with your comments, however (this is not to justify the boo's they are still wrong), sometimes people are booking to see a certain performer as they like that performer. I know that when we went to see SOM we would have been very disappointed not to have seen either Connie or Lesley.  When we went to see Throughly Modern Millie Amanda was off so we went back. Her understudy was very good but it was Amanda we wanted to see.

#24 Blue

Blue

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 04:56 PM

I do that as well. Sometimes I book to see a show. Sometimes I book to see a performer. But such is life and peoplet get sick. What is disgraceful is openly booing about it.

#25 M George

M George

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 10:42 PM

QUOTE(theatrefan @ Feb 18 2007, 03:04 PM) View Post
Not only was she advised to have last week off, the Sunday Express is now reporting that she is suffering from exhaustion, and has discovered that doing all 8 shows is too much stress! Now what was it she said about not needing an alternate???? huh.gif  Maybe she should have heeded what the director and producers originally said rather than denigrating her alternate as unnecessary. ohmy.gif The Express give the figures of how much time she has had off and are suggesting she will not finish her contract because of this exhaustion! I felt sorry for her when it was said she had a bad cold and laryngitis, but if this is true, then she has somewhat brought it on herself.

The Sunday Express is SUCH a reliable newspaper.  We must believe everything it reports!
I won't be called a baggage!

#26 theatrefan

theatrefan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 03:15 PM

I don't believe all that is written in newspapers, I was reporting what had been said and commenting IF it were true. I was quite surprised it was in the Express and not the Mail, who have been anti Connie from the beginning. I really hope for Connie's sake that it isn't true, and that she will be back soon, but maybe she should heed what was said, and not push her voice too much when/ if she returns.

The best of times is now,
Now, not some forgotten yesterday.
Now, tomorrow is too far away

#27 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 February 2007 - 04:26 PM

QUOTE(Sarah @ Feb 21 2007, 10:13 AM) View Post
getting standing ovations every night she goes on..

Sorry, there was no standing ovation for Sophie the day I went (Feb 7th) and to be honest I was distincly underwhelmed - a flat performance I though

#28 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 February 2007 - 05:11 PM

From what I've heard from someone who was there, Connie has been back since Saturday night.  The Really Useful Group website has taken down all the "health reports" and is operating as if everything is normal again.  

#29 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 February 2007 - 10:34 PM

I'm travelling down from Newcastle to see the show tomorrow night with my 8 year old daughter and I have to admit we'll be disappointed if Connie isn't in the show. As the articles about Connie's health had been rem,oved from the website i assumed all was back to normal but maybe not?

#30 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 February 2007 - 11:07 PM

QUOTE(Guest @ Feb 22 2007, 10:34 PM) View Post
I'm travelling down from Newcastle to see the show tomorrow night with my 8 year old daughter and I have to admit we'll be disappointed if Connie isn't in the show. As the articles about Connie's health had been rem,oved from the website i assumed all was back to normal but maybe not?

Everything I've heard has indicated that Connie *is* back.  She wasn't supposed to be back until this past Monday, but she apparently was back earlier than that--Saturday night.  The health updates are off the site--everything's operating as normal now.  She's back.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users